EU IV - EU4 - Crashing when trying to stream in Streamlabs OBS

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JayTee

Private
30 Badges
Jul 19, 2019
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Description
EU4 - Crashing when trying to stream in Streamlabs OBS

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?

No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I was trying to stream EU4 today, and I could not get it to work and my whole SLOBS program (streaming program) just would freeze and the stream would crash but the whole program would just be frozen. I thought this may of been a SLOBS issue, but after further testing it may be a EU4 issue? I did a test stream, watched youtube in a new scene, that was fine, switched back to game scene, played CSGO, that was fine, but as soon as I launched EU4 it broke... (even though it wasn't even capturing the game, as soon as I alt-tabbed from the game, since it was not capturing it, it broke). So prior, EU4 will not get auto captured by the game capture but you can set the options in the game capture to do "full-screen application", and choose EU4 manually. But in this test stream case, it broke before I even did any of that, I just launched EU4, got to the main menu, saw on my 2nd monitor it was not capturing the game, and as soon as I alt-tabbed from EU4 to try fix it or manually set it to capture fullscreen application EU4, it just froze the whole program and I had to force quit Streamlabs OBS (SLOBS).

I know EU4 seems to have a few issues with alt-tabbing and I'm not sure if this is some bug with it as well? I honestly am unsure.

Attached MP4 is a clip from stream, described as: EU4 Freezes SLOBS / Crashes Stream (stream crashes as soon as I alt tab)

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Download SLOBS client from streamlabs(.)com
2. Try stream EU4 with game capture

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Edit: Looks like MP4 attachment doesn't work? Here is the direct twitch link https://clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteSmoggyScallionCoolStoryBob-mZ9GPgBMxLs0D-ky

Attachments

• AT-cm_4K460pmfRj4ATMS7NA_pMg-720.mp4
    1,6 MB
What you could try is to set eu4.exe to disable fullScreen optimisations , as that may help the alt-tab behaviour you mention.