• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
kokomo said:
this is strange.... Isn't it Constantinople's ID in Victoria # 971 which relates to EU2 #357???

The problem is Constantinople is not the capital in the 1419 scenario as it wasn't conquered until ~1453 if my memory serves me correct. It will get fixed however once the Middle East IDs are converted, so there is no reason to either worry or discuss this issue further.

Well I PMed Dark Knight since he was first in the list of moderators... I have no idea who'd be an administrator (does it say anywhere?)

kokomo said:
You are RIGHT!!!! How do we solve the problem of having one capital in EU2 and one in Victoria? Which should we stick to?

This doesn't really cause a problem as long as the EU2 province holding the strange capital is converted - which I expect all provinces to be when this project finishes.

Baden and Würtemberg look MUCH better with the latest changes (I'll check the Palatinate later too). Saxony still looks incredibly screwed though, I'll attempt to fix it myself before I upload the new version.

So, now the new version is ready. It includes all new IDs (tell me if I've missed anything), and Ironfoundersson's latest country additions. It also includes a fixed (that is less retard) Central Germany. Download below:

Eu2Vic.zip

Comment on Germany: Due to its very different borders and many provinces I agree it is probably the hardest area to convert if you got no geographical knowledge of the region. I have a little, and so I have attempted to edit the most disturbing features of the old ID setup. Among them (as you've heard in my examples) the most ugly one was Saxony. The core of the problem is that EU2 Saxony-Anhalt is way too far west than it really is, and to get a somewhat better looking option I decided to ignore the fact Würzburg will now cut into EU2 Anhalt as I perceive it as much more realistic. Below is a picture of the transformed Saxony, and I can assure many empty areas in Germany have been changed as well (most notably Hessen-Mainz-Pfalz-Würzburg):

new_saxony.jpg

I have a new question regarding realism and such. I realized I could just make EU2 Anhalt come true now in terms of country size, but that would be at the expense of Würzburg. I would just make what is currently Saxony and Anhalt into Saxony, and then build Anhalt out of some other provines (Erfurt, Göttlingen, Kassel and Gotha primarily). Sadly, the EU2 capital city of Würzburg (Erfurt) would lie inside Anhalt, and Anhalt's EU2 capital of Weimar would lie inside Saxony. This has no sense when it comes to realism, but it would make the land areas a bit better from a viewpoint. What would you prefer, a much more realistic Germany or a more EU2ish Anhalt territorial area?

Last edited:
Hmm, it does work... Sort of... However if you download it you can use it for much else than to test it currently as only certain countries are converted in the areas we have ID mapped etc. Once we got something which can more realistically portray all EU2 content in Victoria we will start to make public releases.

Talk about anything related to provinces in the geography thread ;). I created it because province ID and country discussions often come hand in hand. I agree the new system is a bit confusing; we might have to cut down the number of threads a bit.

It doesn't work with Hearts of Iron. Mainly because 1) we decided to concentrate on EU2->Vic first, 2) I can't afford HoI as I have other priorities before that game (CK).

I put up an updated version of Eu2Vic.zip now, which features:

All of the previous stuff.
An unrealistic but true to EU2 Saxony.
The Ottoman Empire in its full glory.
A converted Hessen to Hesse-Darmstadth.