EU4: 1.31.5 Majapahit BETA - Now Available for opt-in

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@SaintDaveUK the unit model fixes and changes all sound good, I was wondering, though, if it's intentional that a number of countries (e.g. Spain's level 2 models) are missing their unique unit models for their artillery units still?
Hmm I will investigate why it's not working.

Edit: Yep, the DLC files are still in their 1.31.4 state. I'll see if we can get that fixed.
^ There hasn't been another update to the beta as of yet to fix the 1.31.4 DLC files so model issues aren't actually fixed yet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@SaintDaveUK the unit model fixes and changes all sound good, I was wondering, though, if it's intentional that a number of countries (e.g. Spain's level 2 models) are missing their unique unit models for their artillery units still?
Nope, not working as designed. It's on the long list of things we want to fix.

^ There hasn't been another update to the beta as of yet to fix the 1.31.4 DLC files so model issues aren't actually fixed yet.
Yep, it just seems like our Steam deployment tool had a hiccup when it comes to deploying DLCs. We have a build engineer looking into it right this moment.

Reactions:
I played the entire weekend on this update, and have to say I like the direction it's going. It went very well all in all.

Some things I noticed I liked:
- In national ideas (and probably other places too) it shows if you have a bonus that isn't applicable in grey. For example as Oirat you have +1 legitimacy which isn't used by hordes. It now actually shows that. Great!
- The monuments actually showing their prerequisites.
- The monument mapmode works great.
- Monument rebalances make sense. It's still quite expensive though. Jerusalem could use missionary at lvl 1-2. Currently it's still locked behind a 8500+ ducat paywall. Also, maybe it's just me, but does anyone update a monument and just let it build? I always insta-complete it.

Some random thoughts and bugs: It shows if you have a free policy for something in the UI which is great. But it shows the icon, regardless if it's free or not.

I've also more than in the past noticed that your armies seem stuck in movement where you can't change the orders given. You can force it somewhat by first forcing the army to move to the province it's currently in already and then give new orders. It often happens on war declaration where forts activate, but I've seen it happen on other occasions too. The error message you get is that there no valid path towards the destination. The only possible valid path at that point is the province it's currently leaving. After stopping you can give a new order (and see that there is in fact a valid path).

Armies still seem to stop before reaching there destination sometimes (noticed it less than other times, but it's not gone).

So, still some bugs, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the update.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Love the new ideas for the costum nations.

My last 2 gripes with the game is green Portugal and a tweak to the Portuguese NI. (And choosing naval models for costum nations, maybe associate them with culture?)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've also more than in the past noticed that your armies seem stuck in movement where you can't change the orders given. You can force it somewhat by first forcing the army to move to the province it's currently in already and then give new orders. It often happens on war declaration where forts activate, but I've seen it happen on other occasions too. The error message you get is that there no valid path towards the destination. The only possible valid path at that point is the province it's currently leaving. After stopping you can give a new order (and see that there is in fact a valid path).

Armies still seem to stop before reaching there destination sometimes (noticed it less than other times, but it's not gone).

I most often see that after peace is declared, and the army is assigned to go somewhere it no longer has (war-time provisional) access through. Otherwise the behavior is the same as you describe.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just started playing in 1444 has Brandenburg and i dont think it has the right sprite in the army. I have all the dlcs and content packs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just started playing in 1444 has Brandenburg and i dont think it has the right sprite in the army. I have all the dlcs and content packs.
Dead on. Lots of countries use Prussian units now but Brandenburg only uses Saxon tier 2. You encouraged me to look at other Saxon tags, and they're using Saxon tier 2 but only Thuringia and Saxony are getting Saxon tier 1 or 3.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi there, I'm back after a few testing games on 1.31.5 Majapahit Beta.

@Mordred Viking I don't want to bump up my old bug threads done on 1.31.4 or post clones for 1.31.5 because that would be confusing. I will just post here links of known bugs that are still not addressed in the current 1.31.5 beta patch. So here we go:

Thank you! ;)

Thanks for that. Most of those were already flagged, they're in the system, we're aware just need more time :)

We have a (better) system in place now where I can actually flag progress of reports on the Bug Reports forum, so we can actually show when something has been flagged and put in our internal tracker for action by the developers.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Western tech, euro culture custom nations starting on the new world have primitive building icons on the city view. Building icons (you know those pictures for marketplace ,church, barracks) should be based on culture or tech group not on start location . Pls fix
I mean its not much pics are just cosmetic, i know the spirit of my custom nation, but still if dev can fix this it will enhance game's immersion for me

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Do you think it could be possible to change the triggered modifier "Occupation of Rome" to not affect a unified HRE? There are both an Imperial Incident for the Papacy to join the Empire as well as the Austrian mission "A Roman Empire" that requires Rome to be a part of the Empire and both of these in my humble opinion support the argument for the HRE to not suffer from the triggered modifier.

• 2Like
Reactions: