EU4: 1.31.5 Majapahit BETA - Now Available for opt-in

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about favors and currying? Will they be reworked as well?

Not that I've heard, but I've not specifically spoken to them about this (Tinto are off at the moment, so cannot ask them).
Honestly they need to just remove the cooldown restriction and properly balance favour gain and costs for those abilities. Just try out a bunch of numbers in tests until it fits. The gains/cost ratio should be balance enough and is a much more elegant solution than arbitrary cooldowns and other measures.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Honestly they need to just remove the cooldown restriction and properly balance favour gain and costs for those abilities. Just try out a bunch of numbers in tests until it fits. The gains/cost ratio should be balance enough and is a much more elegant solution than arbitrary cooldowns and other measures.
I do agree that the favor cool-down period should probably apply per ally, rather than globally. Otherwise, I don’t think having a cool down period is inherently bad. Some balancing is always welcome here.

The bigger bottleneck in actually using the favors, in my opinion, is the target nation actually having enough of the resources you are requesting (namely manpower or ducats). Rarely do my allies have enough of either to spare, and the AI tends to pounce on nations that do. Perhaps the formula for determining the quantity of requested resources should be reworked, allowing for more flexibility in making requests.

At the very least, there needs to be an alert letting you know that you can successfully make a favor request.

• 4Like
Reactions:
What about fixing monument balance? It's all over the place right now, it seems cultural requirements have been reworked, effectively allowing every cultural monument to be accessible to all cultures as long as the monument specific culture is accepted. However when it comes to religions that have access to monuments it's completely ridiculous. Some religions like fetishist have access to 0 monuments exclusive to them, as the few they have can be accessed through cultural acceptance also (Zimbabwe is the exception, but keeping it fetishist allows other religions access to the powerful bonus), meanwhile Muslims as the most extreme example get 4 monuments that are exclusive (Registan Square, Taj Mahal, Djenné Mosque, Kaaba) and 3 (Jerusalem, Alhambra, Hagia Sophia) that are also accessible to Christians besides Muslims, but just Christians and no other religions. That's 7 for Muslims and 0 for Fetishists. Again, this is the most extreme scenario but I don't understand the thought process, as the inevitable result of this strategy is that stronger religions get stronger and weaker religions that already have almost no representation get nerfed even further.

v1.31.5 just exacerbates this problem rather than fixing it by even adding more monuments to Muslims and to a lesser extent Christians. Am I missing something here or what gives?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, sorry for reporting this here, I'm a little lazy lately. There are issues with marriage and personal unions. Previously, if you got married with a nation without heirs, the next one, if no children, would get your dynasty our some other nation married to the heirless nation. In this beta, that doesn't happen, but I'm not sure how frequently and under what conditions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You see it's just that MY vacations are nearly over and I wanted to play before that lol
In that case i think you are out of luck. PDX normally releases on tuesdays (which makes sense) and since we heard nothing yesterday i won't expect any release for the week.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In that case i think you are out of luck. PDX normally releases on tuesdays (which makes sense) and since we heard nothing yesterday i won't expect any release for the week.
so lets hope they will release it next week! they should hurry up a bit...nothing but a broken game since release of Leviathan. We want to play guys....go for it.;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
We are currently debating the addition of the "feudal theocracy" to the Zoroastrian nations in the suggestions part:

Reactions: