• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CommiePancakes

Sergeant
68 Badges
Jun 10, 2012
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
EU3+MONGOLS
A Communist Pancakes AAR
Chapter 1 Below
Chapter 2:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15389792&viewfull=1#post15389792
Chapter 3:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15394482&viewfull=1#post15394482
Chapter 4:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15398881&viewfull=1#post15398881
Chapter 5:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15408457&viewfull=1#post15408457
Chapter 6:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15432149&viewfull=1#post15432149
Chapter 7:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15434468&viewfull=1#post15434468
Chapter 8:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15462383#post15462383
Chapter 9:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15473347&viewfull=1#post15473347
Chapter 10:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15490506&viewfull=1#post15490506
Chapter 11:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15493291&viewfull=1#post15493291
Chapter 12:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685110-EU3-Mongols-A-very-low-effort-AAR&p=15510056&viewfull=1#post15510056
Hi. I have exams very soon. I am doing an AAR anyway because no one can stop me. I won't put any effort into it and you guys will just have to deal with that.

I'm playing EU3Plus. As the Mongols. Hence the title. It'll be a quest for glory, the Chinese throne and boats.

NFNg7UW.jpg
VjGd4Kp.jpg

Our first mission is to get a coastal province so we can build some boats. Because the mongols were famous for boats. So we will.

6WNxen4.jpg

We offer an alliance to Manchu. They reject. We attack Qi anyway because they're pretty weak.

ZH3LpQV.jpg

Manchu still helps us out in the first battle because they're also at war with Qi somehow. Thanks, guys. I chase down the rest of the army later. As I said, Qi ain't very strong.

teumdTK.jpg

Estonia is gone. This doesn't really matter. I just like Estonia.

bEsMaIa.jpg

We're apparently doing bad production research. I don't mind losing our progress seeing as we've gotten nowhere in our research.

0ttTWk2.jpg

We take Beijing.

QSrrkgH.jpg

We take the rest and annex them.

6e2SAXz.jpg

Our country looks a bit silly and we can't build boats yet. We have to do something about that.

bTSnv2Z.jpg

3gEvcp6.jpg

We're chinese now. We can now build boats, so that's kinda neat.

More updates to come soon. Until then, feel free to comment. Peace out. Now I'm gonna go study like I should have been doing all this time.

Last edited:
ATBKING, Just see my unification of China as a way to get loads of money to reestablish my real empire. I'm kinda sad that I had to abandon Tengri to do this, but ah well.

CHAPTER 2. It's about accepting who you really are. And boats.

In the last chapter, we were mongols and conquered Beijing. In this chapter, we're Chinese and are having a tough time dealing with the fact that we used to be mongols. All our old territory is undisputably our core territory but we're apparently not too fond of Mongol culture anymore. This could be a problem since it means we'll get like no tax from them and there's a larger risk for revolts. Confucianism is generally cool with heathens, though, so we won't get a big malus from them being Tengri.

q33t1ag.jpg

Anyway: Being Chinese, we ally two small chinese states to the south and build ourselves two quite nice armies. We use mongol units because they're stronger.

aPFWk91.jpg

Ulanchaab, our old capital, is now pretty much just a backwater mongol town. The real tax dosh flows in from Beijing and Jinan with their massive populations. We put our national focus on Hejian so that it covers our three biggest cities. With this setup, and a slight reduction in army maintenance, we're making 11.55 ducats a year: up from 3 pre-chinese era.

wLAZec8.jpg

As for the boats: We can't build really big ones yet, but we'll be able to soon. A cog is put in production. We get an awesome neighbour bonus: the chinese states and Korea are all at tech level 6 in everything.

oQGqHN8.jpg

Since we've been Confucianists for like, two years now, we don't really have a problem with reforming it. That revolt risk reduction is nice.

NabiTNy.jpg

Stability increase. Neat. When we have full stability, we'll enact a certain desicion.

dQMGpGD.jpg

With full stability now achieved, we're going to enact the 'Accept Mongol Culture' desicion. It will make things a lot better in our northern provinces and make us seem a bit more down with the nomads/cool kids.

SAKfWcM.jpg

Estonia is annexed again. At least it means that they were independent for a while, so I guess there was some good news in that.

KkL5nAB.jpg

We build a Temple in Beijing. Temples decrease stability cost and increase population growth and are generally neat.

Dkx8E6c.jpg

Things are generally good in Sino-Mongol Qing dynasty land, but our economy is struggling a bit. This doesn't really help.

ZWn0BpW.jpg

And now the years of peace are over. Guess we have to march east, with newfound self-confidence and national unity, and help the Koreans out. Peace out until next time, I've got math to do.

Last edited:
Thanks for the subs. I am sorta making a few quick updates to get things started, so it's nice that you're already on board for this. You can tell your grandchildren that you were there from the beginning.

CHAPTER 3: It's about fighting wars in the eastern parts of the east. And building big boats.
Welcome back. Last time, we dealed with our past, built alliances and built a boat. This time, we're going back to war to help our new allies.

dbcbG6s.jpg

X1ODZ3N.jpg

Despite war breaking out, our stability increases. We take the closest province to us, Liaoxi, then head east to stop an advancing Manchu army.

QZTa3pk.jpg

It doesn't really work. I didn't realise this until later, but part of my problem is actually that my army is too big: or rather, that I have too much cavalry. With 9,000 infantry and 8,000 cavalry, I'm supposed to get the combined arms bonus from being under 50% cavalry: however, my infantry usually gets decimated much quicker than my cavalry and so I fall under the limit about one third through battles. I'm not gonna focus on educating you guys in my AAR, but I thought I should explain why I lost. Plus it was a mountain province. NO I'M NOT BITTER OR ANYTHING

RxvV0ss.jpg

Despite a few early setbacks, the combined forces of Korea, Qing and Wu manages to decimate the Manchus, and a victorious peace is signed. I thought about asking for Liaoxi, but that 10 infamy seemed like a bit too much for just one province.

To8yul3.jpg

Since Wu helped us and the Koreans in the war, I thought I should cancel that mission I had to attack them. However the game seemed determined that I should do it, so whatever.

gcouODd.jpg

The opportunity arrives about one and a half years later, as Wu gets embroiled in a war against the Min and the Chu. Korea cancels their alliance with Wu, which was another reason I was reluctant to attack them. Now they seem ripe for the taking.

q5OxmlY.jpg

The Wang is dead, long live the Wang. He's a pretty good fighter too.

sr0SD2z.jpg

If I'd be roleplaying, I'd say Oljei wanted to go to war to prove his worth and seize glory for Qing. I'm not, so I'm just gonna be honest and say we're attacking them because they won't be able to put up any resistance and I want Nanjing. Plus, we need some coastline to secure our legacy as a boat-producing nation.

SmV1ddH.jpg

The war was generally uninteresting so this is all you'll get. Wu had been reduced to three counties - Nanjing, Shanghai and Huai'an - and all I did was just roll in and annex them.

ncDHtBg.jpg

Two months later, we set our sights on a new target. The small state of Jin is having internal problems and won't be much of a fight. I guess it'd be more interesting to read if I took on some powerhouse like Quighar, but meh. Sometime when I'm more prepared.

cNUlwnh.jpg

Both of Jins allies abandon them. In september, the Major Power trigger sets off which is pretty neat. That research popup in the middle might look more important, but really, I'm not switching away from Despotic Kingdom anytime soon.

cGmZCGB.jpg

Their capital capitulates and Jin gives in. I didn't take a screenshot of my victory screen for some reason. You'll just have to trust me.

7sQm2Yv.jpg

Shu wants me to attack Kangsu with them. Kangsu is interesting because it's muslim yet can throw in its hat for Chinese unification. I don't know if it forces them to abandon islam like we were forced to abandon tengri, though. Still, muslim China would be cool. I guess Zheng He would feel more welcome. We get our butt handed to us by Quighar in one battle and then they offer a white peace.

S9Tv2Qz.jpg

Our first step towards ruling the seas, like the mongols should.

ij1jAlw.jpg

We do a centralization move. I think I should have opted for innovative, really, but whatever. Modernizing would be good but it's not #1 shining priority like it would be if I was playing native americans. On the other hand, EU3Plus makes it literally impossible for native americans to modernize, so there's that.

rPsNhO4.jpg

An event robs me of one stability, but luckily I'm not too far from an increase. I basically only research stability because the immense neighbour bonus dwarfs any investment I could make anyway.

2uK6mDX.jpg

And the episode ends the same way as the other one did, eleven years earlier: We march east to help Korea against Manchu. Oh, those warmongering Koreans. Peace out until next time and feel free to leave suggestions, aside from suggestions that I should put more effort into this AAR.

Currently I'm pumping out episodes just to get started. I understand if none of you wants to read a 3-part AAR, especially when each episode takes like 5 minutes to read... if even that.

Anyway:

CHAPTER 4: It's about accepting those who are like you. And more war in the east.
Hi again. Last time, we got called back into war in the east by the Koreans. In this chapter we'll attack them and teach them a lesson. Nothing about boats or Estonia in this episode though. Sorry.

JWtlLyT.jpg

As we roll off to war, we apparently run out of tea. This makes the populace a bit angry, but our revolt risk is overall pretty low except in Nanjing and Shanghai, but that's because of their Separatist sentiment and we can't do much about that.
XJZXJqr.jpg

After one battle and one siege, we peace out for Liaoxi. I know it's a bit mean to leave the Koreans like this, but they'll manage.
gQge8bG.jpg
zIQHMS0.jpg

We get news of a boundary dispute in 1425. In case you don't see where Changzi is, it's right to the left of Jin, the light blue state. It's not the richest province but it'd be nice to have. Qin has the potential to grow pretty strong since they have claims on almost all of Kangsu, so it'd be good if we could cripple them a bit before that happens. We declare war in December. Korea abandons them, but Min (green guys on the coast) and Nan Han (bright purple in Guangzhou) come to their aid.

I7eOi5g.jpg
U7TF7cC.jpg

Battles are pretty fierce, but eventually we come out on top. Chu peaces out early and establish a new Wu state. We take Changzi and one more province, just cause we can and the Sino-Mongols do whatever they feel like.

FYS7ogf.jpg

Wang dead, new Wang rolls into town. 4-3-4 is not the best but at least it's not 3-3-3 y'know?

vEEeMtW.jpg

After a few years of peace, A Mini-Wang is born. He has better stats, so that's good. Note the map of Korea and Manchu: all the gains that the koreans made were lost to rebellions. Seems like we might have to help them out.

evR3SBB.jpg

Our mission is to annex Jin but it doesn't work. Ah well. They're small and might as well remain vassals.

yMnNtnN.jpg

The independent Chu-aglined Wu state got conquered by Min and now we claim it too. They're probably best off in our glorious empire, but I don't really have the guts to go after Min and its allies just yet.
Instead, I'm thinking of attacking Manchu again, so I enact a certain desicion.

I7IuILZ.jpg

Four stability is pretty heavy, but seeing as I've got three manchu provinces in my country already and might get more it seems smart. Now the question is when I shou-

vy4CCXQ.jpg

Oh okay then

HQgPr6O.jpg

The first year of the war passes with some heavy battles and losses, especially on the Korean side. Even so, the threat of thousands of Manchus rolling in over our borders doesn't seem to phase our population much. That's the spirit!

9coA03I.jpg
MGKGwiu.jpg

The losses become too heavy for the Koreans to bear and they sign a separate peace. They offer an alliance again the next day. I accept, because I'm understanding like that. The alliance will be beneficial. It'll make things easier. I AIN'T BITTER ABOUT YOU GUYS GIVING UP OR ANYTHING

35QjGxX.jpg
4bTgaNO.jpg

Anyway, after a few important victories and some occupations, we take three provinces from the Manchu. The revolt risk in them won't be as bad now that their culture is accepted.

ojIJb9H.jpg
9bpSHnd.jpg

Soon afterwards Shu wants our help against Kangsu. This is another one of those boring wars, so this is all you'll get. Xi Xia is muslim, so our alliance with them won't last.

And that's it for today, friends. We've made some gains, and eventually we'll push those Manchu sissies into the sea. Bet you guys wish that you knew how to build boats, eh?

This is awesome. Subbed for sure.

Great expansion progress, but since there weren't any references to boats, it wasn't that interesting :p . But please, do continue to unite the world as effortlessly as possible.

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully our expansion will continue. My plan is still sorta kinda to recreate the Mongol Empire. I won't do it if it takes too much effort though.

CHAPTER 5: It's about defending your buddies and war in the west.

And we're back. Last time, we defeated the Manchu and the Kangsu, and in this episode we'll go after some other guys whose names end in u.

wiurAUm.jpg
prEfTTz.jpg

Generic neat stuff happens. I don't know why the boundary dispute event is so common: usually, EU3plus is very very reluctant to hand out cores. I guess the extra infamy and something is supposed to make up for it. Or maybe it's just a bug. I don't know.

0rs4S9M.jpg

We finish our mission to get good relations with Qin, and our next mission is to vassalize the Chu. For a while, they were pretty strong, but by now vassalizing them shouldn't be that hard. Three major competitors have arisen for control of China by this point: it's us in the north, with our big land area to retreat into and the economical cities of Beijing and Nanjing, Shu in the inland with it's defensible mountain provinces and strong army and influence, and Dali in the south with it's strong economic base and buddhist allies. I'm really excited to see how all of this will play out.

3nbU5Ot.jpg

And we get an opportunity to soon. Shu attacks Xi Xia, and while we don't really like them we should still help them. Just the stability hit is enough for me to go for Xia.

giN7vUt.jpg

He're a cool map of who we're fighting. Chu and Wuyue decides to join the Shu, for which I hope I can punish them. The grey lines on our territory represents uncored land, while green lines on gray means areas that we claim.

XWMuMda.jpg

Slider move. This time I picked innovation. I'm still not entirely keen on modernizing but faster tech is always neat.

C8cLDOZ.jpg

We win a battle against the Shu but we get pretty beat up. I think I'm either falling behind in tech or not having good enough leaders. I know that ours are pretty much equal in this battle but I could have better.

wOlT9gR.jpg

We make some wins in the Shu mainland and some losses on the coast to Chu, but suddenly Xi Xia peaces out. Come on guys, we can win this!

PbOdd52.jpg

Yeah, this is a pretty bad screen to use for showing what's going on, but whatever. While things are okay against Shu, the Chu are making advancements on the coast that we have to stop. They're getting close to Beijing by now.

PCYCvod.jpg
HIEzgN2.jpg

After having their advance stopped and their army broken, Chu decides to leave the war. Wuyue, never really having been involved, follows suit. Now we can focus on breaking Shu!

nxGGx1q.jpg

Without her allies, Shu becomes an easier nut to crack. We take her money and allies and leave her to be broken some other day.

Azcu4r1.jpg
FTJblv8.jpg

And after all of this, we decide to once again extend a hand of friendship to the Tanguts. Even if they had to concede, they will be useful allies for upcoming plans. A new, experienced general will help too. His name would sort of imply that he is from Xi Xia, so if I was roleplaying I'd say he was a Tangut general who was dissatisfied with their performance and invited to serve for our Wang instead, but I'm not so I'm just gonna say it's a cool random generated name.

I hope you're okay with todays update being a little short, because I've got more plans coming up and I'll get you a nicer episode by the weekend. Until then, peace out.

CHAPTER 6: NO TIME FOR THIS LETS ROLL, THERE ARE BOATS THO DON'T WORRY

ALRIGHT WE GOT SOME SERIOUS WARMONGERING INCOMING HERE SO LETS GET TO IT

vyRoCkD.jpg

JURCHEN INDEPENDENCE? NAH

er3kJOx.jpg

COWARDS ARE ABANDONING THEIR LANDS, GETTING WHOOPED ANYWAY

kuc4U61.jpg

MONGOL NAVY REPRESENTZ, BLOWING PUNY JURCHEN NAVY OUT OF THE WATER - LITERALLY

On1J7BS.jpg

MANCHURIAN STATUS: DISHONORED AND DEPRIVED OF LAND

OAOOg7W.jpg

NEXT UP: GOING AFTER THE WESTENERS, XIA BROS GOT OUR BACKS

1012iEs.jpg
rKV0owd.jpg

CAPTIAL CAPTURED

rreXbKO.jpg

wha -

h1uAlQz.jpg

but -

brI39qb.jpg

no

Est1xmL.jpg

okay Wang is dead I think we should just end this

I peace out a few months later for 25 ducats.

So yeah, what I thought would be an easy win turned out to be a tough loss. Quighar was at war with Sibir when I DOW'd them, however they quickly peaced out and got their allies to help them. Also, Xi Xias behaviour may have had a small effect on the outcome of the war. I'm not one to hold grudges, I'll be sure to handle this in a way that best represents the interests of the Tangut.

Lsef3zw.jpg

pzsaFG3.jpg

A few years later, an independent Wu appears in Heifei. We annex them - for free even since we have a core there.

NpMQjfo.jpg

More southron ambitions: We have a mission to vassalize Chu, so yeah. Time to get to it. We don't have to worry about Korea siding with them because we're already cooperating in a war against some indian country I don't care about so Chu can't ask them for help. Qin can be tough though.

pp67Kzo.jpg

This is the desicive battle, Qins army is chased down after this. Maybe my tech disadvantage is starting to show or something but it really feels like I shouldn't lose so many men. Then again this is a chinese war and they were historically terrifyingly bloody so eh

YYsq3ME.jpg

Hanyang is captured and Chu concedes. Our grip on China is strengthening. Qin accepts peace, we just ask them to uncore the two provinces we took from them and give up their alliances. Neat, neat.

2E4fDHm.jpg

Unfortunately, our infamy is really large at the moment, so we have to cool down the pace for a while. The mission will help though.

x06Kuzp.jpg

Oh dammit

xFD2dEM.jpg

The episode ends on a good note, at least. We hire a decent diplomat to help us deal with our infamy. Also, interesting news from the south: Dai Viet has thrown its hat in for Chinese unification. This gives them a unique casus belli on everyone in China, just like the ones we have. I was thinking of doing a Dai Viet playthrough before I settled for Mongols. It's cool to see them do well even if this means we have to vassalize them to unify China.

Peace out, see you next time.

EU3+ is my favourite mod and Azeri scenario China is probably my favourite region to play in, there's so much going on, tons of different options to choose from (Tengris, Muslims, native Chinese and SE Asian 'interlopers' all play quite differently) and once you've finished the unification wars it's just the start of the game proper as you're usually stuck with poor tech and/or terrible administrative efficiency just as the Europeans start knocking. The Mongols are probably my favourites, though :)

Good AAR, keep the updates coming, you will have a mighty navy one day I'm sure :p

Yeah, EU3+ is fun, isn't it? It actually provides for a pretty different experience from vanilla EU3 or Miscmod EU3, which is what I've played the most.

Anyway:

CHAPTER 7: It's about competent leadership and thoughtful consolidation. No, really.

Welcome back. Last time, we went warmongering. This time, we won't.

A4f4v5H.jpg

With this economy, we wouldn't be able to anyway. I put two carracks on production without thinking and I had to raise my inflation a bit. Ah well, no biggie.

AxrcQ15.jpg

The mongols are adapting Confucianism. I haven't bothered to convert provinces because of three reasons: one, missionaries are really expensive. Two, Confucianism has pretty lenient penalties against heathens. Three, Tengriism is pretty cool.

sm7Qs7G.jpg
pA0AbQs.jpg

Bad news in the east. Huge amounts of rebellions in the former Xi Xia territories. Right now it's split between me, Qin and Quighar - there's like 35000 dudes running around between the three provinces. At least they're determined.

CYcPcyn.jpg

A few years pass by. Not a lot of notable things happen. I liked those guys a bit, even if we kept pounding on them. Then, this happens - Shu isn't our closest, most dear ally (that'd be the Koreans, those dudes are awesome) but we'll run and help them.

buAjFR5.jpg

New Wang. Not too bad stats, really. In the background, you can see the glorious Sino-Mongol navy under the leadership of Tianfu move in to attack a Pegu fleet.

FO1Lcay.jpg

Doesn't work out all that well. I need to dedicate to building a bigger navy - it just takes a lot of money and I keep prioritizing other things.

7bwis9p.jpg

Still, Pegu peaces out once the Koreans move their fleet in. We keep advancing against Qin and enact a neat little desicion. Feels very Mongol. There's been too much China and too little Mongol recently.

8OZOU2I.jpg

After we beat up Qin, Dali doesn't feel like playing anymore. Really, there's not a lot I want from them right now except that island so whatevs.

4wVugiS.jpg

News from Japan. The Ikko-Ikki are doing suprisingly well. It'd be fun to see a republican Japan but I'm not getting my hopes up.

4taPXe8.jpg

Xi Xia declares independence and legions of angry Tangut swell over into mine and Qins borders. I peace out early, which turns out to be stupid since Xi Xia goes bankrupt really fast and disbands them all. Small net gain for Qin, but eh.

iups0yI.jpg

Oh my god this is good we're on level 9 in Goverment now yes yes yes oh man I am so excited

agyKtae.jpg

YES

Patron of the Arts is a bit overpowered in Vanilla - in EU3+, it's a necessity. There's no commission painting desicor anything of the sort in EU3+ - all you're left with is to wait. With PotA, you can get a five or six star advisor once every like fifteen years instead of one every fifty. It's amazing.

DELKIYg.jpg

SPEAKING OF AMAZING

Nanjing and Shanghai now pays full tax. Our economy will run much smoother now!

D7VOYW1.jpg

Wang is dead, mini Wang is too young. For the first time, we have to deal with regency.

4FZhsrf.jpg

This doesn't mean the end of war for Qing, though, as Shu drags us into another conflict. There's no Borjigin at the front this time, but we're managing okay anyway.

jGE1nBE.jpg

After a few years of war, Min drops out after getting pounded by us. Our new mission is to vassalize them - shouldn't be too hard.

ErWAe1e.jpg

Jurchens are gone. Korea looks a bit funny.

TFlyxYU.jpg

And this episode ends with peace - 15 ducats is nothing but we have nothing to gain from staying in the fight anyway. Besides, the north is having some serious problems with rebels, so I'd rather deal with that.

That's it for now, see ya next time.

CHAPTER 8: It's about revolts, war in the east, and the end of an era.

Welcome back. Last time, we consolidated our hold on Northern China. This time, we'll continue that process and go warring in the west and south.

ISiBmAd.jpg

This is the situation in the North at the moment. War exhaustion and instability is making the Northerners discontent. Hopefully the North will remember how good we've been for them. Jurchen nationalists are also rolling over into our borders from Korea.

DS0P7UH.jpg
iXHnJJ2.jpg

In 1476, our stability increases and by 1478 the situation is mostly under control.

mgW0y3w.jpg

in 1479, our regency ends and Huangqing ascends to the throne. That personality modifier is actually pretty bad because it means we'll have a tougher time with the Tengriists. He still has good stats though.

zSMqAsD.jpg

Later that year our stability increases. You also get a bonus look on our advisors. Dian is very expensive per month but that Land Maintenance reduction really makes up for it. More land tech is good too.

79AV58k.jpg

We attack Dali, the Buddhist chinese state that has recently waned dramatically in power, losting wars to Shu and Dai Viet. They still hold the island of Hainan - I intend to take it as a naval base.

uHqSqxe.jpg

As usual, fighting is heaviest in the nearby Qin lands. We get a nice event.

2Pdque0.jpg

War ends. While we didn't gain Hainan, we did manage to cripple Qin diplomatically, gain prestige and loot some cities for gold. Overall, a good war.

kQdPWbM.jpg

Dian is worth his weight in gold. Cool dude.

lkpP5kh.jpg

After a significant upsizing of our army, we go after our next target: the small state Min on the southern coast of China. Won't be a big deal.

djHcI8Q.jpg

Qin takes the most of the fight once again, but both Dali and Tibet peace out early. Min gives in in 1484.

vo1IIUk.jpg

One more step towards Innovation. The event is unrelated, but hey, 25 ducats!

JcHdMXo.jpg

We get cores on some Jurchen provinces. Our hold in the North is now fully consolidated.

pQrUEnN.jpg

We integrate Chu, much like we integrated Jin before. The free cores are neat.

8H6nG9V.jpg

We get a new mission. Quighar is pretty strong, and it'd be good if we could downsize them to secure our western borders.

syIrRJ5.jpg

We attack. Our new mission becomes to vassalize Wuyue, which I plan to do anyway so yeah.

BSJMwqm.jpg

Fighting in the steppes is bloody, and the long distance between the holdings takes it toll on the troops. Eventually, an advance is secured, and our troops move for Uighuristan.

xJTqVwM.jpg

Quighar morale is low after the loss of thier capital. Their main army is crushed in Kuruk Tag - after this, all resistance is gone.

7bqBo3T.jpg

Quighar is forced to surrender their northern provinces to the Oirats. The mongols rejoice in the liberation of their nomad brothers.

QJWmGhB.jpg

The Conquests in the south continue. War is declared on Wuyue. The Koreans, our longtime allies, grow worried of our rise to Great Power and betray us. Fighting in the South is bloodier than any war in Qing history - most other Chinese states rally against us, with even faraway states such as Taungu sending troops to contain the Mongol threat. A suspicious hunting accident takes the life of Zhenyou, heir to the throne.

Then, on the day that war is over, The nineteenth of June 1493, an era ends in the state of Qing.

Welcome back. Last time, we went fighting in the south and I left you with a cliffhanger. This time... You're gonna have to hear some bad news.

CHAPTER 9: It's about installing a new dynasty. Yup, that's the cliffhanger.

Rest in peace, Borjigin dynasty. You were cool.

Our new king is one Dade I Qing. I like to imagine that he's some mongolian warlord who beat the other contenders and now styles himself as Qing. He's pretty good militarily at least.

NVO6iC9.jpg
sky8PQQ.jpg

He's not very respected, though. Our low legitimacy causes revolts throughout the country. We hire a grand marshal to fabricate some cool backstory for our Dade.

ofebBbL.jpg

He does a good job, at least. Seems like everyone's impressed.

uokZ9NF.jpg

Xi Xia revolts from Qin again, we move in and annex them. I just sorta like having that province, it's rightful Mongol land!

Yng4A4N.jpg

Seeing as how we wanna get full tax out of our rich Wu provinces, it's probably a good idea to not treat them as second-class citizens.

TGmEcgR.jpg

Turns out we're not the only warmongerers in China. Those guys are so going to regret this.

PjVAYvy.jpg
ylbOOrn.jpg
hFLslJR.jpg

Yep, they're probably regretting that decision pretty badly right now.

1D6rUOz.jpg

Our cool army advisor dies. You know, I don't feel bad when the kings die, because the king is 'you' and it's not really tragic, but when an advisor dies I always imagine it's like the king/'you' loses a friend. Especially with Dian, who was in service for many years and was a cool guy. Ah well, this ain't no dramatized AAR so no expanding on that thought. A new good advisor rolls into town and we hire him.

ndM7JP9.jpg

After a few years of building stability and running the state and all that boring stuff, we integrate Wuyue. We're getting big. We're hit by a bit of overextension, but it's okay because 1. Overextension has different degrees in EU3Plus and we're currently not that badly overextended and 2. We're Sino-Mongols and we do whatever we want.

WrnvhqK.jpg

And now it's time to go after Shu. We're close to getting that Mandate of Heaven and there's no slowing down until we're done.

Vt38hFS.jpg

Not much resistance from Shu. Korea peaces out slightly later for minor concessions.

OO728lU.jpg

Check out my new wang. He's not that good, but honestly at this point even a child could run Qing and still beat up all his neighbours.

TXvoC1f.jpg

And yeah. Time to be mean to Qin again. They got kinda crippled by the last war so they won't be a problem.

ItFptAL.jpg
2i9kkA9.jpg

Finally, the Qin is gone. They've been the biggest pain throughout my entire campaign, so it's a real relaxation to just have them as a part of our nation.

1yb1nE9.jpg

Still, we decide to give back the Shu provinces that Qin conquered a while back. Gotta be nice to your vassal.

bh9xJeP.jpg

Feels like all my episodes end with something Dai-Viet related. Dunno why.

Thanks for reading, see ya around. I promise there will be more fun stuff happening soon. Currently we're just rushing to unite China... But maybe something cool will happen down the line? (spoiler alert: something cool will happen down the line)

Peace out.

CHAPTER 10: It's about wars in the south and bad governments.

Welcome back. Last time, we conquered more of China. This time, we'll continue to expand and hopefully unite the Chinese.

PYktoIc.jpg

The war against Dai Viet was boring so this is all you'll get. The Vietnamese are mad cool, so I feel a bit bad about this. Maybe they'll find some other way to ascend to greatness? (HINT: THAT'S FORESHADOWING)

9QYCdqx.jpg

The Oirats want help against the Quighar. They probably don't really need our help but hey, why not.

2eSMBrw.jpg

This ain't too good. We've had a bit of overextension before but this is seriously starting to hurt our income. In EU3Plus it is expected to have a slight overextension if you're big and have low government tech but I still start a campaign for building Government buildings all over China.

soue5gb.jpg

The Oirats break the Quighar pretty easily. Good job, mates.

M3eMZUj.jpg

We go after Nan Han. They probably won't be too tough: after all, they've already been conquered once by the Dali.

mI2jc6O.jpg

Korea move in on the side of Nan Han. We used to be such good friends :(

Also, our advisors are awesome. If I ever do a narrative AAR I'll make it centered around advisors.

fdtNoMK.jpg

Nan Han are defeated and annexed. That island down there, Hainan, might look like it belongs to Nan Han but it's actually held by Dali. It's been largely a rebel base ever since Nan Han became independent, though. Korea white peaces out later.

fdtNoMK.jpg

After a few years of consolidation, construction and peace, the Oirats request our help once again. It's easily won by the Oirats, however the war still matters because it's the first time we come into contact with the Persians, who move in on Quighars side. They have built themselves quite the empire and are moving into indian lands. Maybe they will become one of our rivals in the future. (HINT: THAT'S FORESHADOWING)

VNIJtod.jpg

Our truce with Dali is up. They are the last remaining chinese state resisting Qing rule. They are also very strong compared to Nan Han, Shu and maybe even stronger than our old rival Qin ever was. They hold Tibet in vassalage and have conquered considerable land in the south. This will be a long war.

TWtDEX7.jpg

The war rages on for a long time, but we eventually gain the upper hand, in no small part thanks to the Vietnamese. However, the Dali still manage to win a war that they were fighting at the same time against the small Thai state of Lan Na. This is pretty bad news.

XF7ETy5.jpg

Eventually, the situation ends up being like this. We occupy most of Dali, except some western provinces that are help by Shan nationalists, while Shu fights a long war in Tibet. Dali is too big of a chunk to swallow in one war, so we have to make a limited peace and unify china another day.

zQKXp4E.jpg

Eventually, this is the peace we settle for. The loss of Shan and Tibet will be a big blow to them, and their Thai areas are having revolts.

MgYIb4t.jpg

A few years of peace pass by. As we keep building government infrastructure buildings and smack down rebellions, we try more covert ways to weaken Dali, with some success. Spies are fun but not as effective in EU3Plus as they are in Vanilla.

87Sf3le.jpg

And the epsiode ends with yet another call to war, this time from Siam, a small Thai state that has already taken many beatings from Pegu and Khmer. We're not allied with Siam per se - rather, they are in our sphere of influence, which by now covers a large part of southern Asia and some of central Asia. We wouldn't lose any prestige or relations from saying no to Siam - however, with the vassalization of Dai Viet and the establishment of the Shan state we have a stake in the development of southern Asia. The sino-mongol armies move yet again.

Thanks for reading, Hope you enjoyed it. Stay ttuned for the next episode.

CHAPTER 11: It's about wars and stuff. Also Wangs that die.

Hi again. Last time, we were able to consolidate China a bit and hurt Dali. This time, we can hopefully unify China.

But first, we have to go help Siam.

IJffmmh.jpg

This is what the war situation looks like in the 'diplomatic' map mode. As you can see, our enemies are all minor southern states: they won't be too tough to beat. As a bonus, you can see our uncored provinces - most of old Qin and Nan Han. These areas are especially prone to revolt. Qin is bothering us even after it's dead.

AG381IQ.jpg

Khmer falls early, but our peace with them isn't that interesting. Lan Xang gives us more benefits: the renounciation of those claims on Dai Viet will help stabilize the region. Pegu peaces out a while later for minor concessions.

a6lZOPK.jpg

Wang is dead, long live the Wang. Great military and administrative stats, will come in handy for the final unification wars.

5qxIZxN.jpg

Tianfus high ADM skill lets us pick this decision. I don't know why we'd wanna make a Manchu alphabet seeing as we're not Manchurian, but hey, free prestige and government tech.

0693OfQ.jpg

Tianfu is a real reformer. Free centralization and discipline? Heck yes!

25qwprY.jpg

OH MY GOD YES

This is probably the best event in the game. We get two free innovation moves, equivalent of waiting for forty years. This will let us modernize much earlier and hopefully make us able to keep up with the Persians in tech - the Europeans are already so far ahead that I don't expect to catch up to them in a few hundred years. The revolt risk will just give us something to do until the truce with Dali runs out.

qF8R4zX.jpg

We hire ourselves a new Dian. He's pretty good. That land maintenance modifier really helps our economy.

5hq0u0n.jpg

Other than massive revolts everywhere, not a lot happens in the next few years. Also, rest in peace Tianfu. He really didn't have time to do anything bad - I'll probably remember him as the best Wang of the Qing dynasty. Tianjuan II doesn't look all that bad either though.

9yUs6O8.jpg
hWKdmDa.jpg

In february of 1545, the situation has cooled down. We're ready to go to war for the unification of China... Maybe for the last time?

lCVLvoX.jpg

Dali and her allies can put up quite a fight. Hopefully our losses won't be too big.

otOciQs.jpg

While our armies are fighting an important battle in the mountains of Shan, our magistrates at home are hard at work with improving the government. We can even pick a new idea now!

vLtIh44.jpg

By 1546, Dali is fully occupied. The only remaining army holding out in Shan surrenders. Our unification of China is complete.

3SMoQF1.jpg

Oh man this is really happening oh wow oh oh oh oh

9i0U050.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpyz6MUa1w

WE EMPEROR NOW, LESSER RULERS!

Hopefully this will make our populace happy.

EPODbB7.jpg

Thanks for reading guys, I'll see ya next time.