escape file -> prison file? HELP PLEASE

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mansnlnl

Recruit
6 Badges
May 19, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Island Bound
I hope someone can help me because I accidentally deleted my prison. I've really put some effort in this prison and it's pretty big.
I still have a file from escape mode in this prison. So I hoped someone could tell me how I could modify that file to be a normal prison file and not an escape mode file. if you need more info or the file itself just ask!

Make a backup just in case.
If you open the file in a text editor, there is a "BEGIN EscapeMode" section, maybe deleting that will work?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Make a backup just in case.
If you open the file in a text editor, there is a "BEGIN EscapeMode" section, maybe deleting that will work?

okay so that Kina worked. I now can use al my normal tools to build and control the prison. but there is still one problem.... the camera is still following a prisoner.

Maybe delete that prisoner off the save file? If that doesnt work I could have a look when I have time in the following weeks.

yea that was the first thing I tried when I noticed this. It didn’t work After I loaded that file I just became another prisoner
Okey it would be awesome if you could take a look at it that would mean much to me. Thank you so much!!
For your information: the camera follows one person, I can control this person’s movement but nothing else. If I put the time on pause I can move the camera free but the mouse isn’t in line with the screen anymore.