• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's peculiar, I've never had any problems with PER - PER conversion (and the Safavids were very much alive and kicking in three of the AGCEEP games I used for extensive conversion testing recently). Any more details you could share about this file corruption?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5914458&postcount=56

Same error as here. For some reason I really think it has to do with the tag PER owning the provinces that convert as Baghdad and Hillah or somesuch...I think I'll try converting a game and seeing if I still has this error.

edit: I may cry, the EU2:Rev converter works. Ornyal e Asdvadz! Blessed is God! :eek:

Last edited:
I tryed the converterer with my 1818 game and when i press save nothing happends, not even a load.
I press aboart and i'm informed, the save was aboarted...

There are 33 errors the one's listed are all Unexpected Character Errors.
I tryed the same thing with a early save, and the same thing except there was only 9 errors.

I used AGCEEP 1.52 with a clean 1.09 Eu2 install, the converter 1.03 (same errors with or without the AGCEEP Adjustments)

Anyone know what im dealing with?

Edit:This is all with the converter program, since it did not even make a Vic save.

When that happens (or rather, doesn't happen) it's usually because the historical colonizers (the only countries with a colonizing AI) are extinct or too poor.

MichaelM said:
EU2Vic can be found here. As for the game comparisons, I'm afraid I can't help you, since I don't have any of the ones you mentioned. :(

P.S. Note that the files provided in this thread are for conversion to vanilla Victoria, not VIP.

The link don't work.

"slaves = yes" means that the country has slavery. I've never had any issues with it. :confused:

What version of Victoria do you have?

zlaron said:
My modified data files for AGCEEP 1.52 > Ricky can be downloaded here.

Sweet work - I have just converted a fun game from AGCEEP 1.52 and am pretty damn happy with the results.

However converting a save from 1771 and checking my new scenario in VR one anomaly leapt out - Russia has a pop of only 12 million! Much less than the 6 European powers (Spa, Fra, Eng, Hol, Hab and Byz) who have a respectable 15-30 million. China has >400 million.

Now Russia in my EU2 game isn't the power it could be but is still a fairly major so this surprised me.

I therefore have the following questions.

Is this just a result of my savegame? or has Anybody else got v low russian population in a savegame conversion

I assume pop in Eu2 is approximately proportional to that in Vic? If so I can just count them by hand in Eu2 and see how that compares

Could it be that some culture types are not converting?

Cheers,

J

Tartan Spartan said:
Sweet work - I have just converted a fun game from AGCEEP 1.52 and am pretty damn happy with the results.

However converting a save from 1771 and checking my new scenario in VR one anomaly leapt out - Russia has a pop of only 12 million! Much less than the 6 European powers (Spa, Fra, Eng, Hol, Hab and Byz) who have a respectable 15-30 million. China has >400 million.

Now Russia in my EU2 game isn't the power it could be but is still a fairly major so this surprised me.

I therefore have the following questions.

Is this just a result of my savegame? or has Anybody else got v low russian population in a savegame conversion

I assume pop in Eu2 is approximately proportional to that in Vic? If so I can just count them by hand in Eu2 and see how that compares

Could it be that some culture types are not converting?

Cheers,

J
Russia having a low population is quite likely specific to the saved game in question - did Russia perhaps suffer an unusual amount of internal and/or external strife in that game (that kind of thing has an adverse effect on population, of course)? Are its borders roughly historical? Population in Ricky is proportional to population in EU2, with the important caveat that there are regional modifiers at play. I was quite satisfied with russian POP numbers in my test games, but with all the variables involved in a 4 century game of AGCEEP; YMMV.

MichaelM said:
That message is displayed when a country has the same province listed more than once in owned/controlled provinces. It sounds like either there's an error in province conversion or Persia is being converted twice.

In my case it was converted twice (but it was not Persia, but Tripoli)
Thanks anyway.

It's incredible, as Austria in 1836 can set free the USA, Venezuela and Madagascar!!
I love this conversions..

I will try to convert my current games..

CK to EU2 - King of France (The Capets)
EU2 to Vic:R - Kingdom of Austria (The Habsburgs)
Vic:R to Hoi2:DD - Kingdom of Prussia - Empire of Germany

And peharps, after finishing my current HoI AAR, I can try a Megacampaign AAR..

will this AGCEEP conversion utility still function with the 1.56 version of the mod?

regards,

CvM

C.V. Mannerheim said:
will this AGCEEP conversion utility still function with the 1.56 version of the mod?

regards,

CvM
Function? Probably. Be correct? Probably not. Some nations have been changed since this was last updated; it probably wouldn't be too hard to go through the nation list. Cultures might also have changed since then, but I don't know for sure.

Unfortunately, I do not seem to have this file. As I said just above, though, it's possible to go through and modify the data files yourself if you'd like.