• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been asked before but do you plan to add an option to play in windowed mode? I know I can hex edit and I have but it seems like such a hassle for everyone. Add the ability by default to the settings.exe?

Hi again!

Glad you liked my proposals. I just realized three more things that would make the game even more interesting.

In peace deals, the AI tend to ask for land and a big amount of gold. The problem is that the land that they ask for is often hard do defend and far away (Spain annexing countries in the baltic area etc). It would be great if the AI would be more interested in vassalizing and ask for war indemnities than annexation or ask for provinces, especially provinces that the AI don't have cores in. This would also be a good way to avoid giant blobs everywhere later in the game.

It would also be great if the AI would be forced to take loans to pay its war indemnities. It looks kind of ridiculous when the war booty after 3 years of war is 11 gold or something like that.

The trade system in EU2 is far from perfect but I realize that it would be impossible to implement a new one in this project. One thing that could make it better would be if trade agreements were required to send merchants to a CoT. This would also be a better way to simulate history (bribing the owner of the CoT to get good relations and then get a trade agreement). The owner would perhaps gain a bonus in the amount of taxes in the CoT for each TA that is signed. TA should also be possible to ask for in peace offers.

Keep up the good work!

Make it possible to change HRE borders with events. For example, the Peace of Westphalia put the Netherlands, Savoy, Switzerland etc. outside the borders of the HRE.
Good idea, and it's already been suggested.

Sorry if this has been said earlier, but how about being able to secede a whole area instead of typing all these provinces..(Should also go for other commands based on provinces)? :) For instance when one empire takes over the nation of another empire, but leaves the former empire with a little land for instance Umayyads-Abbasids then the former nation will as it is atm end up with the intended area plus all the conquests on the frontier of the former nation, which now is the new empire. So for instance the Umayyads will own Iberia plus some provinces on the Abbasid border in areas like Khorasan, Transoxiana, Egypt etc.

Make the following moddable:

- Manufactory costs.
- Conversion costs & chances.
- Land and Naval support modifiers. For example how much a point of tax value in a port should add to naval support (currently four), and how much one point of manpower should add to land support (currently 1000).
- Fort costs.
- Conscription Centre and Shipyard costs.
- Stability hits for different Declaration of War conditions. For example being able to alter -1 for same religion, or -1 for RM.
- Stability cost for breaking vassalization.

I am sure it's been mentioned already, but better be safe than sorry.

Posted in the MP thread too, but here it'll get more attention ;)

You think there's anybody on the EU2 boards who doesn't know who's behind the source code project? I don't see anyone but veterans around :D.

Well, actually, AFAIK only Yoda and MichaelM are known to be working on the source code, but I suspect there are more people in the team. Or are there more known source team members?

I do most of the coding, Yoda's just the Gallic frontman. :p
This is why you don't have time to finish remaining sequences for AGCEEP... ;)

Well, actually, AFAIK only Yoda and MichaelM are known to be working on the source code, but I suspect there are more people in the team. Or are there more known source team members?
True

mandead has been banned for his 2007 lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.