• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ImAdrian

Captain
43 Badges
Feb 28, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
I'm curious to know if the devs have made their intentions clear on what will happen to EU4 after the Emperor expansion is released. Will they continue with another expansion, or is there a good chance that this will be the last one before EU5 ?

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's great to hear! I was kinda late to the EU4 party, but I'm glad I joined. I think it has a great foundation that you can build upon, and still feels and looks quite modern. Looking forward to sharing my bank account with you for any future EU related projects :). Seriously, it's one of my more recent steam purchases yet it already has the highest number of hours in my whole library.

• 5Like
Reactions:
my bet, they will announce EU5 after sucessful ck3 launch.
Emperor DLC has release content of eu4 as main ficus (europe) and they did it wih ck2->ck3 similar. One last very big update for release ck2 area, and than the annoucement of eu5.

• 2Like
Reactions:
With the amount of rumours and the potential negative influence in sales (for base game/newcomers) I think it's the obvious choice to debunk it.

Also in retrospective EU4 does not feel finished, as CK2 did. Holy Fury was all I ever wanted, and then came Iron Century cementing it. No matter how well Emporer is, I still think the game needs a few cleanups and addings before it's "finished".

That being said, I'm still routing for EU5 and a lot more dynamic stuff. For example culture not being everything the humanities/cultural sciences have been unanimously saying it's not for the past, well, at least fourty years (static) :oops:

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Not meaning to be rude or anything, but the response is ambiguous so we could get like 1 free patch or 5 more dlc.
It's also quite ambiguous as "we" could mean either him and the current team, despite relocating to Barcelona, or PDX as a whole, meaning he's going to be working on EU5 there.

Reactions:
Not meaning to be rude or anything, but the response is ambiguous so we could get like 1 free patch or 5 more dlc.

I agree, but it is something at least.

It's also quite ambiguous as "we" could mean either him and the current team, despite relocating to Barcelona, or PDX as a whole, meaning he's going to be working on EU5 there.

I mean, I’m not sure I’d really hold that against him. At some point EU4 will feel dated and be bogged down by too much junk accumulated over the years. That might not be next year (or it could be), but it will happen and it would be silly for Paradox to not plan for that day.

Reactions:
Scandinavia, SE Asia, Middle East, sub saharan african still needs mission trees lol
Yes. Please add content to Southeast Asia.

• 2Like
Reactions: