EU4: 1.31.5 Majapahit is now LIVE! - Checksum [3261] - Not for Problem Reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's in development, sure because we wanted 1.31.5 public release to be a stable one (the whole point of the beta process). I do not have an ETA on 1.31.6 so my answer is unchanged.

Also we're in summer break period now, so no Dev Diaries until September at the earliest.

• 2Like
Reactions:
With Aristocratic not available to republics any more, are you going to change the policy where Aristocratic and Admin give a +0.1 /yr republic tradition. It would be nice if republics have another way to now get that +0.1 increase.

Reactions:
You can also declare on nations that are non OPMs. But in my tests they had to be below 100% warscore. In 1.30, the limit was 200% warscore, but I think in the earlier 1.31 patches there was no limit(or a higher limit).
I did some tests with a fresh start austria and I can confirm that with < 100% warscore, I got the cb for the respective country (in most cases).

Unfortunate that we're releasing an update that significantly degrades late game performance without workarounds.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Unfortunate that we're releasing an update that significantly degrades late game performance without workarounds.
Does 1.31.5 degrade performance compared to 1.31.4? I was under the impression that all the slowdowns were already in 1.31.0 and there are just variations depending on the situation in the save. And 1.31.5 is supposed to remove one source of performance problems, namely the worldwide coalition wars due to placing an heir on a throne for favors

Does 1.31.5 degrade performance compared to 1.31.4? I was under the impression that all the slowdowns were already in 1.31.0 and there are just variations depending on the situation in the save. And 1.31.5 is supposed to remove one source of performance problems, namely the worldwide coalition wars due to placing an heir on a throne for favors
Unfortunately, the blue flag (can make states notification) seems to be much worse... Let me follow up with a video comparing 1.31.4 and 1.31.5.2. Actually, I'll make a new post on this, since I really wish this got more attention.

• 1Like
Reactions:
THanks for the fixes. Did you fix broken provinces near Cambodia? There's few provinces that don;t have right pathing assigned to them.

Reactions:
I love these things, keep it up!

Maybe expand some of the current unit models to cover default Eastern European (like Polotsk?), Middle Eastern, North African (maybe Salé?), Subsaharan and East Asian (maybe Ming?) until we eventually have them re-done like it already happened with Western European units.

Agreed. As someone who, along w/ @IndigoRage helped with the unit models on this beta by testing them. I can tell you (although I might defer to @IndigoRage on this one) that most, if not all of the Eastern European tags should have a unit model, provided you have all content packs. The system is now on a culture based system so there are very few regions that still have generics (Central Africa and the Kongo being the only one off the top of my head).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Agreed. As someone who, along w/ @IndigoRage helped with the unit models on this beta by testing them. I can tell you (although I might defer to @IndigoRage on this one) that most, if not all of the Eastern European tags should have a unit model, provided you have all content packs. The system is now on a culture based system so there are very few regions that still have generics (Central Africa and the Kongo being the only one off the top of my head).
Off the top of my head, because French units only apply from tier 2 onwards due to tier 1 being a HYW pack model, Cyprus uses generic eastern for tier 1. Other than that there is no Eastern European tag that uses generics (for people who own all cosmetic DLC) at all at this point (bar Jerusalem which has the same issue as Cyprus if you form it as the tag intended to form it, the Knights. I think it would be cool if there were some way to force Jerusalem to use Knights units). The Caucasus use Circassian units, Bulgaria uses Romanian, even Karelia uses Novgorodian. Though the specific mention of Pskov has me a little stumped since Pskov already has its own uniques from the Third Rome immersion pack.

Within the past couple days I looked into the Middle East, and while I do think some of the placements are weird (Khorasan uses Afghan units instead of Tabarestan units and Uzbek, Turkmen, and Kazakh default is Timurid units) every single tag is covered to my knowledge. There is also already not a single tag in East Asia that is using generics either. All Chinese culture China releasables use Ming units aside from the Bai group releasables which use Tibetan units. I will say some of the unique models are distributed very widely to the point it feels a bit generic again like Lan Xang units, but there are definitely no more generics. One just has to own the corresponding unit pack. As for Africa: I just looked at every single tag in Africa including a bunch of unicorn event-only tags and every single one of them is also using non-generics aside from the Congo basin and (northern) Great Lakes tags. Salé is also a tag that got its own unit models in the patch it was introduced (Golden Century immersion pack). In the end, the highest concentration of generics in the world is still Europe because the models were delivered so piecemeal over the years. Generic Tier 1s for many French tags, Tier 4s for much of Germany, and full generic still for some tags in the Rhineland, Emilia-Romagna, and in Lower Saxony.

Someone really ought to go through and compile what unit models and packs apply to what regions now that it's all changed though,

Last edited:
Reactions:
Nope. They use Polish units at every tier. Only the cavalry and artillery use generic models.
Perhaps they are meant to, but they don't in current patch (1.31.5, all DLC enabled):

units2.png