• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
easilyconfused,
you dont have to be a programmer. the coading is fairly straightforward anyway (pretty much just text parsing).
what I really need help with is formatting and just ideas in general.
what I mean is, I've never done a complete scenario all by myself. there is alot of documentation out there on the scenario files, so i've at least got a good starting point. The more important peice is the savefile format, actually. there seems to be a derth of info on what exactly is written in the save file. however, i'm getting places with the EU2 files. havent looked at the VIC files at all.

just a general note on progress,
Since im still away from home, this isnt really gonna get too far for another week or so. however, I anticipate having something to put out a week or two after that. so, basically, give me a couple weeks, and we should be able to start playtesting.

ps: I think were gonna need an event at the end of both EU2 and VIC that prompt the player to save the game for conversion. I was thinking like a day before the scanario end date the event would fire, just something to say save the game. anyone have a better idea or way to do this?

I wish I had some idea of what you were talking about :D :D

I'll help, however limited my use will be. :p

Some suggestions:
- Fine Arts academies could be coverted to prestige (100?).
- Forts of level 4 and higher in EU2 could become lvl 1 forts in Vic.
- Merchants in trade centers in EU2 could maybe increase starting stockpiles goods stockpiles.

Personally, I think this is a fool's quest (including Paradox doing a CK -> EU2 utility)...

No offense to anyone. But, I think each game has its own abstractions and terms - true, these could be handled in some fashion - but:
1) Geographical bits are not trivial. Yes, it can be done, but with a lot (a lot!) of time required.
2) Game concepts like EU2 DP settings do not really translate to Vicky. The Vicky social policy bits do not translate to HoI. This as examples - consider that tech systems might be a real problem...

OK, it could be done. And it would probably be pretty fun to see the results. But, I don't think any serious continuity can be achieved.

EUII Victoria converter??

I saw a post somewhere or another that said a few people where trying to make a converter from euII to victoria, such as the crusader kings to EUII one. Is still going anywhere?

This all began as a misunderstanding stemming from a phrase in a review, and then some people apparently began throwing random thoughts/wishes into the air, but nothing came out of it. That's all.

I suppose nobody outside of Paradox has the skill AND knowledge necessary to do it (the knowledge being rarer than the skill, and more important), as of yet.

first of all there is the problem of provinces. As we all know Victoria has more than slightly higher density of provinces(atleast in europe). Obvious solution would be to make group of similar provinces that equal 1 EU2 province, thus allowing a very robust and basic creation of state borders. Research and developement would be equal for all countries...or pre-defined, because it is impossible to export this part. Then come the problem with starting resources, goverments etc.

unknown-X- said:
first of all there is the problem of provinces. As we all know Victoria has more than slightly higher density of provinces(atleast in europe). Obvious solution would be to make group of similar provinces that equal 1 EU2 province, thus allowing a very robust and basic creation of state borders. Research and developement would be equal for all countries...or pre-defined, because it is impossible to export this part. Then come the problem with starting resources, goverments etc.

R-D could be compared to your research level is in EU2. For example maxed tech in EU2 would give you what the Brits start with in Victoria.

Well, may could convert the Sliders into Goverments, like centralized + Serfdom gives Monarchy, decentralized givees multi-party, Plutocracy + fredom democracy etc.

Last edited:
EU2 -> Vic Utility

I can't believe that nobody has brought this up, but is anyone interested in working on a utility to convert EU2 Games to VIC Games?

I have always wanted to play straight from 1420 to 1920, and looking at the save game files I can't believe that it could be that hard, the technique at least. The only trouble areas are creating rubrics for the following areas:

1. Tech Conversion
2. Map Conversion <- Difficult!
3. Political Conversion
4. Industry Conversion
5. Infrastructure Conversion

I'd love to work on such a utility, but I'd probably need the help of a few other people to get it working in any decent form. The hardest part will be the map conversions between the two.

If anyone is interested, respond or email me at: mvsnconsolegenerale@hotmail.com.

- MVSN Console Generale

P.S. I am familiar with several languages, the most recent would be JAVA although I could pick up another one fairly quickly.

i have been modding Vic into the EU2 1419 grand scenario, it would just use the vicky engine. the events are all there, they just need to be moddified. the tough part is the tech's and such and all the work you'd have to do there, plus new pops, etc, etc. hypothetically, we could mod vicky to start out at 1419, play through the "normal" vicky timeline, and also mod in all the stuff from HOI and play that scenario also. it would just all be using the vicky engine.

EDIT: i dont know scripting language and just teach myself as far as modding goes, but i definatley hope you get help and give this a try :)

I would really like to see the techtree and invention-set for a EU2 adaption of Vicky :D

:) Rafiki

beezneez said:
i have been modding Vic into the EU2 1419 grand scenario, it would just use the vicky engine. the events are all there, they just need to be moddified. the tough part is the tech's and such and all the work you'd have to do there, plus new pops, etc, etc. hypothetically, we could mod vicky to start out at 1419, play through the "normal" vicky timeline, and also mod in all the stuff from HOI and play that scenario also. it would just all be using the vicky engine.

EDIT: i dont know scripting language and just teach myself as far as modding goes, but i definatley hope you get help and give this a try :)

Sure, well. If no one is interested in my proposal I would be glad to help you guys out. I'll get back to you.

- MVSN

Won't the differing colonization mechanics make the game unworkable? We already agree that it is too easy to colonize in Vicky -- porting that engine to 1419 would completely mess things up.

What I would like to see is a utility which would convert an 1820 save game into a Vicky game [along with a set of events which would cover the 1820-1835 period. That would rock

Stefanos said:
Won't the differing colonization mechanics make the game unworkable? We already agree that it is too easy to colonize in Vicky -- porting that engine to 1419 would completely mess things up.

What I would like to see is a utility which would convert an 1820 save game into a Vicky game [along with a set of events which would cover the 1820-1835 period. That would rock

Ummm...that's exactly what I'm talking about. :) The Vicky Ubergame is another project.

You interested?

- MVSN

It is not a random wish, I just can't do it alone. See my above thread: EU2 -> VIC Utility.

The hardest part will be coming up with the rubrics for the tech, map, government, etc. conversions. But that will only require logic, while the implementation will require some programming skills. I could do a lot of the work, but I would prefer to break it down into sub components.

If people are really serious, please contact me. The only thing keeping me from starting is that I would feel overwhelmed + one person making all the decisions might lead to an imbalance. A team of 3 to 5 would be perfect for a project like this.

Anyone interested, please email me at: mvsnconsolegenerale@hotmail.com.

- MVSN Console Generale