EU4: 1.28.2 Hotfix Patch is now live! (checksum d9f4) - Not for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
1_8_2_hotfix.jpg

We've released the 1.28.2 Hotfix patch that's been in beta testing for a few days. It should now be downloading for everyone. If you opted in to the beta patch, you should automatically be moved to the release version of the game.

Information on how to revert/keep your game on a previous version can be found here!

- Terrain penalties to local development cost are back in. No more free real estate!
- Playing as a pirate nation will not block achievements anymore
- Apply Envoy travel time to colonists travel time
- Fixed CTD in transfer occupation check
- Fixed manage mod button in Content View not working
- Fixed mods disabled when not starting game via launcher (e.g. via back to menu button)
- Fixed possible CTD in trade node view
- Magdalena province is in the Panama trade node.
- Added missing icon for Trade Company Investment Cost modifier
- Fixed four Spanish Missions so that they move the colonial subject's capital rather than resetting Castille/Spain's to the default value (Toledo/Madrid).
- Fixed not being able to attack natives in new uncolonized provinces
- Fixed rare rebel suppression tooltip CTD after losing provinces
- Moved Macaronesia area (which includes Tenerife) to Maghreb region, resolving various inconveniences related to the Iberia region
- Mulitplayer - Fixed all players becoming pirates when a player chose to become a pirate nation through event
- Mulitplayer - Fixed player leaving team after becoming pirate nation through event
- Added missing icon for Trade Company Investment Cost modifier
- Event pirates.7 now accurately targets Tortuga instead of Jamaica.
- Pirate republic events should now check that the nation they spawn from have more than one province.

EDIT: Late addition
- Attempted fix for looping combat and barrage sound effects

KNOWN ISSUES:
- When expelling a large amount of minorities with different religions and cultures you might encounter a fail to load the save. If you are not playing in Ironman, you can edit the save to fix this issue: Remove anything between the braces after all occurrences of "expelled_different_minorities" .
- We have discovered an annoying issue in multiplayer, where if a player tag switch to a pirate nation, the host is switched instead. More information here.

See the 1.28 changelog here!
The 1.28.1 change can be found here!

Please post any bugs you discover in the bug report forum, NOT in this thread. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
What about territories-holding corruption penalty in trade company province? Anyone?

DDRJake said in today's dev diary that they aren't changing it and that is working as designed and intended. Take that as you will. There is a mod on the Steam Workshop that disables corruption for territory.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What about territories-holding corruption penalty in trade company province? Anyone?
The new conversion change is enough.
Which can be reworked to reduce missionary strength on autonomy instead of an uber exponential cost.
30 dev at 100% autonomy is 900 ducats per month.

And 6 dev in 2 states next to your capital giving corruption is retarded.
If they made it based on distance like every other game at least it would make sense.

It's sad how as every DLC comes out you have to take some good with a lot of bad. Paradox is just making it a lot more complicated to get WC and for a game that is mainly for single player, it is a just really annoying that every patch just makes it that much harder to have fun and have some degree of autonomy as to how you want to play a game. Even as the complete ruler of whatever country you choose, now you can't even move your capital to a different continent without sacrificing a lot of things. The beauty of this game was finding creative ways to take over the world, but apparently those ways are just exploits. Paradox should realize that in we are just trying to enjoy this game, and that it becomes harder to do so by them placing unnecessary hurtles when it comes to expansion. After 50 hours or so in the last week, I couldn't even consider converting provinces...

It's sad how as every DLC comes out you have to take some good with a lot of bad. Paradox is just making it a lot more complicated to get WC and for a game that is mainly for single player, it is a just really annoying that every patch just makes it that much harder to have fun and have some degree of autonomy as to how you want to play a game. Even as the complete ruler of whatever country you choose, now you can't even move your capital to a different continent without sacrificing a lot of things. The beauty of this game was finding creative ways to take over the world, but apparently those ways are just exploits. Paradox should realize that in we are just trying to enjoy this game, and that it becomes harder to do so by them placing unnecessary hurtles when it comes to expansion. After 50 hours or so in the last week, I couldn't even consider converting provinces...

My version of fun is that if I want to conquer the world it should be brutally difficult and require hard choices. I might have a different opinion though if I was a newer player or intended a World Conquest on every play through. I'm afraid that in the base game there is no real way for Paradox to satisfy either camp completely, most major changes will either be seen as an impediment to WC for the conquering crowd or as more realistic to the people who want a more accurate "simulation". The inevitable answer from both sides about the other side is "that's what mods are for". Paradox goes down a middle path which is bound to annoy both sides but not as much as if they were to go extremely one way or another.

Description
Vasco da Gama event still broken

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
As of some 1.27 patch the event "Vasco da Gama in India" (flavor_por.11) is broken. The patchnotes read
- Event option to cede Goa to Portugal will no longer be available if a player owns Goa
but the actual effect is the exact opposite, it should either be human = no or ai = yes to allow the option to cede the province.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Fire the event "Vasco da Gama in India" and be disappointed that you can't take Goa from the AI but only if it was owned by a player.

Upload Attachment

Still no fixes for the Vasco da Gama event? :(

I still see nothing for an update to the Hellenic Faith, you make me sad Paradox, you make me sad.

DDRJake said in today's dev diary that they aren't changing it and that is working as designed and intended. Take that as you will. There is a mod on the Steam Workshop that disables corruption for territory.
I have no issue with territories-holding corruption, yet they do said and I quote
  • Trade Company provinces do not count towards corruption due to having too many territories.
which is fairly true in 1.27.2, but not now. Weird.