EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Groogy

Fossilized Platypus
140 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Sengoku
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Week0.jpg

It's time to start up the next round of the weekly developer multiplayer clash!
For this season we are going with a bit of an old school game. We are all returning to Europa, no developer only mechanics and play on the bleeding edge of the game.

This time around the winners will be the top three players in score. The Victory cards work normally again. However we will be halving the score of any player that needs to relocate out of Europe to entice people to stay alive for everything that's dear to them.

When?
Every Tuesday at 15:00CET! Starting on Tuesday the 6th of March 2018!

Where can I watch this live?
https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Where can I watch previous streams that I missed?
Either on our Paradox Grand Strategy Youtube Channel, or the Twitch VOD archive.
If you want to see our new stuff we have a new channel dedicated specifically for our Grand Strategy games!
Subscribe to ParadoxExtra Grand Strategy Channel!

eu4 rule britannia dev clash start.png

We have a lot of fresh meat this season! I hope you will enjoy!

PLAYER - COUNTRY
BjornB - Lithuania
Bus - Aragon
Duplo - Bohemia
Fido - Milan
foggmof - Papal States
ForzaA - Sweden
Groogy - Brandenburg
Johan - England
KaiserJohan - Ottomans
Katz - Castile
mikesc - Muscovy
Millenss - Venice
Neondt - Denmark
Nutsoman - Burgundy
r_lazer - Mamluks
rageair - Morocco
Servancour - Holland
Sidestep - Hungary
Sirrebirre - Poland
StarNaN - Austria
TheLetterZ - Portugal
Trin Tragula - France

Last edited:
Eu4 MP, hmm, I think I've heard of this

22 seconds into the video: I don't know who Duplo is, but he's got my vote! :D

Interesting setup, though not really a balanced one.
Johan has shown often enough what he is capable to do with England.
KaiserJohan got lucky with Ottomans once again.
Mamluks and Muscovy have the usual advantage of being on the distant outer sphere.

Can't wait to see how diplomacy will affect the center of Europe though. I'd love to see a StarNaN & Groogy alliance!

Glad to see you guys going back to the OG game. The gimmicky battles were alright but this way of play is much more entertaining.

Rooting for Trin-Senpai as always :D

KaiserJohan - Ottomans
Yeah, this'll be a steamroll unless he gets ganked out of existence in the first 20 years.
Not so sure. He did a very impressive Player vs AI run last time, but he was shaky in his first war against the Ottomans team. Despite superior armies and greater income and numbers, he struggled a lot. Without the Prussian ideas, I'm curious to see if he can do as well. Even if his SP skill should allow him to carve the Middle East and Persia quickly. A bit of a shame there is noone in Qara Qoyunlu, that would have spiced things up. That was probably more interesting for balance that putting 3 players in Italy, or one in Holland.
If I had to chose, I would have removed Milan and Holland and replaced them with Scotland and QQ. QQ+Mamluks could contain the Ottomans, and Scotland could give a real challenge to the formation of GB if they received support from the continent, especially someone with a strong navy (Castile, Portugal, Denmark, France?).

Otherwise... hyped! I waited for a classic Dev Clash for quite a while!

Last edited:
This dev clash has a distinct lack of FREEDOM. Johan needs to make a beeline to the Americas and play as a released Colonial Eastern America. I want to see a USA that stretches to the pacific before 1776.

There's really only four non-colonial nations on the edge who can try to conquer from AIs without player interference: Morocco, Mamluks, Ottomans and Muscovy. Of those, I'd be most worried about Muscovy/Russia and then the Ottomans - I expect that Kaiser Johan will have a significant amount of player interference (starting with StarNaN) if he tries to annex the Middle East and keep going into India, but Poland/Lithuania and Denmark/Sweden are likely to keep each other busy long enough for Muscovy to form Russia and get far enough east that the AIs to the east won't ally any players because of distance, at which point he can just keep plowing east until he hits Ming.

Everyone else is crowded enough together that when they go for an AI there's a good chance that there's a player allying that AI, which is definitely going to make life complicated.

KaiserJohan with Ottos? Oh god...

Rooting for the Groog, LetterZ, and Katz of course. All I'm scared for is that the setup isn't balanced. But it'll be a pretty great clash besides that.