EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Form Prussia as Austria, obviously XD
I was thinking Italy, but that works. Just be nice to Groogy is all I ask.

Calling Bratyn old guard feels... odd. Or I'm very old, and I remember the clashes before Jake or Da9L even joined Paradox, when it was about Johan, Wiz, Mr Nibbles or Forzaa. With some caster whose name I forgot. :D
I recall the race of Groogy towards Gonder as Aragon, quite the epic one. :D

I'm glad I'm not alone

Calling Bratyn old guard feels... odd. Or I'm very old, and I remember the clashes before Jake or Da9L even joined Paradox, when it was about Johan, Wiz, Mr Nibbles or Forzaa. With some caster whose name I forgot. :D
I recall the race of Groogy towards Gonder as Aragon, quite the epic one. :D

Yeah you're right, Bratyn isn't really the old guard. I really need to watch some of those really old dev clashes.

Last edited:
So an interesting twist is that there will be three winners of this match, could encourage some interesting team ups once the last two victory cards pop. Also with the halved score for losing your starting country that really drives home the emphasis to stay alive. Which does mean Muscovy and Mamlukes are in prime positions to expand into AI, with Lithuania and Ottomans a bit after them since they have more players adjacent to them then the first two but still are on the edge. England also if they take out Scotland and then Ireland can rule the waves and go heavy into colonizing to build up power.

Only pity is this is on while I am working so it will be hard to catch live.

Kind of bummed that Groogy didn't get England. I thought it would have been a perfect time for him to role play this guy....

xfvG2pF.jpg

Time for a bit of....ultra violence. :D

Commentator Bias is something a player must earn.

Seriously, it's the Rule Brittania update and the commentators aren't going to be happy. It's not like it's called Scotia Libertas.

..oh, and "Kill it with fire!" #prussia_op_af, sorry groogs...

I wonder about the impacts about the new mission system, particularly for Ottomans. Will they now start with permanent claims on all of Serbia, Greece, Syria and the Levant, with Mesopotamian claims available if they beat the Mamluks in a single war?

That would seem extremely OP, especially led by a PvE player of KaiserJohan's caliber. Muscovy's starting claims on Novgorod and the minors is a major buff for them, but if Ottomans got the above many of the CoC nations would become unplayable for non-experts. I'm interested to see how the devs handles that.

I wonder about the impacts about the new mission system, particularly for Ottomans. Will they now start with permanent claims on all of Serbia, Greece, Syria and the Levant, with Mesopotamian claims available if they beat the Mamluks in a single war?

That would seem extremely OP, especially led by a PvE player of KaiserJohan's caliber. Muscovy's starting claims on Novgorod and the minors is a major buff for them, but if Ottomans got the above many of the CoC nations would become unplayable for non-experts. I'm interested to see how the devs handles that.

A slight bump in the road is the Ottomans don't start with claims or missions on Byzantium. I need to fabricate claims the good ol' way to declare on them. The permanent claims from missions are awesome but some missions are locked behind more risky adventures (i.e Venetian/Genoan/Cyprus provinces) so I might resort to just fabricating most of the time.

I hope that everyone has a good time, but mostly, i'm happy that scores are nerfed if you die and start again in rotw- i would have preferred sudden death, but a nerf is a nerf, so i look forward to this!

my money's on the newcomers! go new people!

Hey, StarNaN didn't mind my friendship to get first place >_>
Da9L did. Declared a 7-on-1 war and it took you 30 years to win. Shame! :D

Also, I have a feeling the absence of dnote from this stream will not save Byzantium :(

I hope that everyone has a good time, but mostly, i'm happy that scores are nerfed if you die and start again in rotw- i would have preferred sudden death, but a nerf is a nerf, so i look forward to this!

my money's on the newcomers! go new people!

I'm rooting for the new guys too ;)

Interesting that Constantinople is not part of the starting missions for Ottomans. And I do have to wonder which mission is locked behind Cyprus now.

I mean I had assumed that conqueror Egypt is locked behind conqueror Levant. As for conqueror Levant I was curious if a mission can be first in a chain but still be locked at game start until certain conditions are filled, like bordering mamlukes for conqueror levant.

Now I really can't wait to see what the mission trees of major powers are exactly

Before diving in, let us have a moment of recollection... Let us remember the glory and brutality of past days, before the present gets just as good!

q5C7bNZ_d.jpg