EU4: 1.31.5 Opt-in Beta UPDATED to 1.31.5.1!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"The United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and Australia are now end game tags."

Australia, of all nations? So they can't form Malacca or Britain, but New Zealand can?
I assume this is specifically so Australia doesn't end up forming Zealandia if by some freak accident it doesn't get the "changed_from_colonial_nation" flag.

Couldn't they have done it like the German regional tags (although I have gripes about that too, but slightly better than EGTs)?

Couldn't they have done it like the German regional tags (although I have gripes about that too, but slightly better than EGTs)?
If you mean "has not formed any German regional nation." in the prerequisites, they do. "has not enacted a colonial nation formation decision before." The problem is that there are edge cases where the tag can appear without the "changed_from_colonial_nation" flag.

If you mean "has not formed any German regional nation." in the prerequisites, they do. "has not enacted a colonial nation formation decision before." The problem is that there are edge cases where the tag can appear without the "changed_from_colonial_nation" flag.
There is no "has not formed any German ..." check that uses flags. The check is "was ever a German regional tag," similar to EGT. Otherwise 1444 Austria who hasn't formed any German tag would be able to form a nonPrussian German tag, which is not true.
Check the decisions game file and compare how they implement colonial tags and german regional tags, and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Keep_trigger from the Monuments is still bugged.
If the conditions are met, the monument level is going to be reduced anyway
If the conditions are not met the game just crashes.

With the Holy City of Jerusalem being turned into a Monument now instead of a triggered modifier, would it perhaps be advisable to alter the Papal and Crusader mission trees to account for that?

The Papal Mission "Levantine Missions" gives Jerusalem a Province Modifier and auto converts it Catholic if it is owned by a Catholic Country at time of completion. Maybe that could also come with a free rank up for the city monument, or giving the owner a temporary modifier making upgrading Monuments much cheaper as a way of showing Papl sponsorship for the reconstruction and re-consecration of Jerusalem.

Maybe do the same for the "Successful Crusade for Jerusalem" event that is triggered by the Crusader "Jerusalem" mission.

At the very least, something to help them out on that front would be nice since this change to a monument is a slight nerf to anyone taking Jerusalem, since before they got a Missionary automatically, while now they need to upgrade the Monument to Tier 3 to receive it. Alternatively, moving the +1 Missionary to Tier 2 might be a good idea since the monument starts at Tier 2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Alright just confirm my ironman save doesn't breaking and I also can get achievement just fine.

Beta's are forever updating/changing so they aren't going to be certain to be ok for achievements between each one - if you want to earn achievements it's best to do it in the most recent stable release, not on a beta.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fix the issue with natives becoming duchies.it's a game killer.
It's not them progressing out of tribal that's the problem, it's a bug from when of the patches where they gain reformprogress at an accelerated rate that causes them to be able to do it so quickly when they normally wouldn't be able to.

Yep they been abusing . number and just add more dots and not updating the current numbers.

Think its because there is no regulation how Paradox games use version numbering.
I wonder if the next update will be 1.31.5.1.1 or 1.31.5.2

Beta's are forever updating/changing so they aren't going to be certain to be ok for achievements between each one - if you want to earn achievements it's best to do it in the most recent stable release, not on a beta.
I'm not that mind about achievement, just fear that my save will break and have to restart.