• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks, Regina. Now give us a demo or we will rebel and waste all of your manpower~ :p

Interesting. I´ll see what I can do ;)

What about giving us the demo now. If not now, what about now? .. Or maybe just a bit later than now, maybe now? :rofl:

Well, there are four possible ways to for us to be handled.

1. Accept demands
2. Boost stability
3. Change culture
4. Harsh treatment

I had a question. What's the reasoning behind still having to pay interest on the loans you pay back early?

I may be looking at this from a modern perspective, but any interest rate on $0 is $0. Is there something from the time period that I am missing here?

I had a question. What's the reasoning behind still having to pay interest on the loans you pay back early?

I may be looking at this from a modern perspective, but any interest rate on $0 is $0. Is there something from the time period that I am missing here?

If you didn't have to pay interest you could just take loans to pay back loans. Infinite money with no interest.

I'd like to ask the people at Paradox if I am allowed to translate this document to Spanish and put it in the Spanish EU forums. I didn't see it in other languages, and if I get the green light I'd definitely do it. Anyways, if it's not possible just ignore this post. :)

A shattered army retreats several provinces but more quickly so it can't be overrun.

What happens if I use a second army to cut off its retreat/ intercept it, is it then overrun/destroyed entirely?

If not it could be even more annoying than ping pong...

Considering I actually never read it is amazing I fully read this document! +++

I'd like to ask the people at Paradox if I am allowed to translate this document to Spanish and put it in the Spanish EU forums. I didn't see it in other languages, and if I get the green light I'd definitely do it. Anyways, if it's not possible just ignore this post. :)

Personally I don't see a problem and don't think Paradox will or can prevent you from doing so. It's a free document that explains changes so it's not as if you're stealing copyrighted material and selling it.

Consider it 'modding'! :)

Also.. question:... I've never found in another game the possibility that "harsh treatment" could backfire. It happened very often historically... some nation would try to push around a minority.. kill some of them to intimidate the others.. and it would have the exact opposite effect and the peoples would get unified in their harsh treatment and revolt against their liege. Is this a possibility at all?

Also, after reading the entire document from top to bottom.. can't express how excited I am for this game. Glad I EXTREME(ly) pre-ordered it.

Also.. question:... I've never found in another game the possibility that "harsh treatment" could backfire. It happened very often historically... some nation would try to push around a minority.. kill some of them to intimidate the others.. and it would have the exact opposite effect and the peoples would get unified in their harsh treatment and revolt against their liege. Is this a possibility at all?

Also, after reading the entire document from top to bottom.. can't express how excited I am for this game. Glad I EXTREME(ly) pre-ordered it.

That's why in Eu4 you have Siberia, and probably some mods will have penal colonies.
Also, this is the time before constitutions. People could get killed for minor offences, not to talk about brutal treatment of rebelling peasants.

Sure, there have been some cases of people getting really pissed. And then there are probably more cases of 'stick + carrot' policies where the new citizens have been assimilated, sometimes with the help of local police force etc.

The fun part is, that the manual talks about population when describing colonization :)

rebel capable population during colonisation is different from province you own having population which relates to tax. Once it's a province it no longer has population, just a tax and trade power value