EU4: 1.32.1 Opt-In Beta Patch now Available! - Fixing PU AE Issue and more - checksum [702c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I KNEW there was something iffy about how I went from zero AE with every European nation to having e.g. Austria, Aragon and all Italian states form a coalition against me after PUing Naples as Provence ;D

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I appreciate the quick fix to the stupid bonuses of Malta Cartagena and Del Morro. But now what is the point of them now? Would not make more sense for the Moro system of defenses in the Caribbean to give bonuses to all provinces in the Caribbean?
Why would someone pay 8500 ducats to give 10 hostile attrition in front of Cartagena when the enemy can just land in the province next to it?
The bonuses are useless at provincial level. Change it to regional so that it applies to all provinces in Colombia/Caribbean for example

• 2Like
Reactions:
You could always start as Ethiopia and convert to Judaism through rebels, or release Seimen.
Or maybe I want to start playing for the tribe and become a Jewish theocracy with the help of reforms. Maybe I don't like the ideas of Ethiopia, or maybe I want to take Judaism for the Ottomans. In the end, maybe I'm playing for a Ming and I want to harmonize Judaism. There should be variability

Yeah, unfortunately Microsoft and Epic does not support beta patches in the same way Steam does. We can only make full releases there and unfortunately (and contrary to the belief of some) each of our updates needs to undergo testing before it can be releases - which means it can't go fully live just yet :/

This does not mean that we rate you guys on Epic or Microsoft any less. We're so happy that the new platforms allowed for you to discover our games - and we will do our best to ensure that your experience is just as good as that on Steam. Unfortunately there are some things (or knowledge on our part?) that doesn't exist there at this point.

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Unfortunately Epic and MS store doesn’t give us an option to release beta patch
Right now EPIC is selling this game and it doesn't work for days. The "development cost from Army Tradition" error makes this game unplayable. I have the vanilla install and can see the error on any newly created game. You guys released a major patch without doing basic testing. If you played even one game you could have seen it's broken within a hours. Developing territory is fundamental to playing any game and cannot be avoided. So what I want to know is if any of those additional content that EPIC is selling with this game will fix the "development cost from Army Tradition" problem?

Reactions:
Happy with the beta fix although it caused some issues like the AI deleting forts en masse all of a sudden. I would however like to discuss the new AE modifier.

The increase does slow down some tags, but I'm still trying to decide whether it's fair or not as Landshut could truly skyrocket really quickly due to the lack of AE.
There might be other tags that have a harder time. Yet, considering the old situaton where Bavaria starts unitied, it would definately still be a nerf for players starting as 1 of the 3 minor tags being able to form Bavaria with the AE increase. I don't mind England getting a coalition for forcing a union over France (although when they did in history, no one actually did something) but it might now simply be impossible unless you'd have most of Europe under truce.

I think it would be wise to consider to go through each mission tree that rewards subjugation or PU cb's and set a custom AE factor to not break mission trees by using a blunt tool of adjusting AE for every tag by a set modifier. Other tags I would suggest to look at is Savoy, France, Castille, England, Bohemia, Hungary and more as they are both popular tags and have a mission tree that include PU cb's.

As a note; since AE from conquest or any cb's that make you take land has been reduced by 20%, bringing AE back from forcing unions to 1.31. levels would still technically nerf the cb in comparison.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Would it be possible to get some of the 1.31 pillaging and development conscentration back? The new system is lackluster and there is barely anything to pillage or gain for ones capital.

Reactions:
LOL, I KNEW there was something iffy about how I went from zero AE with every European nation to having e.g. Austria, Aragon and all Italian states form a coalition against me after PUing Naples as Provence ;D
It's ridiculous in the case of England - France PU as well but they disagreed with my report. I think AE level in ver 1.31 is much better.

Happy with the beta fix although it caused some issues like the AI deleting forts en masse all of a sudden. I would however like to discuss the new AE modifier.

The increase does slow down some tags, but I'm still trying to decide whether it's fair or not as Landshut could truly skyrocket really quickly due to the lack of AE.
There might be other tags that have a harder time. Yet, considering the old situaton where Bavaria starts unitied, it would definately still be a nerf for players starting as 1 of the 3 minor tags being able to form Bavaria with the AE increase. I don't mind England getting a coalition for forcing a union over France (although when they did in history, no one actually did something) but it might now simply be impossible unless you'd have most of Europe under truce.

I think it would be wise to consider to go through each mission tree that rewards subjugation or PU cb's and set a custom AE factor to not break mission trees by using a blunt tool of adjusting AE for every tag by a set modifier. Other tags I would suggest to look at is Savoy, France, Castille, England, Bohemia, Hungary and more as they are both popular tags and have a mission tree that include PU cb's.

As a note; since AE from conquest or any cb's that make you take land has been reduced by 20%, bringing AE back from forcing unions to 1.31. levels would still technically nerf the cb in comparison.

Forcing the union on France as England in the maine event yields 99AE (up from 49 in 1.31). In my first run a decently large coalition fired which I was unable to win.

In a second run I postponed the union whilst gobbling up Ireland and Brittany, dealt with the war of the roses and stacked reduced AE modifiers (Justified Wars and Royal Line). I got the PU in 1465 for 70AE without having a coalition fire. I should add that during this time my ruled had the Silver Tounge trait, which undoubtedly helped somewhat. I also think the new estate privilage Religious Diplomats helped somewhat in keeping positive opinion with the rest of europe. All in all, it is doable.

I do still prefer going back to the 1.31 levels personally. In any case I think it's bordering on impossible to force the union through the maine event as it is now.

Forcing the union on France as England in the maine event yields 99AE (up from 49 in 1.31). In my first run a decently large coalition fired which I was unable to win.

In a second run I postponed the union whilst gobbling up Ireland and Brittany, dealt with the war of the roses and stacked reduced AE modifiers (Justified Wars and Royal Line). I got the PU in 1465 for 70AE without having a coalition fire. I should add that during this time my ruled had the Silver Tounge trait, which undoubtedly helped somewhat. I also think the new estate privilage Religious Diplomats helped somewhat in keeping positive opinion with the rest of europe. All in all, it is doable.

I do still prefer going back to the 1.31 levels personally. In any case I think it's bordering on impossible to force the union through the maine event as it is now.
In my England run, I played England but sacrifice 80% of France in punitive war. I tried another but wait for 50-year normalization with other nations before attacking others. Besides, you have to suffer dip tech backward to maintain a bulk of allies as well.

While not entirely related, I've always preferred the release Gascony and reconquest route in my England games. Gives you time to get through the War of the Roses, gets you a large chunk of France for low AE and allows you to integrate the land much sooner, and once you establish the PU in your second war, using the mission tree, the HRE is less mad, France is less mad since you incur less AE by forcing the union (while your first batch from the reconquest war already went away), allowing you to get to positive relations sooner and not risk losing the PU because RNGsus decided to call your ruler to heaven a month after you've enforced the union.

Status
Not open for further replies.