• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Brasidas said:
("Peter Ebbesen wants to join as Austria. Yes/no").

NO! Peter Ebbesen is not allowed to join its too unbalancing :rolleyes:

Mulliman said:
Then it would be possible to have some kind of record for each player, such as total amount of time played, won and lost wars and average income growth per session as well as favourite nation :).

hehehehe didn't thought about that! might be very cool.

however, I already see what will happen if the community of players is big : lots of fake game to improve their standings.

anyway, for those that doesn't cheat it could be very fun.

Mulliman said:
Then it would be possible to have some kind of record for each player, such as total amount of time played, won and lost wars and average income growth per session as well as favourite nation :).

I really don't want to see this. How often is Vnet down as it is? I'm not an anti-Paradox cynic, and I understand that the server can't be up at all times, but I really don't want another thing that go wrong with the server just so that there can be a GalCiv-like ratings system like the Metaverse for EU3 MPers.

I log in, I go into the lobby. If somebody else has the login "Brasidas", fine. Extremely unlikely that the two of us are going to be on at the exact same time, but whatever. I do not want to have to set up an account, with a password, and hope that I'm the first to get the login. If I forget my password, I don't want to have to live with "Brasidas1" forever because of it.

When I first joined the community forums here, I wanted to be Alcibiades. His style was more the one I was attracted to when I played Paradox games, and it still is the style that I try to campaign with today. But someone, somewhere registered with that name first. In the year and a half that I've been reading these forums, I've never, ever seen a post by this person. But because of him, I couldn't use the nick of my choice.

And what about changing logins? If I decide I'm more of a Nicias after ironicly screwing up a Sicilian campaign, can I change my nick? If I can just go ahead and change my nick, what was the point of the whole registration thing in the first place? To record wins and losses? To have a little tally of "x" number of complaints?

If a rascal just changes his nick before somebody files a complaint, I'm imagining that you could only match him to the number of wins, losses, and other complaints that he's received. And how many "0 wins, 3 losses, 0 complaints" players are going to be on this big long "put them on a block and measure them" list? They'll be the majority of this very long list.

I don't see a useful function here. Certainly not one worth complicating Vnet or the game's programming with. Please don't spend resources trying to implement it.

Fredrik82 said:
Yes, this is a must really.

Top five list of most common words used in EU2MP, that we wish not to hear in EU3.

1. Rehost
2. Latency, out of synch
3. CTD
4. Chatbug
5. Router

Solution? Xfire :)

Personally, I hate it when games require you install other software as well (gamespy, IIRC, is one I encounter most often :( )

And if joining "on the fly" would be possible (which I hope it will be... then a 1 minute internet down doesn't turn into a 30 minute drama) ... a "persistent world" of sorts would be grand :cool: