• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If Paradox did not care about its customers, then why would they let @Rounoush's comment remain in view on Paradox's own discussion board?

They do read the boards and they do censor comments (I should know), but not comments like that.

Give Paradox some credit. You don't have to like their games (though I do), but making and maintaining these games cannot be as easy as it looks. Sometimes bugs that look trivial to fix (a) aren't, or (b) are not believed by the developers to be bugs.

Paradox lets one play an old version if one is dissatisfied with the new. This is a concession on their part.

Personally, I would recommend buying the DLCs.

Except that modders have fixed some of these issues easily and paradox could even copy the code if the wanted to.

Incidentally, I literally posted in the bug forum the code to fix poland keeping their elective monarchy reform after being PUed but it wasnt included in 1.30.4.

• 5Like
Reactions:
4hjj0y.jpg

• 9Like
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
Why do the troop counts on my stacks look so terrible now? I can hardly make out the 17.8K figure....

Jesus Christ I spent 6 months away from this game, I skipped Emporer as I knew it would be trash, and what do I came back to?

A game spoiled in a whole new way, the troops count used to be crystal clear at any res I played at, scrolled in and out now it lools awful.

:rolleyes:

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've tried about 8 different settings they are all terrible. Do you know what the original setting is?
The default setting for the "Gui Scale (Test)" option is 1.0

Reactions:
It's been this was since the company unionized.
Their communication (and their bug fixing) has been pretty variable for quite some time and I think the correlation you are trying to highlight is entirely coincidental.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Their communication (and their bug fixing) has been pretty variable for quite some time and I think the correlation you are trying to highlight is entirely coincidental.
At base being from the EU4 community I tend to disagree with you. It's been a long time like that in here. That's how I ended up getting the full CK2, I had enough of them, at least this is the final product I can enjoy, I will get back to EU4 when it's done, plenty to do until then.

Their track record is terrible.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Except that modders have fixed some of these issues easily and paradox could even copy the code if the wanted to.

Incidentally, I literally posted in the bug forum the code to fix poland keeping their elective monarchy reform after being PUed but it wasnt included in 1.30.4.
I'm pretty sure Microsoft throws in random bits of code sourced from who-knows-where, which explains why their software is an insecure buggy bloated mess.

Reactions:
Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Was about to buy some EU4 DLC but not anymore. Get it together, Paradox.
I wouldn't place too much reliance on the dramatic complaints in this thread. Some people just love a bit of drama.
I've loved EU since 20 years ago, the EU4 DLCs that I have are fine.
I haven't tried v1.30 yet, but that's mainly because I need to finish off a game I started in 1.29, but it should be clear to all players that just because Paradox provides an update you don't have to actually start using it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
We should start a betting pool on when the next 1.30 patch will be released. It's been over 2 months now, which seems pretty consistent with their release of 1.30.4 which took 2 months to hit the release branch. They are hopefully spending this time working on EU5, instead of going on another holiday.

• 2Like
Reactions:
20 dev diaries, not one about these problems.
Not one about the Emperor mess, not one about promises like UI scaling or tech debt reduction.
They try to explain to us that they have understood the Golden century mess, but not a word about Emperor.

So that's it, the devs will just add content over content, mechanics over mechanics, and hope for the game to handle at least a few of these.
It's a sad end for this game...

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Good lord, is this really so low priority or difficult to fix? Paradox, please, spare us the features or mechanics for a couple months! I'd been wondering why my favourite game has felt so strange in the last few months.. It's been years and I still play EU4, closing in on 6k hours, and right now the game feels almost broken in single player. Even though I always play on hard to try to help the AI, all I see is endless debt, broken or buggy new features, and countless mechanical problems. This reminds me of how it took like a year to get non-colonial naval invasions working properly after it broke.

I was so excited for the new DLC too, but it never changes. There's no appeal to playing when all of my allies are too in debt to fight, the HRE looks like it suffers from rebel measles, and I'm the only one who devs good land, builds economic buildings appropriately, etc.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Good lord, is this really so low priority or difficult to fix? Paradox, please, spare us the features or mechanics for a couple months! I'd been wondering why my favourite game has felt so strange in the last few months.. It's been years and I still play EU4, closing in on 6k hours, and right now the game feels almost broken in single player. Even though I always play on hard to try to help the AI, all I see is endless debt, broken or buggy new features, and countless mechanical problems. This reminds me of how it took like a year to get non-colonial naval invasions working properly after it broke.

I was so excited for the new DLC too, but it never changes. There's no appeal to playing when all of my allies are too in debt to fight, the HRE looks like it suffers from rebel measles, and I'm the only one who devs good land, builds economic buildings appropriately, etc.
"I put 5k hours in EU4 and all I got was broken DLC"
This is a guy with a mission :)

closing in on 6k hours
Funny how things didn't change along your last 1k hours :rolleyes:

• 1Like
Reactions: