EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looking forward to see how the diplomacy evolves in the first few sessions. Containing the Ottomans and the Mamluks, and to a lesser degree Muscovy and Lithuania, for the first few session could make things very interesting.

Last time he did, there were far less players, though. No Brandenburg and no Bohemia iirc, and a very cooperative Poland. That was his second dev clash and first trophy, he won't have the same free space this time.

Despite all the newer participants, there is a lot of the old guard not playing this round. No Da9L, Bratyn or Meneth. I've always had a soft spot for Meneth. Enjoyed the Imse and Starnan plays, and no Wiz ever since he's working on Stellaris.

But enough of the old, looking forward to the new now!

Johan as England and Starnan as Austria.

Feels like a re-run.

But yes I know - they love to play those nations.

Despite all the newer participants, there is a lot of the old guard not playing this round. No Da9L, Bratyn or Meneth. I've always had a soft spot for Meneth. Enjoyed the Imse and Starnan plays, and no Wiz ever since he's working on Stellaris.

But enough of the old, looking forward to the new now!
Calling Bratyn old guard feels... odd. Or I'm very old, and I remember the clashes before Jake or Da9L even joined Paradox, when it was about Johan, Wiz, Mr Nibbles or Forzaa. With some caster whose name I forgot. :D
I recall the race of Groogy towards Gonder as Aragon, quite the epic one. :D

Johan as England and Starnan as Austria.
First thing that I noticed, as well :D

The player map looks pretty crowded, so I'm looking forward to a more exiting start than last round. ;) Lots of new players too - I'm curious if we'll see another dark horse. But the most important question, of course, remains: What will Groogy roleplay as this time? Will we finally see his impression of a good player? :p

I am disappointed by the fact that Bratyn will not play. Too bad about Da9l also.
To add to this: Too bad that Dnote won't be around, either. I was (honestly and without a trace of irony) hoping that he'll have a good game this round, after that the team setup and Katz roleplaying as a backstabber screwed his game pretty badly.

I feel that the most important question about the first few sessions will be how people will treat the Ottokaiser. I'm sure that people are well aware that KaiserJohan has a completely open route to expand eastwards, so I fully expect people to try and throw a wrench into that. Personally, I'm also quite curious about how Iberia will turn out and if Katz will see the light and join the quest for global #Välfärd. I'm definitely rooting for a successful run for you, Zeke! :)