• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About post #159, for 165008, religion conditions should be in a OR condition but outside current OR condition.
For new 338489, add following trigger:
Code:
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			provincereligion = { province = 1590 data = sunni } #Bale
		}
	}

About post #160, in this case, existing alliance of Adal should protect the country if possible. We can "help" historical situation and CYR_155000 can be enhanced but better not force ahistorical result by events (according to the date (1529-1540), Byzantines should be over).
For example, OE could (should?) not be involved if not present in the Red Sea or at least not Caliphe (fall of Mamluks).

About ETH_165005 and because of new trigger, we still lack an event for the leader alone if Ethiopia is at war, regardless of conditions in 165005. If Yeshaq was a military leader for inside affairs, it makes sense he should be for "real" wars too.
And there is the "non-state" religion issue for "non-Christian" in the description and no religious condition. If Ethiopia is Orthodox (very likely, of course), non-state is still easily understandable and there is no problem for very unlikely but always possible Muslim Ethiopia.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
About post #927, for 165008, religion conditions should be in a OR condition but outside current OR condition.
For new 338489, add following trigger:
Code:
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			provincereligion = { province = 1590 data = sunni } #Bale
		}
	}

All fixed.

What's with your post numbers btw? Your post #927 is #159 for me.

About ETH_165005 and because of new trigger, we still lack an event for the leader alone if Ethiopia is at war, regardless of conditions in 165005. If Yeshaq was a military leader for inside affairs, it makes sense he should be for "real" wars too.
And there is the "non-state" religion issue for "non-Christian" in the description and no religious condition. If Ethiopia is Orthodox (very likely, of course), non-state is still easily understandable and there is no problem for very unlikely but always possible Muslim Ethiopia.

I've changed the text and fixed a few typos I hadn't noticed earlier. It's a bit less elegant now, but sounds ok even if Ethiopia is not Christian.

Some more Ethiopia. I hope some Ethiopians get to play the game some day and appreciate the work.

Code:
#(1494) Ascension of Emperor Na'od
event = {
	id = 165048
	random = no
	country = ETH
	name = "EVENTNAME165048" #Ascension of Emperor Na'od
	desc = "EVENTHIST165048"

date = { day = 26 month = october year = 1494 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME165048A" #Support Zasillus and install Na'od as Emperor
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 046508 } #Amda Seyon II
		command = { type = revolt which = -2 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME165048B" #Support Tekle Kristos and keep Amda Seyon II as Emperor
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -2 }
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 046509 } #Na'od
	}
}
#-#Emperor Eskander ruled in the shadow of Queen Mother Eleni. His premature death at the age of 22 lead to a civil war for the throne. While the court kept the Emperor's death secret, Zasillus, a major noble of the realm, marched his army to Amba Geshen and freed Eskander's brother, Na'od, to proclaim him the new Emperor. Another noble, Tekle Kristos, remained at the court and declared Eskander's son, Amda Seyon II, the Emperor. Zasillus and Na'od were defeated in the first battle, but the war continued for 6 months and ended in Amda Seyon's death and Na'od's succession to the imperial throne.

Code:
#(1494) Mekane Selassie under construction
event = {
	id = 165049
	trigger = {
		monarch = 046509 #Na'od
		OR = {
			religion = orthodox
			religion = catholic
			religion = protestant
			religion = reformed
			religion = counterreform
		}
		owned = { province = 1516 data = -1 } #Welo
		control = { province = 1516 data = -1 } #Welo
	}
	random = no
	country = ETH
	name = "EVENTNAME165049" #Mekane Selassie under construction
	desc = "EVENTHIST165049"

date = { day = 1 month = november year = 1494 }
	offset = 150
	deathdate = { day = 31 month = july year = 1508 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME165049A" #For the glory of the God
		command = { type = treasury value = -50 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = vp value = 10 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME165049B" #We can't afford it
		command = { type = vp value = -10 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 165050 } #ETH: Construction of Mekane Selassie
	}
}
#-#Emperor Na'od was a great patron of art and builder of churches, but his most remembered achievement is the chartering of Mekane Selassie, a lavish church decorated with gold and pearls. Na'od did not live to see the church completed.

Code:
#(1516-1530) Construction of Mekane Selassie
event = {
	id = 165050
	trigger = {
		monarch = 046510 #Dawit II
		OR = {
			religion = orthodox
			religion = catholic
			religion = protestant
			religion = reformed
			religion = counterreform
		}
		owned = { province = 1516 data = -1 } #Welo
		control = { province = 1516 data = -1 } #Welo
		event = 165049
	}
	random = no
	country = ETH
	name = "EVENTNAME165050" #Mekane Selassie
	desc = "EVENTHIST165050"

date = { day = 31 month = july year = 1516 }
	offset = 150
	deathdate = { day = 3 month = november year = 1530 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME165050A" #Continue the construction
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = vp value = 10 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME165050B" #Abandon the project
		command = { type = vp value = -20 }
	}
}
#-#The lavish curch of Mekane Selassie, chartered by Emperor Na'od, was a great and lengthy project. It was only finished during the late years of reign of Emperor Anbasa Segad, aka Lebna Dengel, son of Na'od, in 1530. Sadly, the church existed for only about a year as it was destroyed by Muslim invaders from Adal on November 3rd 1531 together with many other Orthodox Christian churches in Amhara region.

Last edited:
Just a precision about days in dates: range for days is 0-29. There is no 30th or 31th in EU2 => better use day = 29 and add real day as a comment (#31th in RL).

Maybe another thing to change in the expansion in order to avoid confusion... and range 1-30 but 31 could remain a problem.

About monarchs, historical monarchs shouldn't be dormant as a rule. Keep in mind revolter country should start with historical monarch.

In 165048, better remove wakemonarch command in action_a and use a sleepmonarch command in action_b for 046509 that won't be dormant and dates of 046508 shouldn't be changed neither: 046509 will "survive" until next not dormant 046548 in 1508 if 046509 is slept.
For the same reason, better not sleep new 165049 and 165050. Trigger condition with monarch for 165049 and monarch + 165049 fo 165050 will ensure events can happen or not. But 165050 can still be slept in 165049 action_b.

Related change:
Code:
#(1494) Pêro da Covilhã in the court of Prester John
#by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 165013
	[COLOR=Yellow]trigger = {
		monarch = 046509 #Na'od
	}[/COLOR]
	random = no
	country = ETH
	name = "EVENTNAME165013" #Pêro da Covilhã in the court of Prester John
	desc = "EVENTHIST165013"
	#-#

[COLOR=Red]date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1494 }[/COLOR]
	[COLOR=Yellow]date = { day = 1 month = november year = 1494 }[/COLOR]
	offset = [COLOR=Red]150[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]50[/COLOR]
	[COLOR=Yellow]deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1494 }[/COLOR]

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME165013A" #Name him court advisor
		command = { type = ADM which = 2 value = 72 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME165013B" #Just lock him for good
		command = { type = vp value = -5 }
	}
}
#-#In 1487 Joao II of Portugal ordered Bartolomeu Dias around Africa by sea, but he also ordered his trusted spymaster and diplomat, Pêro da Covilhã, to reach India and the Kingdom of Prester John by land. Pêro da Covilhã spoke fluent arabic, and with a companion travelled to Mecca. From there he travelled alone to Goa and Calicut, learning about currents, winds and the origen of the different spices. He then returned to Cairo. From there he forwarded his information together with advise on the best sea-route to India to his King, before continuing to Aden, Ormuz, and Saylac, in the coast of Adal. He finally arrived to Ethiopia in 1490, being well received by Emperor Eskander. After four years of stay, he was preparing his departure, with a proposal of an alliance from the Emperor of Ethiopia to the King of Portugal, when Eskander died. He was succeded by his brother Na'od, after the death of his son. Na'od informed Pêro da Covilhã that he would have to remain in Ethiopia for the rest of his life according to the custom of the Kingdom, but rewarded him lavishly and named him court advisor.

Date of 165049 should be "day = 1 month = november year = 1494". Na'od isn't ruler before.
I suggest "Mekane Selassie under construction" for EVENTNAME165050 in order to avoid confusion with EVENTNAME165049.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
About monarchs, historical monarchs shouldn't be dormant as a rule. Keep in mind revolter country should start with historical monarch.

Of course the major exception to this is the few cases in which certain conditions need to be met to get the historical chain (e.g. Hapsburg succession in Portugal).

Yes, exceptions only confirm the rule. ;)
Portugal revolting with a Spanish but historical monarch could be strange.

Here, Na'od is the action_a and there is no trigger in the event. No reason to make him dormant.

Lord Grave said:
Some more Ethiopia. I hope some Ethiopians get to play the game some day and appreciate the work.

i am not from the region but i play this nation A LOT and i do appreciate your work, please CONTINIU TO DO SO( more events for ethiopia and shongay :) )

beregic said:
i am not from the region but i play this nation A LOT and i do appreciate your work, please CONTINIU TO DO SO( more events for ethiopia and shongay :) )

I'm glad someone other than me plays Ethiopia :)

Anyway, I have a todo file where I keep my ideas for AGCEEP because I get more ideas then I have the time to put into events, and ideas for Ethiopia take about 70% of that file. I hope I'll be able to come up with some new ETH events soon.

Lord Grave said:

Anyway, I have a todo file where I keep my ideas for AGCEEP because I get more ideas then I have the time to put into events, and ideas for Ethiopia take about 70% of that file. I hope I'll be able to come up with some new ETH events soon.

the problem i keep running into, with ethiopia, has always to do with map limitations; in "mymap" and the INITIAL "watckboi" this nation is super fun even only with the basic events. so when your new map comes out, i am sure ethiopia will become a favourite across the board;). becouse its relatvelly very low tax provinces ethiopia is very chalanging, one has to be extreamlly carefull of size increase wich brings technology costs increase in most cases. it has to lay low sort of speak for first 100 years and rely on portugal for example, a nice game-play touch in mp and sp as well... forming THE african empire with them is achivable, but if not carefull, portugal and especially ottos could curb their "ambitions". are there any historical bases the provincial goods could reflect more variety at least? the adal-ethiopia war is well done! need more such interactions to keep player involved especially in 18th century when the only few last events are generally flavour only or some DP sliding.

also could update shongay as well?( if you are in "charge" of african developments) beautifull first 100 years, quiet very historical as well, but once we run past the main dates, the events file is literaly dead :( bring in ahistorical files "if" shongay manages to stay not only alive, but keeping his conquests past a certain amount of years?

coming to think of it, in this case and overall , i think MORE province related events would help out a lot with game-play values.

Last edited:
Lord Grave said:

the problem i keep running into, with ethiopia, has always to do with map limitations; in "mymap" and the INITIAL "watckboi" this nation is super fun even only with the basic events. so when your new map comes out, i am sure ethiopia will become a favourite across the board;). becouse its relatvelly very low tax provinces ethiopia is very chalanging, one has to be extreamlly carefull of size increase wich brings technology costs increase in most cases. it has to lay low sort of speak for first 100 years and rely on portugal for example, a nice game-play touch in mp and sp as well... forming THE african empire with them is achivable, but if not carefull, portugal and especially ottos could curb their "ambitions". are there any historical bases the provincial goods could reflect more variety at least? the adal-ethiopia war is well done! need more such interactions to keep player involved especially in 18th century when the only few last events are generally flavour only or some DP sliding.

also could update shongay as well?( if you are in "charge" of african developments) beautifull first 100 years, quiet very historical as well, but once we run past the main dates, the events file is literaly dead :( bring in ahistorical files "if" shongay manages to stay not only alive, but keeping his conquests past a certain amount of years?

I think there is a "West Africa" or simply "Africa" thread where Songhai should be discussed. I suggested some ways to improve gameplay with Songhai there, but they were rightly refused and we concluded that nothing can be done. I certainly wouldn't mind a fantasy option or a fantasy scenario for more interesting Songhai.

Lord Grave said:
I think there is a "West Africa" or simply "Africa" thread where Songhai should be discussed. I suggested some ways to improve gameplay with Songhai there, but they were rightly refused and we concluded that nothing can be done. I certainly wouldn't mind a fantasy option or a fantasy scenario for more interesting Songhai.

Overstated much? You suggested that Songhai should move to the muslim techgroup and that it should get free cores on colonizable provinces. I don't think we agreed that nothing could be done, just that we needed something plausible.

Lord Grave said:
I suggested some ways to improve gameplay with Songhai there, but they were rightly refused and we concluded that nothing can be done. I certainly wouldn't mind a fantasy option or a fantasy scenario for more interesting Songhai.

that is quiet odd that there ahistorical events in many files all over the world, yet shongay(the only nation worth playing in west africa, from game play historical value aspects) to be LEFT OUT :mad:

Be my guests, Garbon and Beregic. Muslim techgroup and more cores were my best shot, and I agree it shouldn't be implemented. Come up with something more plausible and you have my full support for implementing the new events.

Now that I think of it, maybe there should be a way for Songhai to avoid the salt trade disaster, but I can't consider the possible conditions right now because I'm not at home. You know, somthing like the possibility for France to avoid the revolution by having low aristocracy DP.

Lord Grave said:
Now that I think of it, maybe there should be a way for Songhai to avoid the salt trade disaster, but I can't consider the possible conditions right now because I'm not at home. You know, somthing like the possibility for France to avoid the revolution by having low aristocracy DP.

Well there currently are two outs. Rush up and take Morocco (there should be events that make this more painful) or agree to become a vassal of Morocco.

Discussion about AGCEEP Ethiopia continues for For the Glory in this thread: