• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have just posted the first set of Russian provinces (west of the Urals), including Moscow.

If you can give it a try (when the Russian tag is ready) so I can have feedback...

Okey dokey... It would be great to have them with the russian tag as well so as to try out how mother Russia looks like.... ;)

I plan to continue today eastwards, at least to reach the Urals

Question:

Noone has ID'id Japan & the Kurils yet????

OK... all Russia west of the Urals and north of the Caucasus is ready and available at the ID thread. I plan to move eastward now. Hope to post more IDs during the weekend....

I've got Japan. Just a moment...

Duplicated EU2 provinces

Guys, the program tells me:

Loading Data\Provinces.txt.
Line 483: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 484: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 485: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 488: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 489: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 490: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 498: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 501: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 502: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 503: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
Line 504: EU2 province ID occurs multiple times!
There were 12 during loading.
857 provinces were loaded.

How can I find out which are the ones????

Edit: Nevermind. I have fixed the duplicates and I'll post the corrections at the Provinces thread...

Last edited:
If you want the EU2 state names to work, you'll have to mod the world_names.csv file in the config folder :)

And, nope - Austria isn't done yet, but I suppose kokmo's is OK?
Can I see a screenshot of kokomo's Austria?

kokomo, I saw your ID updated list. Nice update, and I've replaces it my Provinces.txt etc. I've also added IF's latest country tags, and after testing I'll put up a new central version of Eu2Vic.zip which I advice you to download to see that I haven't forgot anything.

EDIT: I have put up an updated version of Eu2Vic.zip now, just go to the Download page and download at the same link like usual.

Last edited:
G-Klav:

Test the new provinces.txt file Chaingun has provided to give a feedback. I have moved on to Central Asia (siberia) now so feel free to modify & correct anything you feel necessary.

Chaingun

Glad you like the IDs. I considered it was better to post the complete file, since I'd made many alterations, and to avoid confusions I deleted all previous posts.

I have been testing everything under the 1773 scenario (that's my standard pattern). Although in that scenario you will see many blank spaces east of Prussia due to the lack of tags for Poland & Balctic states and in the Caucasus (something Ironfoundersson is currently working on).
To remedy this situation I have converted the 1795 scenario (Napoleon's) and it looks much better, especially since the only remaining caucasian state is Georgia which has its proper tag so you can take a look at how all the western Uralic provinces now belong to Russia

Last night I was working on Siberia and I have made a lot of improvement. I hope to post an update about that tonight (tomorrow for you guys in Europe) so hopefully we would be finishing those ID conversions soon.

One remark:
Last night I saw that the Philippines did not belong to Spain, could it be due to a lack of IDs? If so I'd do them after Siberia. Anyone can pls verify that? Thnx :)

I did a conversion for the Philipines, but Chaingung seems to have accidentally not copied them. They're just above South America in kokomo's last post.

Hmm the Phillipines are not there? I copied kokomo's post straight off... Oh well, I hope I took the right one (so there weren't multiple copies). Anyhow, I'll investigate soon.

EDIT: I noticed the change now and I have updated Provinces.txt and put up a new central version in Eu2Vic.zip accordingly. Once again redownload to get access to Siberian and Phillipinian IDs.

There are 897 EU2 provinces now converted. I will test the conversion using a MP game which has colonized the whole EU map so as to see which provinces in Victoria are still pending.

After the provinces are over, what's next?

Chaingun said:
EDIT: I noticed the change now and I have updated Provinces.txt and put up a new central version in Eu2Vic.zip accordingly. Once again redownload to get access to Siberian and Phillipinian IDs.

Guys, I have converted the Siberian provinces according to resource importance in 80% of the cases and after that to geographical criteria. Any comments are welcome

kokomo - I see that after conversion Mongolia area are belonging to Russia. As I understand in Eu2 this territory is Terra Incognita. Maybe it's better due to historical and geographical reasons to give it to China? Just a suggestion:)

PZF:

We have tried hard as possible to maintain Terra Incognita's as empty territory free for colonizing (check SouthAmerica or Africa) but in Asia we have faced the difficulty of so many EU provinces with few Victorian ones. Thus it may not correspond strictly, geographically speaking.

But if you wanna do us a favor, can you please tell us which province you think should be re-considered? For instance: Victorian province XXX should be EU province ZZZ

kokomo - I just glanced at the Eu2 map. Maybe it's not good from historical point of view, but ok from geographical one:) So, let's left "Urga" and "Ude" (Victoria's names) as it is.

But I propose to remove the string "609 "Molotcha" 1098" from Siberia block (i.e. convert Molotcha to nothing) and add Baotou (Vic's #1098) to the next string (since it's definetely the Chinese province):

1561 "Hohohot" 1105 #Suiynan

and get something like the following:

1561 "Hohohot" 1105 1098 #Suiynan Baotou

BTW, could you change Orensburg name to Orenburg? It's the correct one. Actually there are some more misspellings in Russian city names, but I think it came from Paradox:) Will these changes affect anything or they just for easy finding? If they do not affect you can left it:)

Kokomo: As an answer to your question "What's next after ID conversion?" all I can say it is mainly a joint process of design dicussion and programming efforts. Eg. we need to discuss what further elemenets to convert (which is already being done to some extent), and then I need to implement them. There is not so much raw data that needs to be converted any longer; perhaps I will find some area where for example technology conversion tables have to be created or something. Until then there is nothing to do other than double checking and improving existing IDs/tags I'm afraid.

Coding-wise I now have to clean up my code a bit. Its current state is rather messy (at least the converter specific code). Once this is done I will start to implement these new features that are discussed.

OK. I'll stand by until you scream for help.

Till then I'll keep on re-shaping territories and correcting ID's.

I have added to the provinces thread an EDIT update of what changes I've made so as you to be aware of. This way any time I correct something I'll let you know (it's in yellow) so you can modify the provinces.txt file