• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MrT said:
As for modding in EU3...

I see no reason why Paradox would do anything to upset the huge, active modding community.
Me neither... ;)

BiB said:
well, I find them higly moddable at least and there are a lot of mods out there so it can't be all bad.
Yes, at least it could be great to have all moddable stuffs in EU2 to be moddable in EU3 and maybe more...

Some mods (don't search the names too far) represent thousands and thousands hours of work of the Community, what about "portability" for them?

Sorry BiB, always wanted to say that to you ;) :rofl:

But seriously, if Paradox goes 3D on this I would have serious concerns for the modders.

If Paradox wishes to support the Modding community then all Graphics should be created on a free, downloadable Grapics Package that idiots like us can use.

Otherwise, the game could be very un - modder - friendly.

Aren't mods one of the reasons people like Paradox titles in the first place??

It puzzles me how some people seem to have concluded already that EU3 won't be modding friendly. :confused:

How about waiting for more details on the game before complaining about this and that missing?

czar1111 said:

But seriously, if Paradox goes 3D on this I would have serious concerns for the modders.

If Paradox wishes to support the Modding community then all Graphics should be created on a free, downloadable Grapics Package that idiots like us can use.

My guess is that based on the files used in game one should be able to replicate the various graphical elements using standard programs such as Adobe.

So if you are proficient with the basic tools, just make any further creations and add them in - much as say sprites are in the various previous titles.

Hive said:
It puzzles me how some people seem to have concluded already that EU3 won't be modding friendly. :confused:

How about waiting for more details on the game before complaining about this and that missing?

I have concluded nothing.

But, on the run up to another title release we were repeatedly told "the game will be very moddable."

Maybe it is... I don't know... because the files are beyond me... and the Graphics Package I am told I need (from reading on the net) to make sense of it all is very expensive.

czar1111 said:

Well, what Hive said for one.

Secondly a lot of good and very popular mods existed for EU2 and other games without changing even one graphic.