EU4: 1.31.5 Majapahit BETA - Now Available for opt-in

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Impressive list of fixes and improvement.

• 1Like
Reactions:
"Balanced Galleys so they lose to heavy ships in open seas but get a slight bonus on coasts"

I wish we had some numbers or an explanation of how exactly this was achieved...

• 3Like
Reactions:
"Balanced Galleys so they lose to heavy ships in open seas but get a slight bonus on coasts"

I wish we had some numbers or an explanation of how exactly this was achieved...
The changes are the following:

(i)Galley engagement width back from 0.5 -> 1.

(ii)Galley damage bonus extended in the following way:
Inland Seas: 100%->100%
Coastal Seas: 0%->50%
Open Seas: 0%->0%

If you count half the engagement width as twice the damage output, then the damage of a full engagement width galley fleet changed in the following way with 1.31.5:
Inland Seas: -50%
Coastal Seas: -25%
Open Seas: -50%

But on the other hand you need less galleys to fill the engagement width.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Governing Capacity I think is under continual review- we're aware that there are still issues with that balance.

Regular claims Vs permanents; not sure about the issue there and not yet seen a bug report about it. If there's an ongoing issue, please please please report it.

That's the bug report thread for the claim issue.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Scandinavia can now get the flavor events of Denmark, Sweden and Norway - depending on which nation Scandinavia used to be.
This patch note right here. That's a good note. A really good note. I feel like this note alone improved my attitude towards EUIV by several notches, which is impressive because it's been at rock bottom.

• 2Like
Reactions:
###################
# Gamebalance
###################
# Economy
- Centers of Trade now require 10 development to upgrade to Level 2 and 25 development to Level 3.
Will this have an impact of Lv2/3 centers of trade which exist in the 1444 start that do not meet these prerequisites?
Oh my God!! One with Germany will make it ultimate OP for Multiplayer (especially for high level one). But for Singleplayer prospective, it's really cool. (Scandinavia also can have flavour events)
If you're allowed to form Germany/HRE in a Multiplayer game, you've already won anyway.

Reactions:
This reads very juicy. Some well needed adjustments for trade centers, monuments etc.. Also important new monuments and even a mapmode. Id say were one more patch away before I will recommend the dlc.
This is the difference between games like cyberbug2077 and Eu4. Bugs can be fixed eventually but a game lackluster with features and content may never get there...

Keep up the good work!

If you're allowed to form Germany/HRE in a Multiplayer game, you've already won anyway.
That really depends on the size of your mp group. Playing with 20 people all in europe? Yep. Playing with 4 people all ober the old world? Nope.

Reactions: