• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
JAN - just a note

UOK - Union of Kalmar
and closely related OOK - Onion of Kalmar

PLC - Public Limited Company and Polish-Lithuanian Comm.
CBS - casus balli shield

AA - Anonynous Alkoholics aka Avocado Aguila :)

Originally posted by Wildman

Yep, right. And then we have a few other nice philosphical expressions (in latin of course) that maybe have no interest in the game but are quite nice to know anyway, so I'll post them here for your pleasure. Enjoy! ;)

JAB = jus ad bellum = justice of war (as far as I know this is a variant of Casus Belli, i.e. a legitimate cause of war)

JIB = jus in bello = justice in war (what you are allowed to do in a war, like attacking soldiers but not civilians)

If you wanna know more about this I can recommend the book "Just and Unjust Wars" by Michael Walzer, Prof. of Social Science. And of course the classics by Hobbes ("Leviathan"), Machiavelli ("The Prince"), Clausewitz ("On War"), etc. etc. etc.
I've seen somewhere the expression Ratio Belli,(RB?) reason for war. What do you make of that? Have you heard it?

RTFM.... I'm not sure that applies to EU given the extraordinary documentation Paradox/Strategy First provided us

OT humor

and of course there is the mother of all internet acronyms (as reported by Dave Barry, possibly the funniest man of the 20th century. If you haven't ever read any of his columns go to www.herald.com/barry):

OJIOGBUOLSWMRTJVAFIWBMITSIHDHGCOAC

which is short for (what else?)

O.J. Is Obviously Guilty, But Under Our Legal System We Must Respect The Jury's Verdict, Although Frankly It Wouldn't Bother Me In the Slightest If He Drove His Golf Cart Off A Cliff

You forgot some:
TI = terra incognita (to boldly go, etc..)
PTI = permanent terra incognita (can't boldly go)
AI = artificial insemination / intelligence
CTD = oh shit when did I last save?

damn, must NOT spend all day in the office thinking of more acronymns...

Last edited:
AC=Acronymically Challenged, a frequent condition for beginners in this forum.

Anybody heard of XUQWMNYJAGTFCYJ.I don't know what it means but it sounds interesting.:)

PLZ - Please

TP - Town Portal(Diablo and Diablo 2)

THX - Thanks

PK - Player Killer

PKK - Player Killer Killer

Last edited:
Originally posted by Chumnuks
Anybody heard of XUQWMNYJAGTFCYJ.I don't know what it means but it sounds interesting.:)

PLZ - Please

TP - Town Portal(Diablo and Diablo 2)

THX - Thanks

PK - Player Killer

PKK - Player Killer Killer
Everybody is a PK in Europa, I think. Kind of beats the purpose of the game if you stay off each others butts...

TPP - Trading post pyromaniac.

Can you add this?
Betazoid - Beta tester

Originally posted by Lars
Can you add this?
Betazoid - Beta tester
That is not an acronym, it's a trekism.

Originally posted by JRRSmaug
And what does OOC mean?

- Smaug

Usually it's Out Of Command, but in an EU context???

Strange we never hear of MPs (var: MFs). It's a good thing there's no ZOC in EU though a ZOI concept could be interesting... I'd appreciate regular MCs during sieges.
Also, being able to access the CRT during gameplay would be nice (is it going to change in EUII, BTW?)

I'll hate having to wait till I don't know when for the French version of EUII (the BG's French, after all...). Oh well! TANJ!