• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We yeaaaaaaaaarn for converter goodness

Any news on the converter?
EDIT: The download site is also down, is there any chance someone can rehost the converter?

Last edited:
I sent an e-mail to MontyP asking for news...

MontyP said:
Hey Gilles,

Unfortunanely the converter is still on hold. I have been swamped with work lately, and haven't even had time to play some casual EU3 games :( Don't know when I will have time to develop EU3ToRev further, but at the moment it doesn't look all that bright :(

Cheers
/Monty

RoyalArk14 said:
Um, when ever I click on the link it says the link is not found. Can someone help me find the page, I'd rather like to transfer a game and it would be greatly appreciated.

The converter is far from finished. It lacks many provinces and countries...

I'd like to take a look at the old converter though, see how it works, and see if I can't do any work on it to speed up it's completion, however, I can't find there to download the old version of the converter since the site is down.

Last edited:
When I try converting a save and click on the savegame, it says something about an error on some line, meaning that something is missing. Then it doesn't let me pick any countries or show a map, and I can't play it.

I thought it might have something to do with Nappy, but when I tried an old vanilla game of mine, it still didn't work.

Any news? I tried out the incomplete converter and got a critical error when I loaded the game, but then again, I was using a mod so I was sort of expecting it?

Any sort of news would be appreciated, my AAR game is almost at 1700, I'm running out of time :p

I fear i've lost contact with MontyP... the mail address i had doesn't work anymore. So i have trouble getting up-to-date news :(

gigau said:
I fear i've lost contact with MontyP... the mail address i had doesn't work anymore. So i have trouble getting up-to-date news :(

Too bad. :( I suppose that manual conversion to Vicky must be awfully painfull (with all those provinces and PoPs) :(

Last edited:
thrashing mad said:
To bad. :( I suppose that manual conversion to Vicky must be awfully painfull (with all those provinces and PoPs) :(

Just what I was thinking? Is there a programmer in the house?

gigau said:

I'm going to be really disappointed if I did about 20 hours of work for naught. :(

English Patriot said:
Just what I was thinking? Is there a programmer in the house?

kind of but I am no where near good enough to make a converter or to actually fully call myself a programmer :p .

But when I ran the converter on my NA game I got no errors and it loaded up fine but I have no actual clue what was supposed to be converted. I got Europe, The middle east and Asia. All of Africa and America was blank even though all of America and most of Africa (just 2 provinces left) no Factories, pop conversion (unless Prussian is split between north and south German) no army’s and no tech but that might be because I converted at tech levels 30 just to see how much it would work.

I'm going to be really disappointed if I did about 20 hours of work for naught.

In the old converter wasn’t the province to province list part of a text file you could edit? cant you do that with this one or am i thinking of a converter for a different paradox game.

Well I sorted the error out, the converter had stuck a GBR tag in the save file :confused:

Anyway, the result is pretty much the same as ladybugs, I don't suppose anyone's had any luck getting a hold of MontyP

EDIT - Ladybug, I know the CK-EUII converter by KOM used a lot of editable text files, I had hoped this one would be the same, I've had quick look through it, but there's not much I can decipher

EDIT2 - Religion also wasn't converted, my Britain was protestant, not catholic as it should have been :(

English Patriot said:
Well I sorted the error out, the converter had stuck a GBR tag in the save file :confused:

Anyway, the result is pretty much the same as ladybugs, I don't suppose anyone's had any luck getting a hold of MontyP

EDIT - Ladybug, I know the CK-EUII converter by KOM used a lot of editable text files, I had hoped this one would be the same, I've had quick look through it, but there's not much I can decipher

EDIT2 - Religion also wasn't converted, my Britain was protestant, not catholic as it should have been :(

It seems that we`ll have to go through hell of manual conversion to Vicky. But there is also other way:

- make EU2 scenario similar to our EUIII situation (culture,religion,cores,provinces,techs etc.)
- convert to Vicky using EU2Vic converter

As far as I remember there was easy to use, clickable editor for EU2, so it shouldn`t be very though.