• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AcoG000

Corporal
75 Badges
Nov 3, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
BACKGROUND:
I've wanted to do an AAR for a while now. So I thought, now is my chance. So here we have it. I am using the EU3Plus mod, and am using the Rise of the Najjars scenario. Playing England, with every setting default, except that minting does not accumulate inflation.

Rules:
No formal house rules, except no gamey tactics.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
I. Prologue (you are here)
II. Welcome Aboard
III. Inheritance
IV. The Scottish Question

PROLOGUE
Ah, the early 15th century. The hundreds year war rages in the west- wait, wrong TL.

Ah, the early 15th century. The Reconquista rages in Spain, while the Ming Empire lies broken at the hands of Timur. Greek princes fight to reclaim the glory of Byzantium, while the Kings of Italy look to returning to the Golden Ages of Rome. Glory is there for those who seize the opportunity. This glory will go to the ruler of the seas, the Kings of England. The English kings of Aragon first look to conquer the incompetent Irish, and then will deal with the even more incompetent Scottish.
Europe, at the brink of the 15th century:
p.1.png
As you can see, I actually "started" in 1410. I didn't have any pics before then, so I just used this one. Oh, and since I really am bad, I set minting to NOT produce inflation(will change soon!!!)

Obligatory flag count!:

Well, this was a rather short update, but, it is only a prologue, and I have much more nice stuff coming :)

-Aco

Attachments

• p.1.png
    p.1.png
    318,6 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
This is the mod Wiz made for his Azeri megacampaign yes? Sounds like a promising AAR, I'll be following with great interest. A small request, keep an eye on Azerbaijan and say if anything interesting happens. In any event, have fun!

Pushing Onwards

Replies
Ripheus - Thank you my friend, for the reply. I will be sure to keep up with Azerbaijan and the Middle East
UPDATE I
1.1.png

1.1 - Our liege has long been deceased, but his nobles have not.
1.3.png

1.2 - Because Portugal has been such a loyal seafaring ally, we decide to send them a nice gift.
1.4.png

1.3 - To keep up with the growing cost of stability in our realm, we order the building of Churches and other amenities in both York and Gloucester.
1.6.png
1.4 - The Danes have sincerely offered us an alliance. Knowing that a future war with Sweden or Norway was inevitable, we gladly accept.​
1.8.png

1.5 - Some of the more greedy nobles have dishonorably approached our liege for compensation, as they have ran the country for him. Knowing that refusing their demands would hurt the stability of the realm, he decides to give in to their demands.

Without further ado, I shall conclude this update. In the next update, our alliance with Denmark will surely pay off.

-Aco

II. Why so Brown?

II: Why so Brown?

1.10.png

2.1 - We receive news that the Duke of Brabant has proclaimed himself the King of the Netherlands. This is bound to cause conflicts in the future, as they are also declared themselves free from imperial rule.
2.11.png

2.2 - We send a diplomat, requesting a royal marriage with the people across the channel. They accept our proposal
2.13.png

2.3 - We then send them an alliance proposal, to no avail.
2.15.png

2.4 - The new emperor has been elected. Once again, he is a king of bohemia.
2.16.png

2.5 - We make an advance in naval tech. We decide it is best that we invest in trade tech next.
2.18.png

2.6 - Our allies in Denmark have been attacked by Estonian Revolutionaries. We gladly accept their call to arms.
We load up our troops, ship them out, and then besiege:
2.19.png

2.20.png

2.21.png

We then annex them, using our excellent military to show our might:
2.22.png

Attachments

• 1.10.png
    1.10.png
    438,7 KB · Views: 53
No England, stop taking piss-poor coastal provinces on the other side of Europe! What are you, a paradox AI or something? :laugh:

Speaking of conquest, what are some of your territorial goals right now? Do you mean to stick relatively close to what historically happened (oppression of the poor people of Tallinn aside), blob all over mainland Europe, or something else altogether?

Last edited:
III. Inheritance

Replies
Ripheus: No need to worry about my worthless conquest! I actually release it as a vassal later, and, plus, it was free of Infamy, so my greedy self decided to use this freebie.
blsteen: Heh, if you agree with Ripheus about the worthless conquest, then read above! And, I do think that the Netherlands is very awesome. Could make some seafaring allies. Finally, Estland is NOT an HRE province.

III. Inheritance

3.1.png

3.1 - After hearing of our conquest of Estland, the ruler of Samogitia requests a royal marriage with our court. Although a bit hesitant, the regency finally decides to accept.
3.2.png

3.2 - The ruler of Connaught also wants a royal marriage. Good grief, who do they think we are, Scots?!
3.4.png

3.3 - We have a minor advance in our military strategy.
3.9.png

3.4 - The ruler of Wales, proud to be subordinate to us, and greets us with a lump sum of gold. In return, we are to preserve his independence, but the regency doesn't keep that promise very long...
3.11.png

3.12.png

3.5 - After a bit of hesitation, he decides to give up his realm. Admittedly, I feel bad for him. However, the easy way also isn't necessarily the best way:
3.14.png

3.6 - Some of his most loyal supporters plead for the regency to once again let him rule Wales, but to no avail. Because of this, they go on strike. Many animals join their cause, too.
3.15.png

3.7 - The oldest heir of William III, Jane I d'Arago, inherits the throne, as Queen of England, Wales, and Estonia.
gallery.cgi

3.8 - In the first weeks of her reign, she instates several state funded advances of religion, including churches and amenities in Wales.

With the ascension of Jane I, Queen of England, Wales, and Estonia, I shall conclude this update. In the next update, we shall subjjjjugaohrogofnoiarfr die Schotten.

-Aco

EDIT: In case you were wondering about Azeri, these few updates (2-9) were actually made after Ripheus requested we keep an eye on it, and I only checked the comments after I started update 3. Oh, and added a map of Europe, in January 1415.

Attachments

• 3.M.png
    3.M.png
    85,1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
IV. Subjugation

UPDATE IV: The Scottish Question
eu3_1.png

4.1 - After we heh... stole Estland from Denmark, the now look to conquer Osel, just to get some of Estonia
eu3_2.png

4.2 - We get called into the war too. The queen decides to gladly NOT accept the call, since it would cost our internal stability too much.
eu3_3.png

4.3 - In other news, a new Holy Roman Emperor has been elected. Once again, he is a King of Bohemia, however -_-
eu3_4.png

4.4 - The most serene Queen Jane of England, Wales, and Estonia decides that the Navy is due for a much needed reform. Still ignoring the army, however.
eu3_7.png

4.5 - Her next goal is to get an alliance with the people across to the channel, which, unfortunately, is unsuccessful.
eu3_8.png

4.6 - She decides that a 'temporary' alliance with the Irish primitives is best, to help accomplishing a well needed attempt to subjugate the Scots.
eu3_9.png

4.7 - This attempt is (rather sadly) successful. I hope she will immediately stop cooperating with the primitives after Scotland has been mopped up.
eu3_10.png

4.8 - By making this alliance, she has also postponed the actual conquest of Ireland.
eu3_11.png

4.9 - Now, she decides, is the time to subjugate the northerners.
eu3_12.png

4.10 - She raises one more army, and then organizes them into a 10,000 man division.
eu3_13.png

4.11 - Organization!
eu3_14.png

4.12 - Be ruthless, be efficient, have a plan to kill every enemy you see!
eu3_16.png

4.13 - Their well... weak allies try to fight against the Holy Alliance of England, Portugal, Normandy, and some unimportant primitive states
eu3_17.png

4.14 - We send our Royal Navy to patrol around the entire island, in case one of our enemies attempts a naval invasion.
eu3_18.png

4.15 - While we did have a victory in Ayrshire, the Scots somehow defeat our army in Lothian. They probably only won because of luck.
eu3_19.png

4.16 - We send another, although slightly smaller, army to Lothian again. Though outnumbered, the morale of the Scots is very poor, so we should have the upper hand.
eu3_20.png

4.17 - We somehow lose the battle, and our entire army is eliminated! They will pay for their treachery!
eu3_21.png

4.18 - It seems, however, that army that just destroyed my other army, is retreating too! We use this opportunity to strike on Lothian.
eu3_22.png

4.19 - That army, too, is defeated, and there is an ENEMY IN SIGHT - THE PROVINCE OF CUMBRIA IS BEING BESIEGED BY THE ATROCIOUS ARMIES OF SCOTLAND! Fortunately, the superior forces of ENGLAND have defeated the barbarians.
eu3_23.png

4.20 - We receive a rather... generous peace offer from across the channel. They are offering all of their coffers, and we haven't even landed on a single one of their provinces. We accept.
eu3_25.png

4.21 - It seems... that the Irish were useful after all, and have settled a very harsh peace with Scotland, forcing them remove all of Ireland from their sphere of terror, and to also end the vassalization of the infidels in Scandinavia. This is very pleasing.
eu3_26.png

4.22 - With their entire army eliminated, we begin occupying both Lothian and Fife. If they knew any better, the highlanders wouldn't arrive this time.
eu3_27.png

4.23 - The incompetent garrison of LOTHIAN has surrendered to our might.
eu3_28.png

4.24 - Knowing that their capital is now under English rule, the incompetent Scottish WANT to be under our superior lordship now:
eu3_29.png

4.25 - The Scottish have surrendered, and they are now under English lordship. The entire country is proud of our great Queen of England, Wales, and Beyond.
eu3_30.png

4.26 - Our liege now knows she will need to work towards incorporating Scotland into her country, and becoming the Queen of Great Britain and Ireland.
eu3_31.png

4.27 - In the aftermath of the war, we sent our great navy home, to prepare for a grand celebration, in honor of the brave service it put forth during the war.
eu3_33.png

4.28 - The queen decides to personally send the King of Portugal a gift in honor of his support during the war.
eu3_34.png

4.29 - 3 Scottish spies visit our court, offering to swear fealty to our queen, and commit themselves to espionage operations abroad. We politely reject their offer, but we thank their loyalty by gifting them each 100 ducats.
eu3_35.png

4.30 - The queen attempts to spread our dynasty by marrying some of our dependents away. The Swedish, although reluctant, accept this offer.

BONUS:The status of Azerbaijan
eu3_36.png

I hope you enjoyed this update!

-Aco

So the Scottish wiped out a full English army, yet their leadership is so inept they're already begging you to annex them. Lions led by donkeys indeed!

It's pretty weird that Samiland was a Scottish vassal. Did they start out that way, or did Scotland somehow conquer them?

Azerbaijan seems to have taken a bite out of the Jamilids, which makes sense given how weak they were at the start. Hopefully they'll survive long enough to become a mecca of tolerance, modernity, and (more importantly) wool production.

In any event, congrats on (almost) conquering Britain. Perhaps it's time to bring those fractious Hibernians under your rule? Only this time without The Troubles, if it's not too much trouble.

Give me a V!

REPLIES:
Ripheus: I second that comment! Although, it is all over now, and the race for British hegemony is over.

Update V, Part I: Give me a V!
eu3_2.png

5.1 - With the Scottish out of the question, the queen can now focus on more internal matters. Like resettling conquered primitives.
eu3_4.png

5.2 - Attempting to reconciliate with our Danish friends, she finds that is simply impossible without giving up Estland. She completely abandons the Danish, and proclaims them as dishonorable scum.
eu3_5.png

5.3 - Once again, the green people are no friends. But it seems they still think that. We proudly refuse.
eu3_8.png

5.4 - The brave admiral who lead our grand navy during the Anglo-Scottish War has died of unknown causes. We suspect the Irish of this.
eu3_9.png

5.5 - The Grand Navy is even Grander!
eu3_11.png

5.6 - Improvements in our means of production have been discovered. The queen, eager to always improve our technology, spares no investment. A consequence of this, however, is rising inflation.
eu3_12.png

5.7 - The Queen decides to improve our Grand Navy, by introducing a new fleet of very fast pinnaces, to scout and for use as bait.
eu3_13.png

5.8 - A current look of our great nation, featuring our new Red Squadron of the Royal Navy.
eu3_14.png

5.9 - A look at the most reliable, Encyclopaedia Jania, published yearly, showing that we hold the greatest navy the world has ever seen!
eu3_15.png

5.10 - The authors of this encyclopedia, who in fact were courtiers should be executed for making our army look so embarrassing!
eu3_17.png

5.11 - Looking to improve relations with our dynastic brethren, the queen decides to marry her son with a courtier in Aragon.
eu3_19.png

5.12 - The queen orders to continue to loosen our policies about trade.
An ordinary revolt in England:
eu3_20.png

eu3_21.png

eu3_23.png

eu3_24.png

"And then the traitors were executed at the gallows, and all was laid to peace and order.
eu3_27.png

5.17 - A recent "study" has shown that our research is useless! Unfortunately, the queen falls for these "researchers".
eu3_29.png

5.18 - To further improve relations with Aragon, our dynastic brethren, the Queen swears to attack anyone who thinks they want Aragon off the map.
eu3_30.png

5.19 - The decision to marry our Queen's heir to a courtier in Aragon has paid off. The new heir to the throne of Aragon is a grandchild of Jane, Queen of England, Wales, and Beyond!

TO BE CONTINUED...