• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chaingun

Field Marshal
47 Badges
Jul 15, 2002
  • Knights of Honor
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
If you have anything you would like to tell us related to Eu2Vic, please post here. This can include bug reports, although I'm not entirely sure whether this is the right place for them. (I certainly hope I'm not creating too many threads now :D.)

Last edited:
Countries missing

Hi.

Great work so far. Just converted and loaded your testgame1 file. It seems like half of Europe is missing. No Poland, Russia, China or Japan. But you probably already now this.

Keep up the good work!

I was thinking... why don't we state once a week, for instance:
  • What are we currently working at
  • What is our status
  • Estimated time for completion
  • Next steps

So we can keep a record of which persons are actively working and what are they doing.

I was thinking of Friday for the day of the update...

I don't really like plans; one can never predict what will happen (both in real life and especially in programming with unexpected errors). I think it is possible to get a clear idea what the next release contains only by reading the latest posts in either thread.

Chaingun said:
I don't really like plans

I wish I could say that to my boss!!! :D

Anyway, seriously, it was just to keep a track of the work we are all doing... :)

I have just downloaded EU2VIC and expanded it into its own directory. I have been hoping for something like this, and just now saw this thread. I wish to test EU2VIC. Let me know what else I might do.

Can I point it at any saved EU2 game file and expect a reasonable conversion? ...or does it only work with the files provided?

-iGenovese

It should work with any EU2 save game - though there are no guarantees. The main issue currently is that countries that are converted have may have their capitals in areas that have not been converted - thus resulting in crashes. However, this should not be a problem with any of the standard scenarios (excluding Fantasia...).

A nice idea, I just converted a game.

Europe.jpg

But there are very few nations

just tried it out and must compliment you on your work. it is amazing.

converted my save game as croatia (which i made by converting my ck save game). first it didn't work since you haven't added croatia yet, but i figured out how to add it myself and then it converted my game nicely. and there it was. :)

one question: this converter won't be fully compatible with vip? since some tags are different in the original version.

anyway, when you complete map and country coding and economy/pop transformation this will truly be an impressive tool.

one possible bug with the header, when i converted first (before adding the CRO tag) i couldn't load the scenario since it did not allow me to pick any country (the countries which are ussualy offered as default did not exist). look into the selectable routine and the default countries offered to play routine

Well if they did not exist than they do not get converted... I can't really do much about it as the plan is that most countries will get converted than can be converted. Still this issue might appear again and again (mainly related to world conquest etc.).

It's good when you see people outsode from us "developers" getting compliments on the project :) So keep 'em coming folks! ;)

By the way, it looks great so many european countries are in and been converted without any "major" problems...

Chaingun, can you post an img of a standard 1773 Europe scenario to see how it looks like?

Thnx

Chaingun said:
Well if they did not exist than they do not get converted... I can't really do much about it as the plan is that most countries will get converted than can be converted. Still this issue might appear again and again (mainly related to world conquest etc.).

you misunderstood me, non existant countries should not get converted, the problem was, that if they don't exist victoria does not allow you to pick any country and you can't start the scenario

(ie. after my ck game and a few decades of eu2, croatia was the only european country, and because the 8 default did not exist and there was no tag for croatia yet i couldn't pick between countries that got converted and couldn't start the scenario) it is a weird, but a possible bug, and it's elimination should not be all that complicated, add all existing countries as selectable, and add the first 8 selectable as offered.

I think I did understand you, as the problem with no selectable countries might occur during World Conquest. However, I will not spend time with extra coding on this issue for now, rather I will rely for the users of the converter to edit their resulting Victoria scenarios if they are non-playable. It is quite easy to simply add a XXX = { } in the header where XXX is the country available for selection.

Hey Chaingun, Lord Asharak, Ironfoundersson, G-Jlav and other active testers...

do you have MSN Messenger? or ICQ? I can give you my # if you want that way we can have a "chat" if needed...

Have a nice sunday... :)