EU4 - Art of War - Dev Diary 4 - Army Planner, Rebel Relocation and China

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
PLEASE add an Ainu faction to Hokkaido!
So tired of British/Portuguese/Spanish/Russian colonists taking it over!
From what I know, it was even historically a protectorate of Japan at the time! It apparently even rebelled just a few decades after the start date of EUIV.

It seems from the stream that there is indeed something in Hokkaido.

Customised Naming of Units
One of the things that has irritated me personally as a player, was renaming a unit to some important or representative name (maybe I want an Army of New Spain), and then find that custom name vanish later when I mergieit with a newly recruited unit,. In Art of War, if you have edited the name of a unit, then that is the one that is kept when you merge with other units.
Allvarligt talat det var på tiden...

I haven't been playing for some months but this is one of the best news for me. I am seriously aware of how insignificant this change might seem to many but I've always been abit odd with that haha. Ever since I started with EU3 one of the most important aspects has been custom names. I will buy this expansion only for this if it's what it takes although I think this particular change should be kept to the free changes. I'll prolly buy it anyways but still. :) I presume this encompasses land units (army) as well as navies.

Seriously, transfer occupied provinces too? That have I been wanting ever since I started with EU3! Thanks, who implemented these changes? Kim Il-Sung? Incredible!