• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LuduinManuel

Sergeant
7 Badges
Jan 19, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
Hello, good afternoon, first an apology for the poor language, I don't speak ingles so I had to resort to Google translator, the issue is as follows....

I have an error when signing the second non-aggression pact (ribbentrop-molotov treaty), and that is that although the ussr accepts the treaty, the non-aggression pact is not made, and because of it if the ussr is already very empowered By mid-late 1940 he ended up declaring war on me for that date, what I just contacted happened to me in a previous game, I canceled that game and started another game in which the same thing happened, it is not specified or the non-aggression pact between Germany and the ussr, although the red one does accept.....

Could this be an internal bug in the game or in the event or something similar???

Thanks for any help you can give me.
I am playing on version 1.05.2
Before installing patch 1.05.2 this error did not occur, I also have the save file before making the pact to be able to corroborate what I say

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
from a quick look at the files, I think that the "The Second Ribbentrop-Molotov Treaty" never granted a non-aggression pact between SOV and GER.
If SOV attacks you, perhaps you've been more aggressive than historical? That's what usually leads to a more aggressive SOV.
Feel free to provide a savegame.

Hi,
from a quick look at the files, I think that the "The Second Ribbentrop-Molotov Treaty" never granted a non-aggression pact between SOV and GER.
If SOV attacks you, perhaps you've been more aggressive than historical? That's what usually leads to a more aggressive SOV.
Feel free to provide a savegame.
I thought I remembered that if such a pact was generated but I am not very sure, and aggressive?, I did not lose it, although I did not do more than what would be expected before the French armistice. I'm going to pass the saved game from before making the treaty

I thought I remembered that if such a pact was generated but I am not very sure, and aggressive?, I did not lose it, although I did not do more than what would be expected before the French armistice. I'm going to pass the saved game from before making the treaty
The game is, I think, after the armistice, the event of the second treaty is already not activated, after it is activated, you can check in diplomacy and see that no current treaty with the USSR is observed, which caused that in a game prior to this the ussr attacked me before the fall of France... Although in this current game the ussr did not attack me, yes I must admit, but I can still observe that he, and I too, at any time can declare the war

The truth is that I don't know if it's like you say, but I thought I remembered that if a non-aggression treaty was signed, because diplomacy wouldn't let me declare war on the USSR for that pact... In previous games in the previous version of course

I gave a quick check and I saw no traces of a Non-Aggression Pact going back to 2014, so before the release of patch 1.0. It is possible that it was there in earlier version, but I'm pretty sure that it would have been included in the first Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact, not the the Second Ribbentrop-Molotov Treaty which is more of an economic accord. On the other hand, this pact raises the relations between SOV and GER and this might help a bit in avoiding a DoW, but there's nothing more than that.

Hice una revisión rápida y no vi rastros de un Pacto de No Agresión que se remonta a 2014, así que antes del lanzamiento del parche 1.0. Es posible que estuviera allí en una versión anterior, pero estoy bastante seguro de que se habría incluido en el primer Pacto Ribbentrop-Molotov, no en el Segundo Tratado Ribbentrop-Molotov, que es más un acuerdo económico. Por otro lado, este pacto eleva las relaciones entre SOV y GER y esto podría ayudar un poco a evitar un DoW, pero no hay nada más que eso.
Valla, well then I was wrong, so much depends on how good relations you have with the USSR so that it does not attack you before finishing with France? And what you say about playing very aggressive, what exactly do you mean?

Valla, well then I was wrong, so much depends on how good relations you have with the USSR so that it does not attack you before finishing with France? And what you say about playing very aggressive, what exactly do you mean?
Relations play a small part, but they can't always prevent a SOV DoW.
For example IIRC in some of our recent internal test games, AI-SOV sometimes DoWed human-GER if GER started annexing or puppeting more than the usual share of countries (e.g. Switzerland, Baltics, Scandinavian/Iberian countries). And honestly we think this is fine, since a more aggressive SOV is a good answer to a more aggressive GER.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well then I suppose you mean that it is the AI itself that has implications here. Some concepts you name I don't fully understand for example IIRC is it like a game guide?

I am very ignorant with many of these names, excuse the question

Well then I suppose you mean that it is the AI itself that has implications here. Some concepts you name I don't fully understand for example IIRC is it like a game guide?

I am very ignorant with many of these names, excuse the question

This guide is over 10 years old so not all the information is accurate today. But it will give you a good idea.

Also, there's a lot of modding documentation in your DH files on your computer.

Edit: Also, IIRC is short of If I Recall Correctly

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: