• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1823)

Johan's Home Account
Mar 14, 2001
Requested by the fans, Heir to the Throne is the third expansion to the
preeminent historical strategy game Europa Universalis III. The expansion takes the hugely successful game beyond complete, with improvements across the board:

Features
• Intriguing Casus Belli system, where wars have specific goals from start to finish.
• Monarchs now belong to dynasties, with far reaching effects on the diplomatic model.
• More involving and powerful Holy Roman Empire and Papacy options.
• Special diplomatic options for Republics.
• Set your National Focus in a province to enhance growth and strengthen your hold in the region.
• Permanent Terra Incognita removed and replaced with impassable regions.
• Cultural Tradition allows better advisors in the same way that Military Tradition allows better generals and admirals.
• Spheres of Influence simulate the Great Game of the major powers.
• More dynamic pirates. Issue letters of marque to plague the sea zones of rival nations.
• Monarchs need to uphold their legitimacy in the eyes of their subjects
• Many other additions and improvements.

No stop! EU3 is already perfect! You can't make it anymore perfect! If you do I may never go outside.

EDIT: Will the expansion include an option to export to Vicky 2?

Last edited:
Out of the 3 games announced today, this is the only one i'm interested in. Vicky2 over CK2... (*cries silently*)

But that being said. What an EXPANSION that will be. I'm already sold. I'm wondering if the colonial system will be enhanced or overhauled too?

I <3 Johan.

Will buy!

... Did all of these new titles really get announced at this hour, or have I finally gone mad from sleep deprivation? :eek:

It was announced in Koln. Its now past 9 AM there.

Do you know what Quarter Paradox expects to deliver this very hot piece of product?

Another question. Will the dynastic system mirrors CK or EU:Rome (where you don't get to chose with whom your child get wedded to)?

oh my godd well this was really unexpected!

I know! I wish they would have asked us in some kind of poll-thread where we could discuss ideas or somesuch...

Gonna burn my pocket with this and Vicky 2.:)

:rofl:

At least, that is the kind of expansions that would make everybody wait 2 years so they ended Vicky 2 and this For The Glory game ( oh, what a name... Those are the French initials for " Shut thu F*** up " ).

Question

does it come with EU-NA-IN?:confused:

PLEASE RELEASE IT IN AUSTRALIA!!!!
and any other country that missed out last time:(:(:(:(:(:(

a must buy

I know! I wish they would have asked us in some kind of poll-thread where we could discuss ideas or somesuch...

Well, the poll issued by Johan this summer was a long list of demands from players regarding a possible EU3 expansion. Among which, if I remember correctly, a new dynamic dynastic system and colonization system demands were topping the list.

:rofl:

At least, that is the kind of expansions that would make everybody wait 2 years so they ended Vicky 2 and this For The Glory game ( oh, what a name... Those are the French initials for " Shut thu F*** up " ).

FTG ! mort de rire.

Question

does it come with EU-NA-IN?:confused:

PLEASE RELEASE IT IN AUSTRALIA!!!!
and any other country that missed out last time:(:(:(:(:(:(

a must buy
Hopefully there should be a bundle, maybe known as EU3:deluxe edition~~~:D

Awesome. Thank you very much!