• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the ability to name colonies, rename armies and ships. And maybe armies with a generic leader could after several great battles become a leader with more than the normal stats. :) But the latter might be too hard.
Ohh and I don't see why titles and government types like in EU3 couldn't be borrowed from. :D And the culture groups. :)

I tend to like the idea of EU 2.5... fix bugs, add some trigger condidtions and effects, borrow good ideas from EU3 if feasible and keep 2D map. Then we will have the perfect game. :)

What I'd like to see the most in any Paradox title is a change to battle system, so there isn't automatic battle when you reach the province, but dependant on the manouver abilities of your commander, who would get the order to avoid battles or run for them, but he would have a chance to change your decision if suicidal.
It would be somewhat similar to sea battles in the current game, but player influence would be very small.
If you've played Majesty you probably know what I mean. :)

Last edited:
szmik said:
I tend to like the idea of EU 2.5... fix bugs, add some trigger condidtions and effects, borrow good ideas from EU3 if feasible and keep 2D map. Then we will have the perfect game. :)
I agree. This is what I said: keep the spirit of the game.

szmik said:
What I'd like to see the most in any Paradox title is a change to battle system, so there isn't automatic battle when you reach the province, but dependant on the manouver abilities of your commander, who would get the order to avoid battles or run for them, but he would have a chance to change your decision if suicidal.
It would be somewhat similar to sea battles in the current game, but player influence would be very small.
If you've played Majesty you probably know what I mean. :)
And there is room for some improvements. :)
In my list, you can see some of them for the diplomacy system that can be implemented quickly and colonial and trades ones can be improved too but this will take more time and discussions.

Pietercornelis said:
So, would changes be for AGCEEP only, or also for vanilla EU2?
Both because modification will be for EU2 exe and AGCEEP will benefit for sure... but what is (will be) vanilla exactly? Good question... ;)

And for this, we will have to see with other mod teams (and dev teams).

Last edited:
Then there will certainly be copyrights issues. :mad:

I spend more time micro-managing my damn merchants than anything else in my current game of Alt-Iberia. What I'd like to see is an AI that will implement sensible behavior. Firstly, maintain a monopoly in near-by owned CoTs, then level 5 in distant owned CoTs (like Goa for the Portuguese). Secondly level 5 in all other known CoTs. I would also be able to decide to gain monopolies in all known non-owned CoTs if I want to get CBs from trade embargos.

I don't know if we need to change the optimum current behavior of sending out merchants in batches, although I'm inclined to do so, but the AI should follow whatever the optimum actually is.

what about the online part? it would be nice if we could play agceep online and stable:D

sturmvogel said:
I spend more time micro-managing my damn merchants than anything else in my current game of Alt-Iberia. What I'd like to see is an AI that will implement sensible behavior. Firstly, maintain a monopoly in near-by owned CoTs, then level 5 in distant owned CoTs (like Goa for the Portuguese). Secondly level 5 in all other known CoTs. I would also be able to decide to gain monopolies in all known non-owned CoTs if I want to get CBs from trade embargos.

I don't know if we need to change the optimum current behavior of sending out merchants in batches, although I'm inclined to do so, but the AI should follow whatever the optimum actually is.

true, trade modding should be a priority :p

cool-toxic said:
Not if we just put it in mods as a free downloadable add-on. ;)
Yes, there is a difference between having the possibility to include images (as a feature of the game) and including images in a mod.
martmol said:
what about the online part? it would be nice if we could play agceep online and stable:D
Is EU2 + AGCEEP unstable in MP?

YodaMaster said:
Yes, there is a difference between having the possibility to include images (as a feature of the game) and including images in a mod.
Is EU2 + AGCEEP unstable in MP?

well with the loads of event, some dont trigger, and people could get out of sych faster afaik:p, but still eu2 online could be made stabler and fun:D

martmol said:
well with the loads of event, some dont trigger, and people could get out of sych faster afaik:p, but still eu2 online could be made stabler and fun:D

Maybe a skilled programmer could add some of the MP communities rules as optional in MP? Like only being allowed to take X provinces and where X can be defined. :) And some diplomatic actions with the AI is greyed out.

I didn't see it mentioned yet but how about adjusting the BB scales and rebels etc, or atleast allowing their adjustment, to make pre-1419 mods more feasible.

Other additions I'd love to see included:

1. province_revoltrisk with a time limit, not just a permanent condition.

2. trigger condition that can check the countrysize of any country, not just the one the event is firing for. This is a great feature for improving ai behaviour. War events could be shut down if the neighbour is of a certain size larger than the home country.

3. provincetax command that reduces the tax for a period, not permanently.

Matty

Another few ideas:

Wrong-religion province tax penalty made variable based on religious tolerance, narrow/innovative slider, or both.

Reduced cost for missionaries and colonists and tradingposts (as these were often actually private or semiprivate enterprises, not government financed). I'd propose something like 20% off of current missionary prices and 50% off colonists. (This would have the added benefit of allowing colonial player countries to keep inflation under control while still colonizing to historic extents.)

Also, I like the ideas of renamable armies, ships, and province cities.... that shouldn't be hard as the ability (at least in terms of ships and armies) is already present in Vicky and HOI...

@MattyG: only 3 new ideas for script language...

Was my list so long..? ;)

Modders paradise!

Sheridan said:
Another few ideas:

Wrong-religion province tax penalty made variable based on religious tolerance, narrow/innovative slider, or both.

Reduced cost for missionaries and colonists and tradingposts (as these were often actually private or semiprivate enterprises, not government financed). I'd propose something like 20% off of current missionary prices and 50% off colonists. (This would have the added benefit of allowing colonial player countries to keep inflation under control while still colonizing to historic extents.)
This is what is first intended with moving values in csv type files: make all possible values moddable.
Colonization system could be reworked without intervention of the player (some sort of AI driven) but player could decide to use available resources to "manage" colonization with objectives: decide preferred areas for example and priorities between areas.
Of course, player could still decide to create "official" settlements or increase existing ones in key provinces for example but it should cost.

Sheridan said:
Also, I like the ideas of renamable armies, ships, and province cities.... that shouldn't be hard as the ability (at least in terms of ships and armies) is already present in Vicky and HOI...
Yes, it shouldn't be difficult but renaming cities should be only for colonies (and with default value given by the engine as it is currently without choice).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.