• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(24196)

Second Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2003
sirdog.1hwy.com
I have EU1 and Vicky and was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a EU-Vicky save game converter. This could bring more interest to the forum and give people to play EU1 again. One problem I have is I am inexperienced with modding. Perhaps it could be based off of the EU2-Vicky converter.

You could probably edit the EU2-Vicky converter so that it works with EU1. All of that is mostly softcoded. It may even work right away with no modifications, have you tried it yet?

Try editting the save game directly and adding nations to the list of playables, then trying it. I'd try it with EU1, but I don't have the game.

That'd be really cool if you could get it to work, I've always kinda wondered about that. If that's the case people might be able to fix up CK games for export too (but then, that's mostly hardcoded in CK, isn't it?)

Oh, cool, I didn't know there were more than one (never had any reason to convert to EU2 :D)

Morpheus506 said:
That'd be really cool if you could get it to work, I've always kinda wondered about that. If that's the case people might be able to fix up CK games for export too (but then, that's mostly hardcoded in CK, isn't it?)
Necromancy alert! :)

Converting from a CK game would probably be very difficult because of a lack of country tags in EU1. Johan added a large number of tags in the EU2 patch released near the release of CK specifically to support the conversion. Converting to Vicky (which probably has far more tags than EU1) is probably much easier.

Just tried it... only had to add the selectable line in and it worked. Of course, there were a few issues (primarily missing provinces and lack of culture and domestic policy information). I fixed up the missing provinces and made a country file for the IGC; see:
http://home.exetel.com.au/wryun/euvic.zip

(instructions inside)