EU4: 1.32.2 Songhai is now LIVE! - checksum [1835] - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Note that every build we plan on releasing needs to be smoke tested to ensure its stability before release, and this takes plenty of time from our testing team. EU4 is a massive game with a ton of features and content, and you'd be surprised about how often making aaaany little changes in game development can cause new (and sometimes more serious) issues.
And that's why most large software projects use CI and automated testing :)

Reactions:
All nations are using European ship models since Origins came out. Could you release a patch to fix this? Someone else reported this problem almost a week before 1.32.2 was released, but it hasn't been fixed. Obviously not the end of the world, but having parts of paid dlcs not showing up in the game is just bad.

Last edited:
And that's why most large software projects use CI and automated testing :)

The devs have said they use substantial hands-off testing, like running observer games, but not every part of this complicated game can be tested that way.

Reactions:
but without forts getting WS is so tedious since the war turns into puss-in-the corner game. for example i have to occupy most mamluk desert provinces to get 92 WS with this. annoying af.
sure, I just wanted to explain the reason it was happening. You posted it was for no reason, which wasn't accurate.

Reactions:
sure, I just wanted to explain the reason it was happening. You posted it was for no reason, which wasn't accurate.
i think AI should do different mechanics for forts or cheat if they have to. right now everyone demolishing forts. for example qara qoyunlu annexed trebizond and demolished its 2 castles because of the fort in trebizond. same after losing wars. right now it is too easy.

i think AI should do different mechanics for forts or cheat if they have to.
I guess your "different mechanics for forts or cheat" means AI should have lower (or zero) fort maintenance cost, and not different mechanics like ability to walk ignoring ZoC's :) I think it can be an acceptable solution. If AI demolishes forts too aggressively it not only loses defensive effect of these forts, but also:
  • gets less army traditions, resulting in worse generals;
  • severely devastated provinces may need centuries to recover.

Reactions:
All nations are using European ship models since Origins came out. Could you release a patch to fix this? Someone else reported this problem almost a week before 1.32.2 was released, but it hasn't been fixed. Obviously not the end of the world, but having parts of paid dlcs not showing up in the game is just bad.
Really? I wanted to do a Korea run, but I guess I'll have to wait for 1.33.

Last edited:
I have all the add-ons and the latest version of the game and experience in 4.5k hr. Developers, you are scammers! Playing as Iceland, England in a defensive war, her lands are occupied, including castles. And what do you think? The troops of England continue to stand in one place until you restart the game. Whatever they shaman, the result is sad! Expensive buggy craft! Oh yes, during the colonization of the Bahamas, when the fish drops for the sixth time, what am I doing? Logging out, deleting the save, and sending all of your leadership to shit! Does anyone know how to sue Paradox?
Имею все дополнения и последнюю версию игры и опыт в 4,5 к часов. Разработчики, вы мошенники! Играю за Исландию, Англия в оборонительной войне, её земли окупируются, в том числе замки. И что вы думайте? Войска Англии продолжают стоять на одном месте, пока не перезагрузишь игру. Что бы ва там не шаманили, итог печален! Дорогая забагованная поделка! Ах, да, при колонизации багамских островов когда в шестой раз выпадает рыба, отгодайте что я делаю? Выхожу из игры, удаляю сохранение и посылаю все ваше руководство на хер! Кто нибудь знает как подать на Парадокс в суд?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Oh yes, during the colonization of the Bahamas, when the fish drops for the sixth time, what am I doing? Logging out, deleting the save, and sending all of your leadership to shit! Does anyone know how to sue Paradox?
Hilarious PDX gamer moment, you get fish as a trade good, you sue the company

Look, we'd all like something other than fish, but this might be a bit extreme don't you think?

Reactions:
Greetings!

Following almost a week of public testing we are now releasing 1.32.2 for everyone!

You can read what the patch contain below. You may also find some updates to how the subscription service behaves in-game. We are continuing experimentation with the subscription to improve the experience for both old and new players, meaning some of you might see some changes over the coming months - for example, we have removed the widget for all players that already own all the DLC

As always, please report any issues in our bug report forum or submit a support ticket. Thank you!

Saves should be compatible between all 1.32.x version although we can never guarantee it! Our tests indicate there are no problems however.

#############################################################
######################## 1.32.2.0 ###########################
#############################################################
###################
# Script
###################
# Achievements
- The achievement "Knights of the Caribbean" will now ask for the entirety of Sardinia.
- The achievement "One nation to rule them all" now correctly checks if your subjects are vassals.
- Fixed a script issue regarding the global unrest for the achievement "This is Fine".
- Fixed an issue which made the achievement "Fugger Banking" impossible.
- The achievement "Prestor John" can now be completed even after forming Aksum as Ethiopia.

# Decisions
- The decision "Build the Third Temple" will be now hidden if you have the event "The Third Temple" open.
- The Mamluks can no longer form Israel.
- Reforming Bulgaria will now update the mission tree.
- Forming Kurland now allows you to be Anglican or Hussite too.
- The "Form Italian Nation" decision will no longer tell you twice that you leave the HRE when you form Italy.
- Forming Somalia will now colonize the provinces Dawa and Ewaso Ngiro.

# Events
- Re-added the Institution message event. This changes everything...
- Added a goto button for the event "Growth of the business of <Province Name>".
- Added a goto button for the event "Stagnation and Drought in <Province Name>".
- Added a goto button for the event "Mysore Revolts!".
- Fixed issues related to the event "Where the Legend Begins".
- Fixed event target issues for the event "Pirate Stronghold in Angoche".
- The event "The Great Mosque of Djenné" now has a goto option.
- The event which end the "Decline of Mali" disaster now gives +100 ADM, +100 DIP and +100 MIL as the +1 Stability was most of the time not needed at this point anymore.
- The event "Isabella of Castille" now has a mean time to happen of 200 months instead of 1000 months.
- The explorer from the event "Unexpected Explorer" is now always a female explorer with 10 Tradition.
- Reformed events will now properly check that the country has the Reformed religion too, and not only the Fervor mechanic.
- Muslim School events will now properly check that the country has a Muslim religion too, and not only the School mechanic.
- Orthodox events will now properly check that the country has the Orthodox religion too, and not only the Patriach Authority mechanic.

# Ideas
- The Plains Native Ideas no longer conflict with the Southeastern Woodlands Ideas.

# Missions
- The mission "Gideon's Revolt" now checks if you actually own the provinces of Semien.
- The mission "Destroy Majapahit" now highlights the Surabaya area even if Majapahit is already dead.
- The Songhain mission "Develop Salt and Cloth" no longer has the awkward custom tooltip in the triggers.
- The modifier "Expansion into the Cape" from the mission "Expand Kilwa" now has a duration of 50 years instead of 30 years.
- The Kilwan mission "Expand Kilwa" can now be completed if the monument in Kilwa has tier 3 too.
- The Songhain mission "Reform the Army" no longer requests you to be ahead in military tech compared to all other countries in the western tech group.
- The Kongolese mission "Unite the Congo Tribes" now counts provinces owned by your subjects too and does no longer request you to have cores on them. This means creating colonies will no longer make the mission impossible.
- The progress for the mission "Temples of Stone" no longer gets reset if you switch your tag.
- The Dithmarscher mission "The Peasants' War" will now properly check for the victory of the Peasants' War.
- The Papal mission "New St. Peter's Basilica" now gives +2 Base Tax to Rome if the monument is already on Tier 3.

# Setup
- The province Zacatecas is now guaranteed to have gold.
- Bunyoro now starts with the Acholi culture as an accepted culture.
- The primary culture of Darfur is now Tunjur.
- Ogaadeen now has cores on the provinces Degehabur and Werder.
- The provinces Korofan, Medwa and Kobbe have now the Tunjur culture.
- The country Geledi has now cores on the Ajuuraan provinces Afgooye, Bardera and Gedo.
- Changed the name of the province Kosti to Waylula.

# Modifiers
- The modifier "The Third Temple is built" now gives normal missionary strength instead of missionary strength against Heretics.
- The modifier "Expansion into the Cape" from Kilwa's mission tree now also increases Global Settler Increase by +25.
- The modifier "Adalan-Ethiopian War" now gives +0.1 Monthly Piety instead +1. Also fixed the tooltip issue with it, showing the wrong number.
- The modifier "Prime Herding Rights" from the privilege now gives +25% Local Manpower Modifier instead of 100%.
- The modifier "Authority Asserted" now increases max absolutism instead of reducing it.
- Fixed an issue where the modifier "Hegemon of Southern Africa" affected the West African culture group instead of the Southern African culture group.
- The modifier "Hegemon of Southern Africa" now gives +33% Sailor Modifier instead of 0.33 Sailors.

# Other
- Added missing dynamic, Greek names for a few provinces.
- Removed the Razing Power Gain modifier from the Buryat Band merc company.
- The estates have now learned to check if you can build manufactories in the first place before giving you the task to build manufactories.
- The estate privilege "Embrace Singular Cult" will no longer add a stability when the regency dies.
- The Malbork Castle Monument now has its garrison size modifier in the correct global modifiers scope.
- The Great Walls of China Monument now has its garrison size modifier in the correct global modifiers scope.
- The Heddal Stave Church Monument now requires the owner to be Christian too in order to have access to its modifiers.
- The estate privilege "Religious Society" now also affects syncretic and harmonized religions.

Previous versions:
Did you change the culture requirement for the -25% culture conversion cost monument from Java to Malay? I. The tool tips it now says Malay rather than Java. Is this intentional? Makes it much more difficult to use this to save diplomatic points as a western power.

Did you change the culture requirement for the -25% culture conversion cost monument from Java to Malay? I. The tool tips it now says Malay rather than Java. Is this intentional? Makes it much more difficult to use this to save diplomatic points as a western power.
It's still Java, I guess Malay is the culture group. But if you accept Javanese which the province has it still works, only the tooltip is wonky.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It actually got easier, because the monument now requires a culture in the "Malay" culture group. And Javanese culture is in that culture group

1596 year. France. There are only three fortresses for the whole big blue drop! Austria has no fortresses at all, because they are primitive and have not researched the required technology! Johan, sit down and fix your mistakes!
1596 год. Франция. На всю большую синию каплю только три крепости! У Австрии вообще нет крепостей, т.к. они примитивы и не исследовали нужную технологию! Йохан, садь и исправь ошибки!
1596年。 フランス。 大きな青いドロップ全体に3つの要塞しかありません! オーストリアには要塞がまったくありません。 彼らは原始的であり、必要な技術を研究していません! ヨハン、座って間違いを直してください!

• 3Haha
Reactions:
1596 year. France. There are only three fortresses for the whole big blue drop! Austria has no fortresses at all, because they are primitive and have not researched the required technology!
Are you talking about the 1596 start date? Later start dates are not really maintained, but I count 15 forts in France and 10 forts in Austria. And Austria is definitely not primitive.

If you played till 1596, the AI might have deleted their forts. But there is no way how Austria can lose the technology to build forts. And turning primitive would require that they somehow change their religion to Maya, Nahuatl or Inti and the only way I see this happening in an unmodded game is if the player vassalized them and forced the religion on them.

Reactions: