• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(2150)

Second Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2001
www.geocities.com
EU Unlimited Time Patch

Europa Univeralis is designed to simulate 1492 to 1792 period. However the same game engine with little modifications can be easily used for much wider period. Hundred years war, Fall of Constantinople or Napoleonic wars are an examples.

This patch allows you to design and play any scenario since 0 AD afterwards (Unfortunately BC years are not supported because the game cannot handle negative values).

This patch does not affect existing scenarios. It is tested on german 1.08 and 1.09 versions but may work with any language version (not tested).

Patch is available for download at: http://www.geocities.com/moctezumaiam/ (see download section).
Before using please read readme_unlimited.txt file in the archive.

Edit:
If you interested to use it in your scenarios, you can freely pack it into the scenario zip file.

Last edited:
well, I think I would start now my napoleonian scenario

Originally posted by Moctezuma

PS: I'm not sure whether this modification is completely legal. If Paradox sees some copyright violation I will remove it from my page...

I should think that Paradox will be pleased that you are helping to keep the interest in EU going!
Well done.......

Originally posted by BiB
I wasn't aware there was an attention problem :D

Axe_anim.gif

Moctezuma:

Your patch doesn't work with any English versions (at least not 1.0, 1.08, or 1.09) :(.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

DE versions 1.07, 1.08 and 1.09 are tested and all are working.
UK, BEN and SWE-DK-NO (1.07,1.08,1.09) should work (not tested but
patch is applicable).
Unfortunately I don't know anything about NA versions, because I cannot extract official patch so I cannot apply my patch on europa.exe.
Anyone else with NA version has I same problem?