EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MikeSC will be avenged and our Orthodox brothers will be liberated from the tyrant Bratyn, Plunderer of Moscow! Death to the hugboxers!

You'll find that Moscow was actually plundered by Lithuania :)

and even threatened Hungary with a full separate peace if be did not abandon me to my fate - as if 10v2 wasnt enough?
Or how Bratyn threatened me to abandon Sweden to its lonesome fate? Or the hugbox on Muscovy, Burgundy, Aragon...

I'm not aware of any member of our alliance threatening Hungary with anything?

Ignoble and disdainful. You've sown the wind - TIME TO REAP THE BYZANTINE WHIRLWIND!

My people don't know how to reap. We're nomads, not farmers.

Transoxiana.png

Emir 'Mîrzâ II Timurid
Herald

We've been told of tales, tales of a behemoth rising to the west of us. An ancient giant awoken, lead by the fiendish Mehmed Osmanoğlu and his kin. The wretched Turks re-claimant of a dead empire, what a crude joke. The ludicrousness of them claiming Roman being rulers over the Gurkani, the very blood of Timur! To betray their very roots from where they came!

So the armies of the Emir departed from Samarkand to show these babbling buffoons that simple words do not make an empire. These fools do not even follow the light of The Prophet, Peace Be Upon Him, in his teachings of Allah. Unfortunately to get to these Turko-Romans we had to deal with the low lives still living in the way of the Steppe, the Kazani people, who have refused their submittance to the true regents of Central Asia. An utmost failure performed by these tribals caused a victory in this war unattainable and our mighty forces had to marsh back home.

We are however, not beaten, we'll just have to fix the problem before we can deal with these weak charade of an Empire directly.

By the blood of Timur, all shall submit!

- 'Mîrzâ II Timurid, Emir of Transoxiana, Foremost among the Gurkani, Rightful heir of Timur, Shah Rukh and Ulugh Beg, Ruler of Samarkand, Custodian of Herat, Plight of the Uzbek and the keeper of the Silk Road.

So when do we see more RP posts? We need more like @Groogy. They really help flavor the game.

Groogy has RP skills us mere mortals lack sadly. I thoroughly endorse viewer-created propaganda truth-bombs though!

I could write posts for all other nations, though they would all be about submission to the Greatness that is the Timur Bloodline.

I could write posts for all other nations, though they would all be about submission to the Greatness that is the Timur Bloodline.
We've always known you're the greatest fanfic writer on the Paradox teams :D

(Sorry, low hanging fruit ^^ Love you and how entertaining you always are!)

You mean sidestep? Wasn't it his first game or something?

Let the man have some fun before he falls victim to a poisoned lunch or goes mad from office politics :p
I don't blame sidestep for allying two strong players in the two most powerful nations west- and eastwards from his location, and I certainly don't blame him for sticking to it when the coalition attacked the Kaiser. The former is self-preservation, the latter is good sport.

But after that last session, Byz would be the strongest current faction just on its own. Johan went from 319 to 741 to 1009 dev in the two sessions, which is approaching twice the development that Trin currently has (567). The way I see it, the position Byz+Hun is in is easily as strong as the Western Triumvirate (who will also have to compete for routes of expansion), and Carsten seems to be at least affiliated to the alliance (he and KJ reallied after the war). Adding StarNaN as a "full" ally to Byzantium would create a powerblock that would completely dwarf any unholy western alliances, and I really don't want to see something like that, especially after only two sessions and right after the rather curbstomp-heavy team setup.

Unrelated: I do appreciate that the Western alliance didn't leave Emil to die, even though I don't think it was in the interest of any of them to go through two HRE punitive wars. Yes, their wars against other players were less than honorable, but I still want to point out the positives, as well. ;)

Unrelated: I do appreciate that the Western alliance didn't leave Emil to die, even though I don't think it was in the interest of any of them to go through two HRE punitive wars. Yes, their wars against other players were less than honorable, but I still want to point out the positives, as well. ;)

Fair point - they could've just left him to die. Maybe I was too harsh on them :)

(still filthy barbarians tho :cool:)

The way I see it, the position Byz+Hun is in is easily as strong as the Western Triumvirate (who will also have to compete for routes of expansion)
Castile will eat Northern Africa, and everyone in the West can colonize. But yes, I agree with the rest, and the fact Byz+Hun is as strong as them.

On this point if they work it right an ally inside the HRE should be boosting expansion since they can declare on targets without drawing in Austria, unfortunately it has stopped Trin progress for now however the punitive wars are over and he still has AI territory to work into so I expect a dev increase coming for him in the next session.

However as the AI countries disappear I expect to see more conflict between players and blocks.

Finally got the time to catch up on the last session: I notice that Byzanturkium's ruler is a "Padisha", I'd like a clarification of what is going on. Has he kept the Ottoman gov't form? Is this a bug? What's going on?

Isn't that just the flavour name for a turkish monarchy of empire rank? Such as some nations having Sultan even if they're not Iqta.

That would make sense. I do think @KaiserJohan is a total fraud if he doesn't change to Greek primary culture. If you can't βασιλεύς, you ain't a real Byzantium.

Rome acknowledges this fact. Given time Greek Culture will overtake Anatolia and the Emperor will be crowned Basileus, not Padishah. The house of Osman will also be wiped from the annals of history.