EU4: Ask your questions to be answered on Stream Monday June 8th (new attempt)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please also show what happens to french vassals if England enforces the union on France after the surrender of Maine event.

Doesn’t falling under a PU allow a tag to keep their vassals?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Another thing I have thought about for quite some time;

Being able to make your own pop ups, say you want to declare war when the truce is almost up, you could make a personalized pop up, sort of like a note with a fixed date to fire (and pause).

Could something like this be in the cards in the near future?
Sorry for the messy explanation.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Suggestion: Add ways for us to increase someone else's inflation levels, or pressure them into doing so. That mechanic is largely non-threatening, and at its worst, it's just an Admin drain.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'd also want to know a bit more about governing capacity. Like... if a state has 3 provinces, and I already own 2. I conquer the third one in a war, OK? With the previous system, that wouldn't need an expansion on max states, because they were part of a state I had already partially cored. But now, will that third conquered province within the state mean an expenditure of governing capacity? And also, what's the normal/base minimum of governing capacity countries start with? Does it change according to govt type/rank?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can we see the 2 new Merchant Republic government reforms that were mentioned in the patch notes?

Also, are these government reforms also compatible with the Venetian Government and Veche Republic governments?

• 1Like
Reactions:
You've said right at the beginning that the French super powered vassal swarm will be held in check through methods you weren't willing to share

Upon further clarification we didn't really see anything that would be a counterweight to the extremely powerful bonus relation slots

Are you guys satisfied that +3 dip slots is countered by a small absolutism hit? Does everything seem balanced in the single player game when you watch France? Are their drawbacks other than the small absolutism hit?

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I'm worried France is getting a MASSIVE buff with what appears to be nothing to weaken them at the same time.

After watching a French playthough on Emperor with feedback gaming, I can only agree with this. France seems to have a massive buff with its vassal swarm. There is no opportunity cost associated with many of the new features in Emperor, its like a "press here to get more power" button.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi! I remembered a vert big question I had! Mercenaries will be totally changed, making them companies that you hire for the war period, and you disband later. We won't be able to recruit the same company within 20 years of it being disbanded. Now, the question is, how does that affect companies that are supposed to be permanent, like the Swiss Guard for the Papal States or the Black Army for Hungary? Is the player supposed to disband those mercenary units as well, and rehire them after 20 years? If you don't disband a mercenary unit, like the Swiss Guards that are extremely cheap for maintainance, will its manpower pool replenish over time, or you need to disband them so it fills?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hello, I would like to ask whether it is possible for the Slovak culture to be put into the West Slavic culture group, instead of being in the current Carpathian one? A reason that is given on the forums for cultures being in different groups than in reality is for game balance,but I think that changing the group Slovak is in would not affect Hungary too much due to it being already an accepted culture. Not having Slovak in the West Slavic group is just too strange when you consider the similarity Slovaks have with the Czechs and Poles compared to the Hungarians.

I also want to ask if Albanian can be put into the Byzantine group for the same reason.It makes more sense for them to be in the Byzantine group than in the South Slavic group due to them not having any relation to the South Slavs.

Tldr
1) Can Slovak culture be put into the West Slavic Group?
2) Can Albanian culture be put into the Byzantine Group?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I watched 1.30 streams and thread, and there was thread that who did full HRE reforms at 1484. Main reason is because of 10 IA by making new country into HRE. Doesn’t it have to depends on development or stg else? OPM ragusa and whole Hungary has same IA seems weird.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Are there any plans to give colonialism an overhaul? As the current system is pretty basic right now and could benefit from being redone and redesigned to better reflect the historical situation.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Would you like to congratulate your colleagues in Swedish offices for union recognition and will you commit Paradox Tinto, in the beating heart of the Spanish Republican labour movement, to being a union shop from the start?

• 1Like
Reactions: