• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I have been fiddling around, as I wasn't sure what I did or didn't do that others who got this utility to work did (or didn't... hmm) do.

First an observation:

When I run the batchfile, there are TWO dos boxes that pop up. One of them holds the 'press any key to continue' text, the other just sits there. the first time I used the util, I pressed a key instantly - then the popup came where to select the vanilla/HTTT and so on.

Now I waited patiently - the second DOS popup that appears to just sit there eventually went away on its own. THEN I pressed a key and continued.

Beats me if that did anything, but just noticing stuff.

Loading the new Vicky game that showed up. As advertised, I started with an insignificant nation (Switserland as it turned out). Weird thing was, the Swiss had a literacy score of -3600% - beats me how they managed that.

Regardless of the Swiss ability to read properly, I saved after two days, then departed the Alps to load, this time changing my nation to Spain.

Upon loading Spain, there was not a single military unit on the map. No ships, no armies - nothing. Also, not a single factory.

Not entirely sure what the use is of starting as an insignificant minor, then loading the nations I really wanted, I skipped that step.

So, I started immediately in the game created through the utility as Spain. Lo and behold: all my ships, all my troops were there. Granted, a LOT of them were in really weird locations, but I at least got them, and with an empire the size of what I ended EU3 with, I need every able bodied man to keep the natives from rebelling (they do anyway - ingrates).

Still no factories. Now, as I checked my budget, I figured that maybe the AI (when running Spain for two days while I was being Swiss) decided that 100 Man-o-Wars and 200 Frigates plus 400+ divisions were too much, compared that to what other nations had and quickly disbaned the lot of them to balance the budget? I don't know how the AI decides things, but it felt like the only viable conclusion barring better info.

Now, glad that I had my vaunted navy and army back, I still was annoyed to not have a single factory.
I also was a little surprised to see a huge imbalance in my biudget whereas at the end of EU3 I could manage without trouble. Maybe there should be a better transef of the econmy between the two games, I mused as I was about to leave - no factories felt like I was at a serious disadvantage. But to my surprise I got 44 factories on day 6...

Happy to see that my economy now turned much more healthy and I still had my military AND with the increased production capability I could easily balance the budget through exporting, I went on to continue.

It had been a while since I played Vick:R so I made a few mistakes and restarted from the beginning. Then I noticed a few weird things:

1) The amount and division of armies and fleets is apparently somewhat random. the first time around I got 182 cavalry and 241 infantry, the second time I got 197 cavalry and 252 infantry.
Same with ships - the composition of my fleet was different.

2) Locations are also somewhat random. A few units were in different provinces on the restart. There were also about 25 ships in a 'No province' location. I could select them through the overview but could not order them around or actually see them on the map. Ended up disbanding them.

3) Types and amount of factories also appear to be random. First time around I got two small arms factories and four machine parts factories, second time around no small arms and one machineparts.

Now, I don't mind this, but it struck me as weird - should the conversion not try and convert according to a set system of routines in which randomness has no place?

Last question for now - I now do not use the step in the conversion where you first play a few days as a minor nation, then save and load as your preferred nation. I just start as preferred nation right from the bat. What does the 'start as minor then swicth' actually accomplish - what am I missing by NOT doing as instructed?

When I run the batchfile, there are TWO dos boxes that pop up. One of them holds the 'press any key to continue' text, the other just sits there. the first time I used the util, I pressed a key instantly - then the popup came where to select the vanilla/HTTT and so on.

Now I waited patiently - the second DOS popup that appears to just sit there eventually went away on its own. THEN I pressed a key and continued.

Beats me if that did anything, but just noticing stuff.
It is best to wait until the second dos popup dissapears, its purpose is to convert the format of the savegame from the HTTT format to the IN format which the converter can recognise.

Loading the new Vicky game that showed up. As advertised, I started with an insignificant nation (Switserland as it turned out). Weird thing was, the Swiss had a literacy score of -3600% - beats me how they managed that.

Regardless of the Swiss ability to read properly, I saved after two days, then departed the Alps to load, this time changing my nation to Spain.
Not entirely sure what the use is of starting as an insignificant minor, then loading the nations I really wanted, I skipped that step.
Last question for now - I now do not use the step in the conversion where you first play a few days as a minor nation, then save and load as your preferred nation. I just start as preferred nation right from the bat. What does the 'start as minor then swicth' actually accomplish - what am I missing by NOT doing as instructed?
The purpose of loading as an insignificant nation is because whichever nation the player is controlling on day 1, events will cause their literacy to decrease to negative numbers and their government to change randomly. If you play as your desired nation from day 1, they will likely have negative literacy and a random government type.

Upon loading Spain, there was not a single military unit on the map. No ships, no armies - nothing. Also, not a single factory.

So, I started immediately in the game created through the utility as Spain. Lo and behold: all my ships, all my troops were there. Granted, a LOT of them were in really weird locations, but I at least got them, and with an empire the size of what I ended EU3 with, I need every able bodied man to keep the natives from rebelling (they do anyway - ingrates).
Still no factories. Now, as I checked my budget, I figured that maybe the AI (when running Spain for two days while I was being Swiss) decided that 100 Man-o-Wars and 200 Frigates plus 400+ divisions were too much, compared that to what other nations had and quickly disbaned the lot of them to balance the budget? I don't know how the AI decides things, but it felt like the only viable conclusion barring better info.
Not sure why this is happening and why it is different depending on which nation you start as. Your guess about AI disbanding may be correct but I have not experienced it myself in the many game I have converted. Not Working as Designed.

Now, glad that I had my vaunted navy and army back, I still was annoyed to not have a single factory.
I also was a little surprised to see a huge imbalance in my biudget whereas at the end of EU3 I could manage without trouble. Maybe there should be a better transef of the econmy between the two games, I mused as I was about to leave - no factories felt like I was at a serious disadvantage. But to my surprise I got 44 factories on day 6...

Happy to see that my economy now turned much more healthy and I still had my military AND with the increased production capability I could easily balance the budget through exporting, I went on to continue.

It had been a while since I played Vick:R so I made a few mistakes and restarted from the beginning. Then I noticed a few weird things:

1) The amount and division of armies and fleets is apparently somewhat random. the first time around I got 182 cavalry and 241 infantry, the second time I got 197 cavalry and 252 infantry.
Same with ships - the composition of my fleet was different.
Working as Designed.

2) Locations are also somewhat random. A few units were in different provinces on the restart. There were also about 25 ships in a 'No province' location. I could select them through the overview but could not order them around or actually see them on the map. Ended up disbanding them.
I will look into this.

3) Types and amount of factories also appear to be random. First time around I got two small arms factories and four machine parts factories, second time around no small arms and one machineparts.

Now, I don't mind this, but it struck me as weird - should the conversion not try and convert according to a set system of routines in which randomness has no place?
Working as Designed.

Do you have got a Java Runtime Environment installed?
Once you have, or if you already have, you need to do the following to change the file association (assuming you are using windows xp, it is probably similar in vista/7):
Right-click the .jar file
-- Open With
-- -- Select Program
-- -- -- Java(TM) Platform SE Binary
Make sure the "Always use this program ..." checkbox is selected and click OK.

Once you have done this try the converter again from scratch.

Additionally, if you are using Vista or 7, make sure you are using an administrator account or have UAC off.

I have the same Probs like Chicken. I follow your steps but it doesn't work for me. Can you please help me?

@Kalelovil: Much obliged.

Now, I am uncertain if my next question is supposed to be in thsi thread or in the 'normal' Victoria threads, because I dunno if it is the consequence of the converter application.

I have been playing for a while now (approaching 1890) when all of a sudden something hit me: there is no rubber anywhere. Not a single province produces the raw material much needed in automobile, tank and airplane production (which should be possible in 15 years or so).

Is this a mere silly coincidence from the randomising proces that determines which province produces what?

Ye gods, this is going to put my war efforts on serious hold. Well, anyone's really.

I could cheat an give myself rubber, but that would grant an unfair advantage since nobody else would be able to.

*sigh*

I've been playing a converted Ethiopia and been having a blast so far.

There is the case of exaggerated populations, but it spices things up and turns the game into overdrive. Hyperindustrialisation gives nation a lot of IC for the HOI2 conversion and, this might not be the right place to ask, but because of this, when I convert to HOI2 there is a sever shortage of resources to fuel industry that makes the game almost unplayable. Is there a converter or a way that would let me scale this? I'm always reminded of the lovely GUI and plethora of options that the random scenario generator uses and someday wish that converters would allow for such versatility for those of us who have no idea how to edit the files themselves.

Oh, and another thing is that Syria converts to a nation called "user defined" and doesn't have a flag or do anything. In countries.txt, there doesn't seem to be anything glaringly wrong with the Syria entry. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

where can I download latest version of the converter ? is it supports HttT ?

P.S.
Tried some play converted game in VIP ? Is it playable ?

Thanx in advance for any help :)

I use eu3 heir to the throne + the italian translation of this expansion.I tried the converter but there is a problem,when i load the converted savegame in victoria rev (with vip), the game says more or less "is impossible to find scenarios\pops.csv file" what is the problem?

Last edited:
i patched heir to the throne to the last beta patch and now when i try to open the savegame there is a java error...if i try to open an old savegave, instead, i have still the file pops missing!practically when i try to open the file i can convert it but i can choose "convert population" and "convert industries"this can be the cause of the pops error?if yes why can't i choose "convert populations"?

I am trying to use the convertor for the first time for Eu3 InNomine. As I begin the pop-ups show up and I goto open my *.eu3 file and then convert. When I hit the convert button I ge tthis error "ERROR: Loading EU3 Savegame (2963: 1=) java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 2" . I am not sure what that is. I have followed the instructions in the readme.txt file. I will upload my savegame here so hopefully someone can helpme and/or convert file for me. Thank you in advance for the help.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wbz2y9c5o54e05f

Well, after about five tries with three different save games, nothing;

First I have the new folder where I unzipped the file, copy my save game, copy the contents from the utility folder, edit the batch file, change the location to "c:// Program Files/Paradox Interactive/ Victoria - Revolutions" , change set version =InNomine, and left debug alone.

Ran the MSDOS, press keys when asked to, a box for the link came up, selected InNomine, then selected my saved game and converted it, once it was done I continued to press keys until this window went away. Went to Victoria and the game had been converted to a scenario. I selected Switzerland and loaded the game, all countries had been converted, but there was NO POPs, no resources, and no armies nor navies, besides, everyone's Literacy was at 35%. Waited for three days, saved it, exit it, and reloaded as Bolivia (Inca Empire) and it came up, but with the same problem: no pops, no resources, no armies, no navies, and literacy at 35%, for everyone.

I have EU3 In Nomine 3.0, and I'm converting to Victoria Revolutions. Was there a step that i was missing, or did I jut plain do something wrong? Please let me know, I wouldn't like to bother anyone every time I'll convert a game. The Inca Empire will reimburse you gladly.

In the meantime I would appreciate if anyone could convert the game in question, and once again thanks:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3cc010pmppes78k

Well, after about five tries with three different save games, nothing;

First I have the new folder where I unzipped the file, copy my save game, copy the contents from the utility folder, edit the batch file, change the location to "c:// Program Files/Paradox Interactive/ Victoria - Revolutions" , change set version =InNomine, and left debug alone.

Ran the MSDOS, press keys when asked to, a box for the link came up, selected InNomine, then selected my saved game and converted it, once it was done I continued to press keys until this window went away. Went to Victoria and the game had been converted to a scenario. I selected Switzerland and loaded the game, all countries had been converted, but there was NO POPs, no resources, and no armies nor navies, besides, everyone's Literacy was at 35%. Waited for three days, saved it, exit it, and reloaded as Bolivia (Inca Empire) and it came up, but with the same problem: no pops, no resources, no armies, no navies, and literacy at 35%, for everyone.

I have EU3 In Nomine 3.0, and I'm converting to Victoria Revolutions. Was there a step that i was missing, or did I jut plain do something wrong? Please let me know, I wouldn't like to bother anyone every time I'll convert a game. The Inca Empire will reimburse you gladly.

In the meantime I would appreciate if anyone could convert the game in question, and once again thanks:

Here is your converted game. Unzip the file and paste into your Victoria folder. Then you will need to run the game for for the first few days like you did when you tried to convert your game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lmotw449crdxi40

Thank you so much Future2063!

But could you please tell me what was I doing wrong?
Whenever I did what I mentioned before I would have the same result. I also forgot to mention that the POPs file and the converted doc were completely blank.

When I first tried to convert your game I also got a POPs and conversion file that were empty. But then I used another version of the converter which worked. I had to edit the .bat file of the converter by removing the lines of code at the end of the .bat which deleted .txt, .csv, and .eug files.

Here is the converter I used that worked but you might need to edit the .bat so that it doesn't delete the files you need after the conversion is done.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ab1ivn383o38km

Can someone please help me convert this game?

I've been trying to convert this EU3:IN 3.0 game for over a year now with no success. I can get the converter to run, everything looks good, except Scandinavia isn't there. This wouldn't be a problem, except that 1-Scandinavia is the country I am using. 2-It is the largest country in the world resulting in an insane number of empty provinces.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6hp8uz0lyoxYWM0ZDA1YjItNzMxZC00MWQ3LWI0NDQtM2JlZDkyOGNjMGU5&hl=en&authkey=CKKvhK0F