• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Agreed. I had a lot more fun with Eu:Rome than with Imperator.

In EU: Rome characters lived normally, dynasties worked line in Ck series. You could track down lineages. Decendant of an absorbed gaul tribe could become an Emperor etc. Meanwhile in Imperator dynasties are more like factions, they generate members out of thin air when low on numbers. Characters without lineage are not interesting and a whole system is boring. Minor dynasties not marrying also make it much less interesting, new families can't really rise to power and everything feels static. When annexing another nation you get like few random characters while in Eu: Rome you could accept everyone.

In Eu: Rome civil wars were dangerous and bloody. I remember that as a Rome I even sometimes got civil wars before reaching Gaul. There was no progress bar, no outliner, just vague warning about a risk. You had a lot of governors so it was hard to keep all them loyal. Disloyal governors could not only join civil war but also declare independece which added to the story.

In Imperator civil wars are a joke. No threat at all. In Eu Rome I was fighting for my life all the time, In Imperator during 120 hours of gameplay I had like 3 civil wars and two of them I let happen on purpose. Also governors can't declare independence.

Reactions: