EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Update on diplomacy being done today. @KaiserJohan is screaming from the top of his lungs that he is powerless, defenseless and irrelevant. "Oh woe be me!" laments the Emperor of HALF OF EUROPE. Everyone else shakes their head.

Actual argument: "Yes it's a lot of development but but so much autonomy as well! It's so horrible to be me!"

Blondie does take week-ends. Plus, he keeps this thread alive!

Or maybe undead. Does that count as thread necromancy? :p

Update on diplomacy being done today. @KaiserJohan is screaming from the top of his lungs that he is powerless, defenseless and irrelevant. "Oh woe be me!" laments the Emperor of HALF OF EUROPE. Everyone else shakes their head.

Actual argument: "Yes it's a lot of development but but so much autonomy as well! It's so horrible to be me!"
And had people got their act properly together when Bratyn tried, he would be. Would enough people try tomorrow, he could be. But should someone else with a high profile deduct the proper answer to the question "Who's next?", he won't be.

If you think Spain/France/Great Britain cannot steamroll Byzantium some time >1650 with superior units, NIs and New World Trade I dont know what to say. The argument that "oh you will get more states soon and thus state more, no problem!" kind of presumes the Westerners will sit idly by and not expand into the extremely rich HRE. Again just compare the actual numbers, it's right there.

kind of presumes the Westerners will sit idly by and not expand into the extremely rich HRE. Again just compare the actual numbers, it's right there.

But it's fine! You're Allied with Austria anyway so just don't let them.

But it's fine! You're Allied with Austria anyway so just don't let them.
Is he? If he is, that's very interesting news!

The second KaiserJohan puts down his last reserved rival slot where you being the only eligible, I'll keep saying that he is keeping that one open so he can ally you.

One look at the ledger shows the western powers did exactly the right thing, grow strong (ideas, land, trade) first instead of wasting time with a war vs. byzantium too early. Now the western powers have close to the same army size (land gain only helps so much at 50% or more autonomy), getting similar (and soon superior) units and more ideas+ better NIs (e.g. france didn't have elan last time). As long as they don't take a superiority war goal and keep their stacks close to each other, byzantium will fall (unless Kaiser Johan manages to create a counter coalition with more players than just hungary).

Excuse me? Do you seriously think you can extort the Roman Empire, barbaroi? The Caesar will (hopefully) not hear this petty drivel.
Watch your tone you are addressing, by the grace of God elected Holy Roman Emperor, forever August, King of Germany,King of Hungry, King of Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Rama, Serbia, Galicia, Lodomeria, Cumania, Bulgaria, Archduke of Austria, Duke of Burgundy, Brabant, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Margrave of Moravia, Duke of Luxemburg, of the Higher and Lower Silesia, of Württemberg and Teck, Prince of Swabia, Count of Habsburg, Tyrol, Kyburg and Goritia, Landgrave of Alsace, Marquess of the Holy Roman Empire, Burgovia, the Enns, the Higher and Lower Lusace, Lord of the Marquisate of Slavonia, of Port Naon and Salines, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Watch your tone you are addressing, by the grace of God elected Holy Roman Emperor, forever August, King of Germany, King of Hungary, King of Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Rama, Serbia, Galicia, Lodomeria, Cumania, Bulgaria, Archduke of Austria, Duke of Burgundy, Brabant, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Margrave of Moravia, Duke of Luxemburg, of the Higher and Lower Silesia, of Württemberg and Teck, Prince of Swabia, Count of Habsburg, Tyrol, Kyburg and Goritia, Landgrave of Alsace, Marquess of the Holy Roman Empire, Burgovia, the Enns, the Higher and Lower Lusace, Lord of the Marquisate of Slavonia, of Port Naon and Salines, etc. etc.
Somebody please do a CK2 screenshot showing the titles which are effectively owned and which are claims :p

The second KaiserJohan puts down his last reserved rival slot where you being the only eligible, I'll keep saying that he is keeping that one open so he can ally you.

I'm reserving this for a special someone who has not showed up on my radar... yet :rolleyes:

Besides let me drop some truthbombs, what do you think the fate of France will be once the next round of VCs drop from Spain/GB/Austria? Who do you think will be the third part in the Western Triumvirate then? And I can assure you it wont be Byzantium...

Poor Kaise!! He really needs some help from everyone.
Just like in previous dev clash where he (and his team) were not the most dangerous at all. #SecondRomeProblems :)

Kaiser Johan, you just need to remove all competition before 1650. I mean, "integrate in the Roman Empire" for the greater good.