• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let me give that a try, I'll report back with the results.

*Edit*

Seems to have worked. This converter actually does a REALLY good job of converting just about everything. As soon as I do the 1-2 day run with a useless country so that I can play mine, I'll have a better idea. Otherwise, Great job on this!

*Edit 2*

I will say this. Bulgaria and Haiti are somehow switched geographically from where they should be lol.

Last edited:
It works for me in New Zealand. Maybe 2shared blocks certain countries or has a limited number of connections per country? I just uploaded it to File Dropper too, try http://www.filedropper.com/eu3torev.

When i try to convert my save file, i get an error message saying "can't find convetorv8.exe". At first i thought it was just a typo, so i opened the program with a text editor, and added an r anywhere it said "start convetorv8.exe", but i just got the same message. So is there a file missing, or is it supposed to be called something different?

When i try to convert my save file, i get an error message saying "can't find convetorv8.exe". At first i thought it was just a typo, so i opened the program with a text editor, and added an r anywhere it said "start convetorv8.exe", but i just got the same message. So is there a file missing, or is it supposed to be called something different?
Are you converting from HTTT? The file is now called factoryconverterhttt.exe The current version of the converter only fully supports HTTT.

First off, I'd like to sya thanks to all of you who created this converter - I could not have done anything remotely like it.

Now - that being said, I must be doing something wring. I follow the steps, and it converts okay (no error messages) and then I can start up the savegame in Victoria - but there is not a single military unit in my nation - and I am sure I had quite a few :)
No regiments, no ships, no nothing.

What would I need to post/tell you more and make things clearer in case this sin't something simple?

First off, I'd like to sya thanks to all of you who created this converter - I could not have done anything remotely like it.

Now - that being said, I must be doing something wring. I follow the steps, and it converts okay (no error messages) and then I can start up the savegame in Victoria - but there is not a single military unit in my nation - and I am sure I had quite a few :)
No regiments, no ships, no nothing.

What would I need to post/tell you more and make things clearer in case this sin't something simple?
No armies or navies whatsoever? Are they the only thing missing?
Just upload your savegame (preferably zipped) to a free file hosting site and post the link here. I'll figure out what is stopping the conversion and then send you the converted save.

There are no armies or navies except two (that I can see - one in France, one in Spain) - whereas I am certain I had a lot more of them.

I appreciate your offer. Do you need to see the original EU3 savegame or the already converted savegame for Vic:R?

I must admit I haven't checked further to see if anything else was missing: I figured that with my military missing (well, anybody's military missing) there was no point in looking further. I'll check once I get the chance - might be later this week though. Work and all that.

There are no armies or navies except two (that I can see - one in France, one in Spain) - whereas I am certain I had a lot more of them.

I appreciate your offer. Do you need to see the original EU3 savegame or the already converted savegame for Vic:R?

I must admit I haven't checked further to see if anything else was missing: I figured that with my military missing (well, anybody's military missing) there was no point in looking further. I'll check once I get the chance - might be later this week though. Work and all that.
The original EU3 savegame.

Heya, Kalelovil

So I'm actually having the same problem as the other fellow, no military showing up for any country, no factories either I don't think. Also, the Ottoman Empire appears to have been converted out of existence...which is quite sad.

The link to the game is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TH50JW77

If there's anything you can do, I'd be appreciative :)

I am not sure what am I doing wrong but I cant get the converter to produce any converted save game (the save game folder in Victoria remains empty).

What have I done:

1. Extracted converter
2. Copied save game and contents of utilities folder into the same place where that bat file is.
3. Left bat file alone as I cant open it with notepad (when I right click on it it doesnt give an option open with, just open). Since I installed Vicky in default location and I am converting HTTT game all the default options should be OK.
4. When I run bat file 2 windows open, in one it says press any key in other it doesnt. When I press anything in that first window a new program start and asks me to specify from what am I converting - I choose HTTT. Then I have to choose which file to convert. Those two options (factories and another one) are greyed out and I cant select them. I choose file to convert when converting is done I have to press any key a few times in that mentioned window, after that the window closes itself. The program doesnt and I have to exit it manually.

No Vicky save game is created.

The save game I am trying to convert is from 1804. because game crashes then and I cant play further. I suppose this could be the problem but shouldnt program create atleast some deformed Vicky save game if thats the problem.

Sorry for the delay.

I uploaded my end-savegame here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35A2SNPG

I re-converted it again to see if something went wrong. Now I do get a lot (but definitely not all) of my armies. Navies are a lot less. Also, the armies are in the wrong place - there are a LOT of them in the Iberian peninsula while they are supposed to be all across the globe. I also notice there is not a single factory anywhere.

Checking some more, I notice that there is hardly a nation that has a military - while in the endgame there were a lot of armies and navies anywhere.

I am buggered if I know what went wrong.

If anyone could help me out or point me in the rightdirection, that would be hugely appreciated.

I will try to catch up with your requests.

I am contributing to the EU3toVic2 project now so thats is where most of my focus will go.
If anyone here wants to commit themselves to helping the project the sourceforge site is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/eu3tovic2/ (If you seriously want to help, and preferably have java or C++ coding experience or a particular interest in EU3 and V2 and their timeframes and mechanics) and the paradox thread is http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490709 (the info in the first post is slightly out of date however).

Thanks a bunch. Any insights will be hugely appreciated. I mean, it's not like we have claim to some sort of warranty, is it? :rofl:

No, seriously, the whole converter is a very nifty utility that has been a work of love by volunteers who donated their mind and time into getting it to work.

Thanks, regardles of a solution.