• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
M

montyP

Q: What is EU2Vic?

A: EU2Vic is a savegame conversion utility that makes you prolong your games from Europa Universalis 2
to the Victorian era.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How do I use EU2Vic?

A: Start EU2Vic.exe. Choose if you want the population to be converted by checking the box (if not,
Vic GC pop is used). Click "Convert" and you will be prompted a EU2 file to convert. After that you
will be prompted a Victoria file name to save the converted game to. Move the converted file to the
"Scenario" folder or the "save games" folder. Start Victoria and you should be able to load the
converted game.

eu2vic.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What is vanilla version?

A: Vanilla version is when no mods are used to the game. Official patches from Paradoxcan be applied
and the game is still considered to be vanilla.

Q: Which versions of EU2 does the converter support?

A: The converter supports all vanilla versions of EU2.

Q: Which versions of Victoria does the converter support?

A: The converter supports only vanilla version 1.03 or higher of Victoria. This has to do with POP
conversion. Patch 1.03 introduces a number of new cultures to victoria. These new cultures are used by
the converter. If versions 1.00 - 1.02 of Victoria are used there will be a loading error in Victoria
when trying to load a converted game with POP conversion applied.

Q: Which versions do you suggest I use when converting?

A: Recommended; vanilla EU2 1.08 or higher (1.08 is the one used during testing) to vanilla Victoria 1.03c
or higher (1.03c is the one used during testing).

Q1: My country got merged with another country, how come?

Q2: Can I add a new country so that it converts correctly?

A1: There are not enough country tags in Victoria to convert all countries 1:1 from EU2 to Victoria. That's
why some countries have to be merged with others for the converter to work. Otherwise these countries would
be left unconverted, and that would mean that their provinces would be uncolonized after a conversion.

A2: Yes. This is done in the "Country.txt" file and you must use one of the UXX tags. Remove the line
from the mother_merge_table section that has your EU2 country tag in it. Add a new line to the
tag_conversion_table section with [your EU2 country tag] = [the UXX tag you are using]. Add a UXX section at
the bottom of the file specifying culture etc. Then add flags, parties and change the lines in "worldnames.csv"
and "country.csv" all according to pimparels "Even More Dumber's Guide to Make Your Own Country"
(http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133707). Now your country is not merged any more!

Q: Why does some countries convert strangely when I convert from EU2 AGCEEP?

A: Some mods change the country tags. For it to work from a modded game change how the EU2 country
tags convert in the "Country.txt" file.

Q: Why does some countries convert strangely when I convert to Victoria VIP?

A: Some mods change the country tags. For it to work to a modded game change how the Vic country
tags convert in the "Country.txt" file.

Q: Why does some cultures convert strangely when I convert from EU2 AGCEEP?

A: Some mods change the cultures in EU2. For it to work from a modded game change how the EU2 cultures
convert in the "Cultures.txt" file.

Q: Why does some cultures convert strangely when I convert to Victoria VIP?

A: Some mods change the cultures in Vic. For it to work from a modded game change how the Vic cultures
convert in the "Cultures.txt" file.

Q: In versions before 1.02 when I played Sweden and had captured Norway, Norway got Swedish culture
after conversion and now it gets Norwegian. How come?

A: In version 1.02, and later of the converter, Victoria population that belongs to the same EU2
culture is not assimilated anymore per default. The user can however redefine a modifier in
"Cultures.txt" called 'assimilate_pop' and make them assimilate again.

Q: Why is my population so low after conversion?

A: That can depend on two things. One, the game is converted too early. To get a really good population,
a game should be converted around 1820. Two, the provinces in your country has seen a lot of action in
EU2. If a province is raided by enemy forces or rebels population growth is much slower (can even decrease)
and city population is what determines POP size in a converted game.

Q: Is there any way I can increase my population when converting?

A: Yes there is! In version 1.02 and later of the converter, there is a general population modifier in
the file "Cultures.txt" called pop_mod that can be increased (or decreased). Maximum value of the modifier
is 9.9 and minimum value is 0.1. Default value is 1.

Q: Why do I not have as much tech apps as I should?

A: To get really good tech apps you need to have all or at least almost all techs in EU2. One reason you
get low tech is that you converted too soon. The converted Victoria game is like a footprint of your EU2
game, so convert late (around 1820) if you want as many techs as possible.

Q: Is there any way I can increase my technology when converting?

A: Yes there is! In version 1.02 and later of the converter, there is a general technology modifier in
the file "Cultures.txt" called tech_mod that can be increased (or decreased). Maximum value of the modifier
is 9.9 and minimum value is 0.1. Default value is 1.

Q: My borders after a conversion does not look like they should?

A: The provinces in Victoria do not map the provinces in EU2 1:1, but the converter tries as closely
as possible to convert them correctly. There can very well be some errors here and there as it is pretty
hard to get it all perfect. The information on how they convert is found in the file "Provinces.txt".
Here you can change which EU2 provinces should become which Victoria provinces if the borders really bugs
you.

Q: I'm missing a few cultures in some provinces. Is there a way to add more cultures?

A: Yes there is! This is done in two steps. One, open the file "Provinces.txt" and add a EU2 province nr at
the bottom of the file. This new EU2 province nr must be over 2000 (this is very important, else the actual
province conversion can falter). Then assign the Victoria province id(s) you want your new culture to be in
after a conversion. Two, open "Cultures.txt" and at the bottom of the province_culture section use the EU2
province nr you used in step one. There you assign it a culture and a religion. Now your newly added culture
will appear in specified provinces after a conversion. If you want more POPs (the default nr is 2000-4000 in
every Victoria province that were specified previously, depending on if it's the first Victoria province in
your id list or not) you can use the "extra" tag. What it does is multiply the number you put with 2000-4000.

Q: The program does not start. A message come up saying "Error! Failed to locate "Data\[XXX].txt". What's
wrong?

A: Most likely your zip program did not unpack the subfolders. There should be two folders in the folder
where your converter is located (Data and Events) after unzip. In the Data folder the files "Countries.txt",
"Cultures.txt", "Factories.txt", "Headers.txt", "Includes.txt", "Provinces.txt" and "States.txt" should be
located for the program to be able to start.

Q: Is there a description on how the conversion process works?

A: Yes there is! The most up to date version can be found at http://victoria.nsen.ch/wiki/index.php/EU2Vic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work! this thread should probably be stickied.
I saw that you repeated some sentences in you post.
Might wanna edit them out.

Sleepyhead said:
Great work! this thread should probably be stickied.
I saw that you repeated some sentences in you post.
Might wanna edit them out.

Thanks! About the questions, they are not the same only similar questions (looks quite alike though) about different topics.

Cheers
Monty :)

montyP said:
Thanks! About the questions, they are not the same only similar questions (looks quite alike though) about different topics.

Cheers
Monty :)
Oh sorry,
cultures/countries :p
My eyes hurt a 'lilbit today.