• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wenceslaus II

Przemysł II
41 Badges
Aug 24, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Darkest Hour
EU1's (you know, the thing read at a funeral or wake. Summing up the person's life? Yeah! That's it)

When I was 21, I bought EU 1

It was so much fun.

It felt like being in the sun, going for a run, feeling so young, when I bought EU 1.

Paradox who? Oh! EU 1....

I colonized France, played as Quebec, heard those two music tones, over and over, and the loading music was simply the best.

That screen was so depressing, but it made me think, now this is the age of colonization, no need to drink.

4 or 5 little scenarios, a 300 year time frame, but above all, the game is with me for a life time.

Now that I see you lieing there, it makes me sad, but I remember the good times we had and if I had the chance, I wouldn't do it again.

Once is enough, too much of a good thing is bad, a game like you only comes around once in a life time, thank you friend.

Rest in peace and rest assured, that your rest is my rest, my love will endure.

1492, 1617. 1700, 1773. Those were your years, they were your numbers, if anything defined you, I'd have to wonder.

Wonder what was the best, what was your worst, you had none, we had none, I'll remember you for sure.

Some say 22 is the best year of your life, others can say different, but you are the reason, I won't die a grumpy, old, man..

I owe what I owe, to EU1, what I had you had, a bond with the sun.

All in all, I'd have to say, YOU gave me life, if only I had the chance to repay.....

-***-
-***-
__|__
__|__

I'm sorry, I can't go on any more. Can someone finish?

Moderator: Yeah, sure. Thread closed!!

Closed? This grumpy old man won't close this thread before it goes off topic. I'm an antiquarian dusting through cobwebby forums - I can handle a little traffic every now and then ;)

Ah, EU1. First Paradox title I ever played. It was on sale at the shop where I went to buy Civ III. Interestingly I noticed that I spent more time playing EU1 than I spent playing CivIII. I found new love. New supreme strategy game. And the rest is history.

Olaus Petrus said:
Ah, EU1. First Paradox title I ever played. It was on sale at the shop where I went to buy Civ III. Interestingly I noticed that I spent more time playing EU1 than I spent playing CivIII. I found new love. New supreme strategy game. And the rest is history.

Heh, I think I got EU1 shortly before getting Civ3, too. And one of them got a whole lot more playtime than the other.