EU4: 1.31.4 Majapahit is now LIVE! - Checksum [0f53] - Not for Problem Reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
EDIT// Please note that the 1.31.4 build released is the same as the initial Public Beta Build - we deemed it stable and good enough to go out in its current form and all the bugs you reported are included in the upcoming 1.31.5 beta patch - which we plan to make available as a public beta in a near future //EDIT -BjornB

Greetings!

Following a period of public beta testing - 1.31.4 is now live!

As usual - there might be unforeseen consequences if you load a <= 1.31.3 save in 1.31.4 - so it should be avoided if possible. If you still want to load an old save - make sure to create a backup if possible. You can also finish off your ongoing save in the previous version before updating. For instructions on how to revert to a previous version, please go here!

And as always, please report any issues in our bug report forum or submit a support ticket. Thank you!

###################
# Gamebalance
###################
# Other
- Should a foreign country become the Emperor of the HRE then all of their European provinces, which have a connection to their capital, will be added to the Empire.
###################
# Interface
###################
# Tooltips
- Add new line to "Proclaim Erbkaisertum" tooltip explaining that it removes vassal princes from the diplomatic relations of the emperor.
- Fixed Piracy in Palembang tooltip containing wrong ruler name.
- Fixed issue where tactics difference would be displayed incorrectly in siege phase tooltip.# Other
- Added new icon for "Missionary Strength against Heathen".
###################
# Script
###################
# Decisions
- Forming Malaya will now ask the player if they want to update their ideas.
- The decision "Flee to Brazil" will now properly set your capital to Brazil - regardless if it was in Europe or elsewhere on the world before.# Events
- The event "The Completion of Borobudur" has now additional modifiers of its Mean-Time-To-Happen, which will drastically increase the chance for that event to happen for Sunda and Majapahit.
- The event "The Completion of Borobudur" triggers for Sunda only when they have fulfilled the mission "Restore Borobudur".# Ideas
- The Samoan Idea "Fa's Samoa" now grants you +10% Governing Capacity instead of the +5% Administrative Efficiency.# Missions
- Adjusted some mission icons for the Indonesian Mission Tree.
- Fixed issue with Palembang having duplicated missions.
- The Ayutthayan mission "Royal Absolutism" will now ask the player if they want to update their ideas while switching to Siam.
- The Maori mission "Centralize the Realm" gives now monarch points if you are no longer tribal instead of trying to enact the Polynesian Kingdom.
- The Maori mission "Loyal Subjects" will no longer require that all estates have less than 10 influence. Instead, it will now require that every estate has less 40 influence and a loyalty of 65 or higher.
- The Maori mission "Own a Center of Trade" will now upgrade only ONE of your Centers of Trade instead of every single one.
- The Maori mission "Riri Wars" will give you now +100 ADM power and 0.15 years of Manpower if there is no rival left for getting a CB against.
- The Maori mission "Expand the Trade Routes"'s requirement is now consistent with itself, meaning the amount of trade buildings you need to have is always 3 or 2 with 20 light ships.
- The Maori mission "Gain Mana"'s requirement has been nerfed to having 1 stability down from 3.
###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- All province modifiers, which are granted by estate privileges, will now properly affect provinces, which weren't owned by the country at the point when the privilege got enacted (for example: newly conquered Christian provinces will now be affected by the Dhimni privilege if active).
- Fixed issue with custom nations overriding others in MP.
- Declare War interface no longer falsely suggests that Emperor's allies are called to war.
- The define_heir effect can now allow random higher stats than given if fixed = yes isn't specified.
- Non-active countries now have their revolutions crushed just like everyone else so they don't pop back up as revolutionary if released later on.
- Majapahit and Khmer national disasters will now trigger as expected.
- Fixed the monarch names of Fars.
- Can now stop building spy network via diplo menu of a country whom you took the capital of.
- Fixed issue with not being able to speed up progress on monuments construction after continuing save.
- Changing displayed Unit Type or Technology Tier does not close Sprite Pack list in Nation Designer.
- Conquering a province with a monument under construction now cancels construction.
- Fixed a CTD related to AI disbanding mercenaries.
- Fixed a CTD when tooltipping siege in outliner.
- Fleet basing rights are now granted automatically by war allies.
- Fixed issue where "Left the Empire" would not tick down over time.
- Fixed issue for subjects not fabricate claims.
- Last federation advancement now inherits properly without auto-settling, and gives all tribal land correctly.
- Various issues with CBs and war goals fixed.
- Fixed OOS related to leader initialization.
- Fixed OOS related to naval modifiers.
- Fixed issue where a hotjoin request would be duplicated if player cancels hotjoin and request it again.
- Fixed some issues related to monument events.
- Fixed a CTD in eventwindow related to selecting an event picture to display.
- Fixed an issue for pending events not loading property if they do not have an end date set.
- Fixed an issue for events not showing up when playing coop in MP.
- Fixed a CTD related to building spy networks.

Older changelogs for 1.31.x

Last edited:
  • 63Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hi, is this ghost tribal land bug on the radar to be fixed in the next patch as it is blocking our total conversion mod's release

tldr; if I annex a country that has Tribal Land, their Tribal Land persists and noone else can claim it. Ideally once a country ceases to exist all their Tribal Land should disappear

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Really not sure how I feel about the HRE emperor being added to the empire, Doesn't really make sense historically, but if it's for balancing purposes I guess it's alright, it rarely happens anyway

• 1Like
Reactions:
Greetings!

Following a period of public beta testing - 1.31.4 is now live!

As usual - there might be unforeseen consequences if you load a <= 1.31.3 save in 1.31.4 - so it should be avoided if possible. If you still want to load an old save - make sure to create a backup if possible. You can also finish off your ongoing save in the previous version before updating. For instructions on how to revert to a previous version, please go here!

And as always, please report any issues in our bug report forum or submit a support ticket. Thank you!

###################
# Gamebalance
###################
# Other
- Should a foreign country become the Emperor of the HRE then all of their European provinces, which have a connection to their capital, will be added to the Empire.
###################
# Interface
###################
# Tooltips
- Add new line to "Proclaim Erbkaisertum" tooltip explaining that it removes vassal princes from the diplomatic relations of the emperor.
- Fixed Piracy in Palembang tooltip containing wrong ruler name.
- Fixed issue where tactics difference would be displayed incorrectly in siege phase tooltip.# Other
- Added new icon for "Missionary Strength against Heathen".
###################
# Script
###################
# Decisions
- Forming Malaya will now ask the player if they want to update their ideas.
- The decision "Flee to Brazil" will now properly set your capital to Brazil - regardless if it was in Europe or elsewhere on the world before.# Events
- The event "The Completion of Borobudur" has now additional modifiers of its Mean-Time-To-Happen, which will drastically increase the chance for that event to happen for Sunda and Majapahit.
- The event "The Completion of Borobudur" triggers for Sunda only when they have fulfilled the mission "Restore Borobudur".# Ideas
- The Samoan Idea "Fa's Samoa" now grants you +10% Governing Capacity instead of the +5% Administrative Efficiency.# Missions
- Adjusted some mission icons for the Indonesian Mission Tree.
- Fixed issue with Palembang having duplicated missions.
- The Ayutthayan mission "Royal Absolutism" will now ask the player if they want to update their ideas while switching to Siam.
- The Maori mission "Centralize the Realm" gives now monarch points if you are no longer tribal instead of trying to enact the Polynesian Kingdom.
- The Maori mission "Loyal Subjects" will no longer require that all estates have less than 10 influence. Instead, it will now require that every estate has less 40 influence and a loyalty of 65 or higher.
- The Maori mission "Own a Center of Trade" will now upgrade only ONE of your Centers of Trade instead of every single one.
- The Maori mission "Riri Wars" will give you now +100 ADM power and 0.15 years of Manpower if there is no rival left for getting a CB against.
- The Maori mission "Expand the Trade Routes"'s requirement is now consistent with itself, meaning the amount of trade buildings you need to have is always 3 or 2 with 20 light ships.
- The Maori mission "Gain Mana"'s requirement has been nerfed to having 1 stability down from 3.
###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- All province modifiers, which are granted by estate privileges, will now properly affect provinces, which weren't owned by the country at the point when the privilege got enacted (for example: newly conquered Christian provinces will now be affected by the Dhimni privilege if active).
- Fixed issue with custom nations overriding others in MP.
- Declare War interface no longer falsely suggests that Emperor's allies are called to war.
- The define_heir effect can now allow random higher stats than given if fixed = yes isn't specified.
- Non-active countries now have their revolutions crushed just like everyone else so they don't pop back up as revolutionary if released later on.
- Majapahit and Khmer national disasters will now trigger as expected.
- Fixed the monarch names of Fars.
- Can now stop building spy network via diplo menu of a country whom you took the capital of.
- Fixed issue with not being able to speed up progress on monuments construction after continuing save.
- Changing displayed Unit Type or Technology Tier does not close Sprite Pack list in Nation Designer.
- Conquering a province with a monument under construction now cancels construction.
- Fixed a CTD related to AI disbanding mercenaries.
- Fixed a CTD when tooltipping siege in outliner.
- Fleet basing rights are now granted automatically by war allies.
- Fixed issue where "Left the Empire" would not tick down over time.
- Fixed issue for subjects not fabricate claims.
- Last federation advancement now inherits properly without auto-settling, and gives all tribal land correctly.
- Various issues with CBs and war goals fixed.
- Fixed OOS related to leader initialization.
- Fixed OOS related to naval modifiers.
- Fixed issue where a hotjoin request would be duplicated if player cancels hotjoin and request it again.
- Fixed some issues related to monument events.
- Fixed a CTD in eventwindow related to selecting an event picture to display.
- Fixed an issue for pending events not loading property if they do not have an end date set.
- Fixed an issue for events not showing up when playing coop in MP.
- Fixed a CTD related to building spy networks.

Older changelogs for 1.31.x
I didn't see a fix to the aggressive expansion glitches, like the Expand Empire CB generating 500% more AE than it should.... Austria or the HRE emperor is still unplayable.

Is this being investigated or did I miss the patch note?

• 12Like
Reactions:
Since it's not in the patch notes, I take it the bug that makes your vassals act disloyal even though they're not when you're a tributary yourself isn't fixed yet? :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good patch, already played the open beta and noticed many improvements.

Just one observation I made is that it seems like there were no changes from the initial 1.31.4 open beta from two weeks ago to the 1.31.4 version that went live today. Did code freeze prevent you from acting on any of the bug reports/feedback made during the open beta and they'll be considered for 1.31.5 instead or was there nothing significant enough that needed to be fixed?
If there was nothing found that needed to be fixed, why was the Child of Surya event nerfed compared to 1.30.6? Didn't find anything in any patch notes since 1.31.0 regarding it so I assume it was an unintended change, I reported it the day the 1.31.4 open beta started if anyone wants additional details: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ild-of-surya-is-still-fixed-to-4-4-4.1474884/

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wait, is there anything different from the open beta? You're telling me I waited around all this time without playing, waiting for the patch to leave beta, only to have the same version?

• 7Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Does this fix the bug where my diplomats are supposedly building a spy network, but don’t actually grow the spy network and can’t be recalled via diplo menu? Because having to play ottomans with only one diplomat was pretty annoying, won’t lie

• 1Like
Reactions:
I didn't see a fix to the aggressive expansion glitches, like the Expand Empire CB generating 500% more AE than it should.... Austria or the HRE emperor is still unplayable.

Is this being investigated or did I miss the patch note?

It *could* be part of "- Various issues with CBs and war goals fixed."

Someone willing to check it? :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
I might. I takes a minute to get the reforms done to the point it's possible to test. And I'm worried that without a definitive answer I might be wasting my time

Well, it is still a great amount of countries. But at least the numbers are ok.

1622720004343.png

My god, this forum and images.

• 1Like
Reactions:
They managed to trash the trust in them. I honestly hope that next half-finished half-baked dlc crashes and burns..

I hope that in next patch they address player lead native's having easily more development than major powers in Europe.. Doesn't make any sense what so ever..

• 8Like
Reactions: