• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Word_Smith

Court Complainer
83 Badges
Sep 25, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars
I want to play EU3 with a friend, as it's objectively the best Europa Universalis game.

However, no matter what we do, we keep running "Game not found" every time we try to connect. Our checksums and DLCs are the same. One of us hosts, the other clicks "Join Internet Game" and enters the others IPv4 address. Always, Game Not Found.

We've tried:

- Disabling all our firewalls
- Creating a Hamachi network and trying to connect to the host's Hamachi IPv4
- Trying both ethernet and wi-fi
- Disabling wi-fi extenders

I love this game, but I can't for the life of me understand how it's meant to be played multiplayer nowadays. There are plenty of old forum posts troubleshooting the now-defunct metaserver, but next to nothing about direct IP connection via "Join Internet Game". Most of the suggestions boil down to "make sure you have the same checksum". We both have the same checksum, and we both have headaches from trying to get this to work.

Any advice?

I mean, has anyone successfully played an EU3 multiplayer game in the past couple years? Is there a community member or tech support person I can reach out to for some insight?

@Word_Smith

I did play EU3 multiplayer back in the day and even did a HOI3 BI mod multiplayer last summer so I assume that it should still work.

Have you/the host tried port forwarding? You have to open certain TCP/UDP ports in your router to allow for internet traffic. After that, you can "Join Internet Game" and connect to the host's external ip.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I want to play EU3 with a friend, as it's objectively the best Europa Universalis game. However, no matter what we do, we keep running "Game not found" every time we try to connect. Our checksums and DLCs are the same. One of us hosts, the other clicks "Join Internet Game" and enters the others IPv4 address. Always, Game Not Found. We've tried: - Disabling all our firewalls - Creating a Hamachi network and trying to connect to the host's Hamachi IPv4 - Trying both ethernet and wi-fi - Disabling wi-fi extenders I love this game, but I can't for the life of me understand how it's meant to be played multiplayer nowadays. There are plenty of old forum posts troubleshooting the now-defunct metaserver, but next to nothing about direct IP connection via "Join Internet Game". Most of the suggestions boil down to "make sure you have the same checksum". We both have the same checksum, and we both have headaches from trying to get this to work. Any advice?

Hello I've managed to play multiplayer with a friend in another country. We used hamachi, and the IP that hamachi gives you. It works, it might take 2-3 minutes to find the game though. Each time we play, we have to a quick verify files before starting the game. A bit annoying but it works.