• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dawnfire

Second Lieutenant
62 Badges
Apr 21, 2004
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
First of all, I'm not sure nor claiming this is a problem of this mod; or the general problem-full HoI AI engine.

After the German offensive ended in Russia 1942, and we took defensive positions, something seemed to freeze in the entire world. It's now 1948, and discounting Japanese and US fighting over PNG, fierce aerial battles everywhere in the world, the AI-typical three division at a time killing themselves at the Atlantic Wall, the AI-typical "problem" of nuking all former allied capitals + Warsava and Cieszyn, of all places, nothing has happened anywhere, Axis or Allied or Comintern. Following, I have screenshots of various theathres of the game showing massive piles. I've closely scanned every theathre and there has been no big movement anywhere. The SU outnumbers us at least 3:1 with its 700 divisions, yet it shuffles them around on the frontline for ever.
Nat. China outnumbers Japanese China garrison at least 8:1 and does nothing.
And most interestingly, the garrison near Haikou outnumbers the defenders ~25:1 and does nothing.
This has never happened to me in Vanilla HOI in this scale in several dozen games.

I'm not sure whether my behavior has something to do with it, but I doubt - all I've done is build and research, capture Yugoslavia, refuse to give it away, move my 50 divisions to Dnepropetrovsk where they have been for 4 years now, and destroy over 2,000 US and Commonwealth bombers over Hannover with the loss of probably over 3,000 basic fighters.

If you have questions about the occurrances in the game, please ask and I try to answer.

(Edit: Naturally the most important part of eastfront was missing from the s-shots: In the north, at Tallin-Wilno, SU has about 300 divisions against about 60 German divisions, but it is content to wait for something)

ScreenSave9.jpg

ScreenSave10.jpg

ScreenSave11.jpg

ScreenSave12.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a 'problem', but it sure is somewhat boring.

This might be a good place to mention this another small thing too: Haiti and the Dom. Rep started war in this same game back in 193X something. They have been in war for 10 years, doing nothing. Haiti has 11 divisions of mostly militia - it could crush the Dom. Rep.

I believe it's because of the minor.ai, isn't it? Minor.ai never attacks or something like that. I'm not sure whether you think it is even desirable that the Hispaniola island wages real war with each other, and I think it is as low priority as possible to make haiti_dominican_war.ai and the counterpart, but nevertheless I report this.

Well I been working on HoI 2 and have not looked at this in sometime but if my memory serves me correctly what tends to happen is the GER vs SOV front stabalizes for about 2 years which if Germany can get some good battles against SOV they win but if they run out of manpower then the front starts to get pushed back sometime in 44.