• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TC Pilot

Field Marshal
65 Badges
Aug 23, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
I figured we've gone long enough without another EU2 campaign, so let's start organizing things and get this started, shall we?

Details will be posted as we get a clearer idea of how many people can play, what mods and scenarios, game times, etc.

So, everyone interested, list your preferred day and time for each game session, your preferred mod and scenario start. Let's hold off on countries until a bit later though.

Session Time: The plan is to play once a week, on Sundays at 14:00-18:00 CET.
Files: Everything you'll need is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?uq4ymudb9cx4q7d

Player Roster:

TC Pilot:
HAL:
CG (yah):
King John:
Ampoliros:
Abeir Toril:
admiral_drake:
Pepsi:

Rules (copied verbatim from the last campaign):

Vassalization:

If you get vassalised by a human player you must stay that way for 20 years, unless the overlord chooses to break it. After 20 years the vassal can break vassalage, but must do so by DOWing the overlord, unless otherwise agreed between them and their erstwhile master.

1. Any NAP agreement signed for a duration exceeding 20 years is null for whatever portion extends beyond the 20 year period, meaning that either side can declare it invalid past that point without taint to their honor. This does not prevent from regularly renewing NAP agreements, but at no given time can anybody be sure of the security of a border for decades and decades or even centuries, as often occurs.
2. This makes #1 a little redundant, but now any agreement with clauses that extend for over 20 years can be broken after the 20 year period without a loss of honor.
3. As a vassal :
* You cannot enter any other alliance than that of your overlord, nor start one of your own unless ok'd by your leader(excepting AI that are your vassals).
* You must accept a proposal of TA/MA from your overlord.
* You are not allowed to start any wars without permission of your overlord.
* You cannot give MA to any power without your Overlord's consent.
* You are *not* required to dow someone at the command of your overlord, send him cash at his command, provide troop support, or help him in any other way not included in the five clauses above.

4. The land-naval slider will be reset to 5 between every session. You are allowed to make slider moves, but just be aware that you will lose them at the end of the session.

5. Using certain exploits is forbidden. See below for more details.

* Attacking an enemy fleet with pirates, and attacking with small fleets to hinder an enemy shore landing.
* Releasing one or more vassals during wartime, to hinder an enemy.
* Force-burning of manufactories, i.e. repeated move and halt orders to an
army in a province with a manufactory.
* Using lag to your advantage. This includes (but is not limited to):
Sending lag colonists, building lag fortresses, sending lag missionaries,
using lag diplomats. (The exception is using lag diplomats to send cash).
* Declaring a 'fake' war on a country, with the aim to:
* Increase the stability of the nation you declare war on.
* Change the religion of a protestant or Counter-Reformed-Catholic
nation back to Catholicism before the Edict of Tolerance.
* Exploiting Simultanity: Using the game engine to break a deal, that would
occur simultaneously in the real word. This includes (but is not limited
to) the 'sale' of something in game. A break of any aspect of a deal after the initial exchange, like a refusal to continue to make payments or maintain a monopoly, is ok. However, if a peace deal is made that requires staggered payments or monopoly rights or anything like that, it MUST be honored by the tributary for the duration of the five year truce.
* Converting from Catholiscism to either Counter-reformed-Catholicism or
Protestantism and then switching back to Catholiscism before the Edict
of Tolerance.
* Trading maps with the AI.
* Sending loans to the AI.
* Signing a peace deal with the AI, that bankrupts it in the same day.
* Ceding TPs to reduce Bad Boy.
* Deploying pirates since most uses are banned anyway
* Using MA to deprive another country of supplies without being at war with them
* Using MA to place 1 ship fleets in another country's ports in order to maintain them there for spying without the other person having any way of dislodging them.

8. no exploration with 100 or 100+ ships. Within known seazones avoiding attrition with 100+ ships is allright
9. when pausing the game, communicate with all other players
10. * Breaking a truce, except when the truce is a result of a province swap
deal in game, or when ok'd by both parties. You are not allowed to dow AI alliance members or vassals of
someone you have a truce with.
11. Brandenburg will become Prussia in 1701 no matter what
12. Spanish Bancrupty events will be slept
13. gold and trade inflation will be added in 1575 and 1650, gold and trade will be added up and for every 500combined income you will gain 1% inflation
14. No claiming DOTF or converting to counter reformed catholicism.
15. No trading maps, period. Asking for MA and using it to explore the others territory is ok, as is sacking the capital for maps.
16. if you DOW a vassal of another player you must dow the overlord. if this isnt possible you must break RM/MA so the other player can dow you without any stabhit.

Force peace rule:

Case 1: War between two nations.
If one side manages 99 warscore, the loser is at -3 stability and the war has been going on for at least 5 years, the winner can force peace with a stab-hitting peace offer.

Case 2: War between an alliance of 2 or more versus 1 nation (gang).
For any separate peace, see case 1.
If the alliance leader wants to force peace for the alliance against the 1 nation, he requires 99 alliance warscore and 99 warscore of his own (separately).

Case 3: War between 2 alliances of 2 or more nations.
For any non-alliance peace between two nations, see case 1.
For any alliance to separate nation peace deal (for any member of the other alliance, even leader), see case 2.
If the winning alliance's leader wants to force-peace the whole other alliance, he needs 99 warscore for his alliance on the other alliance and 99 warscore of his own against the losing alliance leader. It is the losing leader's stability that is taken into consideration.

no warships in europe
you can build warships in europe
you can use warships to transport troops from europe to ROTW
you cannot use warships in combat inside europe after 1500 (to allow those that start with warships to use them)
if you get caught in combat after this year you have to retreat as soon as the batle starts

Military acces
You have to cancel MA on an opponent request
it doesnt matter if your atwar or at peace
this includes Ma in vassals

+ NO military acces with any ai country outside europe*
unles you take the MA in a peacedeal

Last edited:
This game is so old and so much dead :p EU4 is way much better :p
But if we will play on the evenings, after 19 than I can join.

This game is so old and so much dead :p EU4 is way much better :p

I disagree. Other than the comparative ease of hosting/joining, it's far less interesting. At the very least, combat is so much more than just hurling as many regiments as you can into a single battle and making your opponent run out of manpower faster than you.

What days work for you? Or does any day after 19:00 work?

I'm up for whatever. After Eu4, any variation of Eu2 is a big improvement. Early morning Sundays are still my best time to play.

Good to see a response already. I know Ampo, Drake, and someone else replied via messenger. On weekends I can play pretty much any time. At this rate we'll have enough people for a campaign in no time.

Hi guys.

I'd love to participate in this campaign. I could play on Sundays from 2-6PM (that's 7-11pm in my time zone).

Cheers.

So after a very preliminary tally, it looks like we already have 7 people able to play. That's enough for a decent campaign, but we're still contacting other people who might be interested. If all goes well, we might be able to start this on December 7, a date which will live in infamy.

Not sure if this appropriate at this point but here are my country preferences, anyways:

1.) England
2.) France
3.) the OE
4.) Sweden

Last edited:
1. POLAND (if there is no Russia)

2. BRANDENBURG (if there is no Poland)

3. ENGLAND

4. CASTILE

5. I can play LITHUANIA too if there will be no Russia and you agree to change its tag to Commonwealth later after I conquer polish lands.

Wow. The nostalgia. I would be interested to join potentially, but not if Ampoliros is playing. That's potentially because of schedules and such.

If 14:00 CET doesn't work, what would be a good time? It seems to fit just about everyone's schedule, but some minor adjustment might be possible to fit in a 9th player.

If 14:00 CET doesn't work, what would be a good time? It seems to fit just about everyone's schedule, but some minor adjustment might be possible to fit in a 9th player.

Well I'm not sure I could attend at a given time every week, since some weekends I've got my kid to take care of. But something like every other week, or a evening thing (hoping they won't wake up) would be preferable I suppose.

I could share a nation or make guest-plays on otherwise-AIs or just plain sub or whatever.

Incidentally, TC, I've tested the game on my new comp. There were some issues but I've fixed them (compatibility).

Will you act as this campaign's GM? If so please post the campaign rules asap, just so we're all on the same page.