EU board game - Development Diary #4 - 19th of December 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anybody know release date of this game???? Looks sooo fantastic, will be able to play EU4 with friends and kill them :D
Nope, no news about that quite yet.

Great game, very excited.

Happy New Year!

Will we be able to play minor nations? As i would realy like to play as switzerland or venice and expand influence economicaly trough trade and stuff like that. I'm also hoping trade will be a major part of this board game?

Will we be able to play minor nations? As i would realy like to play as switzerland or venice and expand influence economicaly trough trade and stuff like that. I'm also hoping trade will be a major part of this board game?
We will have scenarios specifically designed for playing as minors. Trade is certainly a part of the game, and makes it possible to be a big economic power without necessarily being a big territorial or military power.

We will have scenarios specifically designed for playing as minors. Trade is certainly a part of the game, and makes it possible to be a big economic power without necessarily being a big territorial or military power.
Alright! can't wait to try out the game! If i get my friends to play I'll get a scenario that let's me play as almighty switzerland!

Looking great, but im a bit perplexed as to why you need kickstarter campaigns for the boardgames. It's not like Paradox have problems financing your own development right? Am I missing something here?

Looking great, but im a bit perplexed as to why you need kickstarter campaigns for the boardgames. It's not like Paradox have problems financing your own development right? Am I missing something here?

It's hard to predict how many people will buy the board game, and it's unlikely that it will sell well 5-10 years after its release like for example Settlers of Catan or the top board games on the BGG rankings. So I think it is mainly ambiguity aversion and/or risk aversion.

It's hard to predict how many people will buy the board game, and it's unlikely that it will sell well 5-10 years after its release like for example Settlers of Catan or the top board games on the BGG rankings. So I think it is mainly ambiguity aversion and/or risk aversion.

Do you get any kind of discount or something in that case? Seems weird to me to finance a rich companies development if they keep all the profits. If it's a way to check the interest it would be different ofc.

First of all, Paradox is not financing the development. The game is developed by Aegir Games on a license from Paradox.

Do you get any kind of discount or something in that case? Seems weird to me to finance a rich companies development if they keep all the profits. If it's a way to check the interest it would be different ofc.
Yes, crowdfunding done the right way is really a win-win situation for everyone involved. Gamers get games at a discounted price compared to the retail price, and they get an opportunity to be involved during the development process. Developers get invaluable information about the interest for the game, and a unique chance to benefit from community feedback.