• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I need some help

I have recently downloaded the EU2Vic converter but I can't get it to work. I have both EU2 and Vic with the latest patches, if that matters. All subfolders have the necessary files and the program does start up without problems. However, when I pic a file to convert, Napoleon's Ambition, the program simply tells me it cannot convert the file. Please help me, as I have some work I would like to add to the 18th Century mod. Thanks in advance.
MD

Seidita said:
may be because it is a scenerio you are trying to ocnvert rather than a save game? THat may be it (but don't quote me ;) )

DOH! That was fast. I started the scenarions, saved it, and wouldn't u know it...it works! Thanks a million :D

Ok, I have another question. After succesfully converting from EU2 to Vikki one glaring problem has come up. I cant buil land units.

The manpower is there, ditto with the resources and cash needed for the units. However, the graphic for a manowar ship shows up in the land unit dialog, where you would see the pic of either inf. or cav. I drag down the button where you can choose from infantry and the cav. types, and nothing's there. Building ships is no problem, but recruiting armies is impossible; aside for mobolizing ofcourse.

Oh, almost forgot, there is no problem with recruiting armies if I start any of the Vikki scenarions. It only happens with converted save-game files. Any help will be appreciated.

merlin2199 said:
Ok, I have another question. After succesfully converting from EU2 to Vikki one glaring problem has come up. I cant buil land units.

The manpower is there, ditto with the resources and cash needed for the units. However, the graphic for a manowar ship shows up in the land unit dialog, where you would see the pic of either inf. or cav. I drag down the button where you can choose from infantry and the cav. types, and nothing's there. Building ships is no problem, but recruiting armies is impossible; aside for mobolizing ofcourse.

Oh, almost forgot, there is no problem with recruiting armies if I start any of the Vikki scenarions. It only happens with converted save-game files. Any help will be appreciated.

Most likely it is because you don't have the techs to build any ground units.
The land tech level in EU2 determines what you get when you convert over to Vicky.
In Vicky I believe you need 'Flintlock Rifles' just to build Native divisions.
Not sure what the requirement is for Militia (Post-Napoleanic Thought, maybe?).
I played a converted game as China - China started as an independant nation!
I figured 'Great! - don't have to bother with civilizing - I will rule the world!'.
Lo and behold, I had no army techs and very few other techs - couldn't even build militias.
I think uncivilized China in vanilla Vicky had more techs than I did in this game..... :(

- j

Thank you so much jrb001. I will try increasing the land techs for the majors and see if that helps.
MD

I was looking through the readme at the political reforms bit, and i thought that a bit of it was slightly upside down:

Code:
-press_rights: Default value is "state_press". If serfdom > 7 and centralization > 8 you get "free_press".
Else if serfdom > 5 and centralization > 5 you get "censorship".

So, if you keep your people in chains, then you get free press?

Also the voting conversion seemed a bit contradictory, again high serfdom=better voting rights.

All this creates some intriguing effects, for example, the Russian democracy, whose last events in EU2 had been "keep the people in chains" and "No liberal reforms".

It seems to me that the arrow should be reversed, or maybe I am missing something?

(This is a repost from another thread in this forum, as it wasn't answered in 7 months, and maybe there is a higher chance here, also, could I modify it myself?)

Ironfoundersson said:
It should be reversed, I don't know if it is a readme typo or also in the code.
It is in the code, it really irritated me, with my ultra-liberal China, seeing myself as an absloute monarchy, and Russia as a democracy.

Anyone could change the code or just actual coders ?

Hej. Some problems appeared due to converting:
Ok, I played CK with the nice county of Oldenburg and thru the game I made it the Kingdom of Aragon.
I converted it into EUII and later into Vic. The problem was, that Oldenburg was German and Aragon as well, but in Vic Catalonia had Catalan, Spanish and Basque as state culture, whereas almost all my Pops were North German.

jakob_stern said:
Hej. Some problems appeared due to converting:
Ok, I played CK with the nice county of Oldenburg and thru the game I made it the Kingdom of Aragon.
I converted it into EUII and later into Vic. The problem was, that Oldenburg was German and Aragon as well, but in Vic Catalonia had Catalan, Spanish and Basque as state culture, whereas almost all my Pops were North German.
The converter does not convert state cultures. You have to manually edit countries.txt.