EU4: 1.32.1 Opt-In Beta Patch now Available! - Fixing PU AE Issue and more - checksum [702c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- The achievement "Surfing USA" can now be achieved if your country moves the capital to the new world and form the USA manually instead of using a former colonial nation to do so

This still lacks:

OR = {
AND = { is_former_colonial_nation = yes

colonial_parent = {
OR = { tag = HAW tag = MAU tag = OAH tag = KAA tag = UHW } } }

tag = HAW tag = MAU tag = OAH tag = KAA tag = UHW }

So you still can't get the achievement as a United Hawai'i
Yeah, I know of that. Sorry about it, it couldn't get in the beta fast enough.
Will be fixed for the hotfix though

• 5Like
Reactions:
Anyone got an idea what the PU modifier was updated to? It was .1 before Songhai, then .8 after Songhai.

Thanks in advance!
Should be .2 now, I believe.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Fugger banking is not fixed. It only solved half of the problem. Sending more than 40% to 3 great power and not triggering

2021-11-12 10_56_43-Europa Universalis IV.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Finally nothing stands in my Habsburgian way now!

Thanks! <3

• 2Like
Reactions:
Fugger banking is not fixed. It only solved half of the problem. Sending more than 40% to 3 great power and not triggering

View attachment 772961
Got it covered for the hotfix (sorry that it didn't make the cut for the beta)

EDIT: the "tag = UHW" is not really necessary to make the achievement doable. There was so much going on that I thought it was missing in the wrong place @_@

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
- The achievement "Surfing USA" can now be achieved if your country moves the capital to the new world and form the USA manually instead of using a former colonial nation to do so

This still lacks:

OR = {
AND = { is_former_colonial_nation = yes

colonial_parent = {
OR = { tag = HAW tag = MAU tag = OAH tag = KAA tag = UHW } } }

tag = HAW tag = MAU tag = OAH tag = KAA tag = UHW }

So you still can't get the achievement as a United Hawai'i
What you posted is the possible-section of the achievement which is only checked when you start your campaign (unless that changed in 1.32). It does not matter if UHW is in there or not, because you can't start as them anyway. So the whole AND-block with is_former_colonial_nation and colonial_parent is useless. What you do after starting your campaign does not matter for the achievement as long as you are the USA at some point. You can form whichever countries you like in between as long as it does not prevent you from forming the USA (and even if it prevents the USA formation, you can circumvent that by playing as a colonial nation or released vassal).

Yeah, I know of that. Sorry about it, it couldn't get in the beta fast enough.
Will be fixed for the hotfix though
What is the planned fix? To me it seems that the achievement is working now and just has unnecessary conditions in its possible section. debug_achievements seems to confirm that(as long as that console command is used before forming UHW).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is this patch available in Epic Games too?

Unfortunately not - Steam only :(

I guess I should have made that clear in the post. I'm still a bit unused to the fact people actually have other options than Steam these days

• 2Like
Reactions:
Not sure if reported already but it appears that Saruhan's achievement detection may not watch the wording. The "all_subject_country" filter still includes tributaries and colonial nations, yet the achievement description says "vassals". Intuitively it would seem like it needs
Code:
is_subject_of_type = vassal

• 2Like
Reactions:
I just tested England today with this hotfix. Still PU of England - France caused a lot of AE. Almost half of HRE countries joined the Coalition against England. It seems you haven't solved the issue entirely.
In my opinion, you should bring the AE back to Levithan level.

England's economy in this new patch is worse than the Levithan one. I am not sure if you have reduced income's base of all regions in the game or just England.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I just tested England today with this hotfix. Still PU of England - France caused a lot of AE. Almost half of HRE countries joined the Coalition against England. It seems you haven't solved the issue.

England's economy in this new patch is worse than the Levithan one. I am not sure if you have reduced income's base of all regions in the game or just England.
This is WAD. It's supposed to be really high to PU France as England. It makes sense, in real world, no country in Europe would ever allow that PU to happen without strong opposition. It's the same ingame. You'd be way to strong if you could just PU France with no opposition.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just tested England today with this hotfix. Still PU of England - France caused a lot of AE. Almost half of HRE countries joined the Coalition against England. It seems you haven't solved the issue.

This is WAD. It's supposed to be really high to PU France as England. It makes sense, in real world, no country in Europe would ever allow that PU to happen without strong opposition. It's the same ingame. You'd be way to strong if you could just PU France with no opposition.
I felt that it’s appropriate neighbour’s response as you will become one of the most powerful country on the continent, also you can avoid the coalition with strong alliance.

• 16Like
Reactions:
I felt that it’s appropriate neighbour’s response as you will become one of the most powerful country on the continent, also you can avoid the coalition with strong alliance.
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed at first but if you think about it, it makes total sense. Austria PU'ing Bohemia isn't a big deal but England PU'ing France is huge.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.